There was a coo

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I doubt Cowden had any thoughts it wouldn’t be playable or they would have had an earlier inspection.

Presumably it’s just the referee has arrived as normal and said all ok.

The pitch as you would have seen was ok, bit farcical asking the ref to look at it.

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:
I was just about getting ready to leave Edinburgh.

According to those at the Club, such was the moaning by the Tranent players saying that the pitch was frozen, the Ref felt obliged to have a wander round and said he was perfectly happy with it. 
Looks like they just didn’t fancy it today.

8 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

According to those at the Club, such was the moaning by the Tranent players saying that the pitch was frozen, the Ref felt obliged to have a wander round and said he was perfectly happy with it. 
Looks like they just didn’t fancy it today.

They certainly played as if they didn't fancy it.  It was a piss poor game to watch.

Decent point. Some good performances.

Surprised how poor Tranent were. They did create a few good openings but very little clear cut chances.

Another win for East Stirling means we finish the year 3rd bottom. They have certainly reacted well to the new appointment.

On a deep reflection today was actually a hard fought point that we should be pleased with given Tranents great league position.

Question marks over the standards on display today in terms of passing/creativity etc however you could argue both sides were at fault for overall standards today.

Overall pleased with the point and something to build on.

Edited by Cowden316

1 hour ago, silkybeath said:

Decent point. Some good performances.

Surprised how poor Tranent were. They did create a few good openings but very little clear cut chances.

Another win for East Stirling means we finish the year 3rd bottom. They have certainly reacted well to the new appointment.

Aye Shire have had the new manager bounce, same squad so a case of Sandy Clark getting more out of them than Derek Ure.

It was a decent point for us, like you I was surprised how poor Tranent were given they are now ten games undefeated in the league and cups.

2 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

On a deep reflection today was actually a hard fought point that we should be pleased with given Tranents great league position.

Question marks over the standards on display today in terms of passing/creativity etc however you could argue both sides were at fault for overall standards today.

Overall pleased with the point and something to build on.

Is a point at home against a poor Tranent team (just quoting from other Cowdenbeath posters) such a good point or is it where you guys are as a club?

In all honesty there isn't a player from the current Cowdenbeath team that would be a guaranteed starter in the Tranent team?

Unfortunately you are where you are for a reason, Tranent were below our normal standard today, not sure the surface was the best for a team that likes to play football?

Onwards and upwards for the TJ's and sincere thanks for the hospitality showed by the Cowdenbeath committee today.

10/10 for the welcoming 

32 minutes ago, beachboy said:

Is a point at home against a poor Tranent team (just quoting from other Cowdenbeath posters) such a good point or is it where you guys are as a club?

In all honesty there isn't a player from the current Cowdenbeath team that would be a guaranteed starter in the Tranent team?

Unfortunately you are where you are for a reason, Tranent were below our normal standard today, not sure the surface was the best for a team that likes to play football?

Onwards and upwards for the TJ's and sincere thanks for the hospitality showed by the Cowdenbeath committee today.

10/10 for the welcoming 

I suppose it shows how much we have dropped that we are "happy" with a 0-0 against Tranent.

Its the way of life down here without a sugar daddy financing things.

You wern't great today but the league table dosn't lie.

Edited by cowdenbeath

5 minutes ago, beachboy said:

10/10 for the welcoming 

For us, 4th from bottom, a point against a team that should have been busting a gut to win and go top of the league is a good point.

Maybe you didn’t play well because we didn’t let you? One thing about Cowden is that one or two exceptions apart we have been strong in defence in most games, so not always easy to break down.

Hopefully Tranent keep going well, would love to see someone finish in front of the B teams.

10 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

For us, 4th from bottom, a point against a team that should have been busting a gut to win and go top of the league is a good point.

Maybe you didn’t play well because we didn’t let you? One thing about Cowden is that one or two exceptions apart we have been strong in defence in most games, so not always easy to break down.

Hopefully Tranent keep going well, would love to see someone finish in front of the B teams.

A fair point. We have conceded 32 goals in 22 games, with 12 of them coming in 4 games against OGB, Rangers and Bo'ness. Its 3 less than leaders Rangers have and overall 10 clubs above us have conceded more.

The big problem for us is scoring with just 25, only our fellow bottom 4 clubs have scored less.

I’ve been saying for months the issues isn’t conceding it’s scoring and I don’t see that changing.

thought Love was good today at breaking things up and he was my MOM.

Will take current league position at the end of the season and start afresh.

3 hours ago, wulliemc said:

I’ve been saying for months the issues isn’t conceding it’s scoring and I don’t see that changing.

thought Love was good today at breaking things up and he was my MOM.

Will take current league position at the end of the season and start afresh.

We can possibly get up the table. Dalbeattie and Edinburgh Uni away in the next 5 weeks should be target wins, and quite a lot of home games, though some of them are tough.

Hopefully some of the B team players have got far flung tournaments abroad when we are due to play them all at home, knowing our luck probably not.

Edited by Cowdenleith

2 hours ago, beachboy said:

10/10 for the welcoming 

Your No11 was the worst player on the park. Several others weren't much better.There were some good ones too though.

9 hours ago, monthecoo said:

Good to see Nish back, a decent chap, just a shame of his players and backroom staff aren't as proper as him.

Thanks to the manager, his players are getting better every week this season as far as I can see.  Shame I could not go to see the game, as I am in Japan at moment...

5 hours ago, beachboy said:

10/10 for the welcoming 

When Nish was Cowden Manager , it was all long ball and I didn’t see anything different in Tranent tactics today. 

6 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

When Nish was Cowden Manager , it was all long ball and I didn’t see anything different in Tranent tactics today. 

The surface isn't exactly conducive to play free flowing football, the worst park we have encountered this season in the Lowland League.

Not an excuse for our draw, we were poor first half and slightly better second. 

8 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Today was in my opinion a positive result I ain't gonna talk ab out league positions. I saw a team that was fighting and worked their nuts off for the Jersey. Sometimes as a fan that's all u can ask.

I want to thank the fans for their support. I want everyone to really really get behind the team. Here's to 2023.

It was a positive result going into a game against a side who are now joint leaders and getting a point and a clean sheet on the back of four straight away defeats.

Have to admit I was a bit worried when we went down to ten men but it worked out alright in the end.

17 minutes ago, beachboy said:

The surface isn't exactly conducive to play free flowing football, the worst park we have encountered this season in the Lowland League.

If you are still in this league next season I look forward to playing our new year derby on a pristine pitch after it’s been raining and snowing in the lead up to the game.

Its not the greatest pitch we have but the amount of water which has been on it in the last month won’t have helped it.

Its Scotland in winter you just have to deal with it.

A good player can adapt to playing on any surface.

You had an excellent surface when we played you at the start of the season but I can’t remember much free flowing football, you weren’t exactly Brazil 1970.

42 minutes ago, beachboy said:

How could you say that from the stands, ? Your players weren’t up for it and we just got on with it, just like the old days !

4598D239-7D55-4401-A73D-6E75ED445082.jpeg