There was a coo

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I suppose it shows how much we have dropped that we are "happy" with a 0-0 against Tranent.

Its the way of life down here without a sugar daddy financing things.

You wern't great today but the league table dosn't lie.

No sugar daddy at Tranent, just a well oiled committee who work their ar*e off to make us competitive on the park.

As I said you guys are third bottom of the league for a reason, I would also think that the playing/management budget at Tranent is less than the budget at Cowdenbeath. 

45 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was a positive result going into a game against a side who are now joint leaders and getting a point and a clean sheet on the back of four straight away defeats.

Have to admit I was a bit worried when we went down to ten men but it worked out alright in the end.

Why was the Cowden player sent off, did he say something to the ref?

50 minutes ago, beachboy said:

No sugar daddy at Tranent, just a well oiled committee who work their ar*e off to make us competitive on the park.

As I said you guys are third bottom of the league for a reason, I would also think that the playing/management budget at Tranent is less than the budget at Cowdenbeath. 

I wasn’t meaning directly Tranent, although I imagine your well sponsored.

I don’t really have a problem with people pumping money into clubs wish we had someone like that and we maybe wouldn’t be in the LL.

Not idea on the budget of the two clubs but I’d wager Mango was the highest paid player on the pitch yesterday.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, beachboy said:

The surface isn't exactly conducive to play free flowing football, the worst park we have encountered this season in the Lowland League.

Not an excuse for our draw, we were poor first half and slightly better second. 

It's always the pitch when you lose. You'll get a shock if you ever get promoted. Won't happen this season though.

35 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It's always the pitch when you lose. You'll get a shock if you ever get promoted. Won't happen this season though.

Am pretty sure we didn't lose!!!

No one at Tranent expects us to be promoted but we can dream.

Hopefully you guys will stay up rather than having local derbies next season v Crossgates, HOB & Swifts.

Happy New Year from everyone associated with the TJ's to everyone who continue to support Cowdenbeath during these tough times.

First time we have been in the stand for a while as prefer the terracing.

It was interesting to see the amount of people that are helping out in some capacity to make sure all the tasks that need done are dealt with, it’s easy to forget that when you just come and watch the game and leave.

From the minute you enter the stadium with the shop and the programme and half cut draw, to all the volunteers going about their business in the main stand, through to the playing side of things, thank you all, and a happy new year. And that’s only the work they carry out on match day.

I really enjoyed the game being on NYE, think the early start helped as it gave you a lot of the day back (did anyone else feel by about 7pm it was a lot later?!).  The roads over from Edinburgh were great compared to the normal Saturday and we took the scenic way back to the motorway through Hill of Beath and saw Jim Baxter’s statue and even Stuart Adamson Crescent in Crossgates. 😀

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

First time we have been in the stand for a while as prefer the terracing.

It was interesting to see the amount of people that are helping out in some capacity to make sure all the tasks that need done are dealt with, it’s easy to forget that when you just come and watch the game and leave.

From the minute you enter the stadium with the shop and the programme and half cut draw, to all the volunteers going about their business in the main stand, through to the playing side of things, thank you all, and a happy new year. And that’s only the work they carry out on match day.

I really enjoyed the game being on NYE, think the early start helped as it gave you a lot of the day back (did anyone else feel by about 7pm it was a lot later?!).  The roads over from Edinburgh were great compared to the normal Saturday and we took the scenic way back to the motorway through Hill of Beath and saw Jim Baxter’s statue and even Stuart Adamson Crescent in Crossgates. 😀

Agree about the early start. At least we got a good bit of the day. Hope we can do this again, a win/win for most of us.

1 hour ago, beachboy said:

Hopefully you guys will stay up rather than having local derbies next season v Crossgates, HOB & Swifts.

Happy New Year from everyone associated with the TJ's to everyone who continue to support Cowdenbeath during these tough times.

Happy New year to you too.

7 hours ago, beachboy said:

We are not bankrolled like Tranent and when your investor runs out of money you will slide down the table and back to the EoS league 

14 hours ago, Cowden41 said:

We are not bankrolled like Tranent and when your investor runs out of money you will slide down the table and back to the EoS league 

Lol, here's me thinking an investor is someone who looks for a return on his investment.

I can assure you we have no one that 'bankrolls' Tranent, we have a exceptionally hard working committee who work their balls off to ensure the club is financially sound......FACT

53 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Thank you Rie and blessings. Been there and done that so we know New Year is a special time for all in Japan. My children have fond memories.

Good to hear that.  I prefer Japanese New Year than Scottish New Year even though I miss watching football...

9 hours ago, monthecoo said:

You brought freestanding camera equipment to record the game which at minimum is 4 grand, more looking 5-6-7 grand for decent brand. Plus you could spend another 3 grand in accessories, like the rain cover over the camera rig you had for example. As you will see have a camera worth about £800 that needs to be operated by a volunteer. 

You have an entourage of at least 50 all in branded Tranent tracksuits and jackets. That costs money. 

You had boxes of equipment unloaded off the bus that no other team has brought this season all being wheeled or carried by the entourage.

You may not have a main investor, but you obviously have some wealthy sponsors bankrolling your matchday operations that other clubs do not have. I don't understand why you want to hide it like it is bad thing. If you want success in this game, you have to have a bit money behind you. 

Nearly every team we have played at home this season have had one of these cameras with them, not our fault your club does not  have one, entourage of 50, we had 18 player's and manager, assistant manager,  goalkeeping coach, physio and a kitman so by your reckoning we had 27 committee ?  Talking about bankrolled does Donald Findlay QC not bankroll your lot ?

19 hours ago, Rie said:

Thank you! You too Happy New Year from Japan (with the traditional New Year Japanese food :)

20230101_072705.jpg

Is that Kohaku Kamaboko on the left? 

I worked for a Japanese company many moons ago and spent time in Fukushima. I liked the salmon and tuna sashimi, but not the wasabi. I have to confess, I ate McDonald's a few times in the centre of Fukushima, even though I never eat it in Scotland.