There was a coo

25 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

We are the only fixture in the whole of Scotland postponed in the top 5 tiers according to BBC. Seems a bit questionable of a decision to be honest.

I don’t want to come over as some conspiracy theorist, but I did wonder a little if Dalbeattie might not be too upset with a postponement.

Given that they probably consider Cowden at home as a game they might have a chance in, and have just taken the drubbing of drubbings, may have been happy to regroup and go another day.

29 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

We are the only fixture in the whole of Scotland postponed in the top 5 tiers according to BBC. Seems a bit questionable of a decision to be honest.

Its such an obvious tactical call off from them. Massive game for them they have a few starters injured and coming off the back off a 10-0 defeat. I believe they called a pitch inspection lunch time yesterday which is a shambles. Just hope the league don’t screw the fans and players off and make it mid week.

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Its such an obvious tactical call off from them. Massive game for them they have a few starters injured and coming off the back off a 10-0 defeat. I believe they called a pitch inspection lunch time yesterday which is a shambles. Just hope the league don’t screw the fans and players off and make it mid week.

Extremely unlikely to be midweek as there's still some free Saturdays for you, at least that's one of the good things about being out of the cups and having played plenty of midweek games...

Sorry folks but the conspiracy theories about Dalbeattie are pretty embarrassing, sounding like Maurice Ross’s twitter account. 

I was down last night ahead of the game (wild decision, I know) and there were areas covered in water and it rained all night and morning. Didn’t expect it to be on.

An independent referee, who won’t have cared if it was on or off, will have made the decision. 

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t want to come over as some conspiracy theorist, but I did wonder a little if Dalbeattie might not be too upset with a postponement.

Given that they probably consider Cowden at home as a game they might have a chance in, and have just taken the drubbing of drubbings, may have been happy to regroup and go another day.

To be fair to them, the Dumbarton game is also off and a lot of the other games are on plastic pitches (which I don't like personally). In the old days it would definitely be on and if it meant a mud bath, then so be it. Think it has been wet down there for days. Maybe we will have improved by the time it comes around.

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

Maurice is Maurice. I believe Dalbeattie but it's sad as you look forward to the game and it's off when most are on. Just for mental health, the football is what keeps me going. I know it's sad but when you have very little in your life, the football on Saturday makes you feel part of something, if you get me, love?

The only bonus is we will hopefully have another Saturday game in maybe March in better weather.

It rained pretty heavily in Dalbeattie from teatime Friday until about 9 on Saturday morning. That on top of last Friday in which the area had the highest rainfall in 40 years and it has rained every other day since, meant the game was always going to be in doubt.  I am pretty sure the club volunteers that spent Thursday forking the pitch will be glad to know that they are part of a conspiracy. We'll maybe get some tee-shirts printed.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Sorry folks but the conspiracy theories about Dalbeattie are pretty embarrassing, sounding like Maurice Ross’s twitter account. 

I was down last night ahead of the game (wild decision, I know) and there were areas covered in water and it rained all night and morning. Didn’t expect it to be on.

An independent referee, who won’t have cared if it was on or off, will have made the decision. 

54 minutes ago, Sermani said:

It rained pretty heavily in Dalbeattie from teatime Friday until about 9 on Saturday morning. That on top of last Friday in which the area had the highest rainfall in 40 years and it has rained every other day since, meant the game was always going to be in doubt.  I am pretty sure the club volunteers that spent Thursday forking the pitch will be glad to know that they are part of a conspiracy. We'll maybe get some tee-shirts printed.

Fair enough both of you, thanks for taking the time to post. 
Hopefully you could excuse a few of us being a little cynical given this week’s circumstances, but you have convinced me for one. 😀

2 hours ago, monthecoo said:

Maurice is Maurice. I believe Dalbeattie but it's sad as you look forward to the game and it's off when most are on. Just for mental health, the football is what keeps me going. I know it's sad but when you have very little in your life, the football on Saturday makes you feel part of something, if you get me, love?

Yeah, January is a dreary old month, so it’s good to get out and about, even driving 100 miles to see the Cowden😀

We went to see Hibs v Aberdeen girls NAP match (National Academy Programme, which is the top level of girls teams) this afternoon, some really skilful players in both teams on show.

5 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

It’s Scotland in winter you get shit weather and postponed games.

Going by the forecast I wasn’t expecting it to be on.

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

I can remember when we got tanned 10-0 at Hearts and the following week held Rangers to a draw.

Sometimes after a shite result it’s maybe good to have a game quickly to get it out your system.

3 hours ago, monthecoo said:

Bonnyrigg losing 3-0 to bottom of Albion, which will put Bonnyrigg bottom.

You would think who ever finishes bottom of the SPFL will be down as Brechin look strong.

5 points between 10th and 4th. Anybody could join us in the Lowland League between these teams.

4-0 that’s 3 times Rovers have beat them.

No one getting cast adrift like us last season.

59 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

4-0 that’s 3 times Rovers have beat them.

No one getting cast adrift like us last season.

Extremely tight league this year in league two from third to bottom making it a nervy next few months for those clubs with the trapdoor.

I predicted following the first leg vs Bonnyrigg that although they truly beat us that Bonnyrigg would come straight back down as although they did very well getting into the SPFL we made it far too easy for them and didn't think they looked anything special we were I felt just that poor. Very important result for Albion against them today.

At least there is something to play for in league two just now making it very interesting.

Ouch.When you actually look at this league table it really hits home and hurts to look at. Team must start getting their act together and fast in terms of stringing some results together to pick up more points.

Definitely need someone who knows where the net is and can do it week in week out and ensure we create chances as our goals conceded are not that much worse of than those at the top end if we are being kind to ourselves.

Maybe something to build on for next season and the remaining games by maintaining the good performances for goals conceded and build on grabbing goals.

Fingers crossed 

image.thumb.png.d2a19b2f477caf8e7b362ebc0c5fe517.png

Edited by Cowden316

10 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

The season is a bust for us now - we won't go down. The bottom two in the past number seasons have ever reached into 20 points. We just have nothing to play for.

Sad reality is one of B teams is likely to win the league with Spartans being best of the rest. For me, out of the teams in this league, Spartans looked the most competent outfit with a lot of creative. Even though, they were a bunch of divers when we played them. But they grinded out the result against us when it did not look likely at points.

Does anyone know if the Lowland League Cup is going ahead this year? It may give us something to fight for.

They play the LC at the end of the season. No B teams and the team going into the play off can opt out. 

3 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

The season is a bust for us now - we won't go down. The bottom two in the past number seasons have ever reached into 20 points. We just have nothing to play for.

Does anyone know if the Lowland League Cup is going ahead this year? It may give us something to fight for.

You won't go down, but if Brechin beat Bonnyrigg/Albion Rovers/Stranraer/Stenhousemuir then both Edinburgh Uni and Dalbeattie will be relegated. Those two will be replaced by club 42 and Darvel or Linlithgow, neither of which will be as bad as Cowdenbeath - so you are essentially starting next season as relegation candidates...

The fixture list has the Lowland League Cup taking place after the season ends on 29/4, 6/5, 13/5 and 21/5, don't see why it wouldn't go ahead same as last season.

7 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Also when is Ross contracted until? 

End of the season. 

We need to get rid now so the new manager has can prepare for next season. 

Yes, the performance against Tranent was encouraging but we've been here before with the win over East Kilbride. We need to consider his performance overall and it's not good enough. 

On 02/01/2023 at 13:05, cowdenbeath said:

You never missed much, better off in Japan.

Happy New Year.

I miss Scottish football 😁  Happy New Year.  (sorry to late greeting as I did not check this site until Tranent Juniors won a game)