There was a coo

19 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Don't worry, Santa will have dropped off a few surprises. 

Hopefully Santa has been at Cowden.

Despite me moaning, feeling disillusioned and getting grumpy saying I won't be back anytime soon think I will grin and bare it by going next Saturday.

Why I want to is beyond me well I do know as just like the rest of us I care too much and talked myself round in the sense it could be worse that we could have no Cowdenbeath Football Club and we need to fight on to hopefully better days ahead at the club.

Nish though could have the last laugh next Saturday following us all being quite critical of them during their spell with us. To be fair he is doing a very good job at Tranent and building on their experience.

Wonder in hindsight rather than the Fox appointment how season would have went if we had kept Nish?

Edited by Cowden316

2 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Hopefully Santa has been at Cowden.

Despite me moaning, feeling disillusioned and getting grumpy saying I won't be back anytime soon think I will grin and bare it by going next Saturday.

Why I want to is beyond me well I do know as just like the rest of us I care too much and talked myself round in the sense it could be worse that we could have no Cowdenbeath Football Club and we need to fight on to hopefully better days ahead at the club.

Nish though could have the last laugh next Saturday following us all being quite critical of them during their spell with us. To be fair he is doing a very good job at Tranent and building on their experience.

Wonder in hindsight rather than the Fox appointment how season would have went if we had kept Nish?

After the disaster which was Fox I often wonder the same thing.

He has done well at Tranent, although he inherited a decent squad.

No doubt he learned a lot from his time as a rookie manager with us.

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Despite recent results in a strange way I’m looking forward to getting back to a game on Saturday.

Last one I was at was Gretna and since then illness and postponements have halted my football watching.

Hope you are feeling a lot better, weather looks just about ok for Saturday, though no doubt chilly.

Tranent have been getting some very good crowds. Hoping as it’s 1pm kick off and shouldn’t impact on folks Hogmanay plans too much, should attract a good lot of fans through from Tranent.  Really not far at all, quick spin round the Edinburgh bypass which should be quiet and be there in no time.

Be great if more Cowden fans could get along as well, being the holiday period, though the likelihood of a very tough game might not help. 😬

6 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Hope you are feeling a lot better, weather looks just about ok for Saturday, though no doubt chilly.

Tranent have been getting some very good crowds. Hoping as it’s 1pm kick off and shouldn’t impact on folks Hogmanay plans too much, should attract a good lot of fans through from Tranent.  Really not far at all, quick spin round the Edinburgh bypass which should be quiet and be there in no time.

Be great if more Cowden fans could get along as well, being the holiday period, though the likelihood of a very tough game might not help. 😬

I had the flu CL with was lingering about me for a good few weeks after the initial bout feeling better now thanks.

Re the weather it was frosty last night and early morning, it then snowed for a while but went away this afternoon turning to slush.

If the snow and frost stays away we should be alright for Saturday.

As you say hopefully get a few Tranent fans over given their good form.

Would be a novelty getting a good away support for a change.

Edited by cowdenbeath

16 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I had the flu CL with was lingering about me for a good few weeks after the initial bout feeling better now thanks.

Re the weather it was frosty last night and early morning, it then snowed for a while but went away this afternoon turning to slush.

If the snow and frost stays away we should be alright for Saturday.

As you say hopefully get a few Tranent fans over given their good form.

Would be a novelty getting a good away support for a change.

Forecast -1C overnight. Doesn't take much to put off a game these days.

11 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Forecast -1C overnight. Doesn't take much to put off a game these days.

Are you looking at the temp including wind chill?

I think the weather looks ok now. The Metoffice website that I find pretty reliable shows a low of 3 degrees overnight Friday for Cowdenbeath.  

It actually gets colder later on Saturday afternoon and overnight to Sunday, but I think it looks ok going into Saturday.

19 minutes ago, Halfwit8 said:

What's the chances of this game being on tomorrow with all this rain ?

Might get a game of water polo at this rate 😬

It’s meant to stop mid afternoon, don’t know if there is a chance it might be ok if that’s accurate, I really hope so, I wanna get out to the game. 🤞

Edited by Cowdenleith

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Tom Ewing just posted a postive tweet and picture, encouraging 👍

6735A8D7-54CC-41D9-8FED-9231991B38E3.png

Aye the water probably goes down the old mineshafts😀

Just along the road the Haws game is off.

I was going into Dunfermline at lunchtime and there’s a cracker of a flood outside Fife College must be a good few feet deep.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye the water probably goes down the old mineshafts😀

Just along the road the Haws game is off.

I was going into Dunfermline at lunchtime and there’s a cracker of a flood outside Fife College must be a good few feet deep.

That's a bad road for flooding. The water runs onto it and it takes ages to clear.

I would bet on the match being on tomorrow. It has been breezy and clear for quite a bit of the day and only light rain, if any, is forecast from now until tomorrow afternoon. The wind is supposed to fade by tomorrow as well.

Will we have a minute's silence or applause tomorrow as a mark of respect for the great Pele?