There was a coo

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Would be good to have him back.

Part of our continued downfall is our lack of goals. When you look at our league position this season looking at goals for and goals against we are not that much worse of for goals against compared to much higher positioned clubs including the top end. So there is a positive in there, trying to find one is hard these days.

So If this squad had much more creativity and someone blasting the goals in without stating the obvious we would be amongst the top of the pack.

East Kilbride in 3rd for instance one goal less conceded than us but the difference those 27 extra goals.

Need a striker that knows how to get the ball in the net and our season may improve.

We have been lacking someone who can score a decent tally of goals for a good while now, not a new thing.

21 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

We have been lacking someone who can score a decent tally of goals for a good while now, not a new thing.

Yes I know and why haven't we been able to correct it?

Poor luck? Poor signings? Poor contacts?

To be fair we have tried Sinclair good risk albeit in a lower division before was scoring goals for fun and Buchs last season. So think there is some bad luck for us.

Hopefully 2023 will be a better year for the club as I certainly won't be back anytime soon as don't think I could sit there anymore watching this shambles of a season any longer as it's far too frustrating to watch and an embarrassment for us all. 2015 Championship 2022 not too many steps from falling into the East of Scotland Pyramid.

As I keep saying I'm far too disillusioned with the club just now Unless someone, something can show an ambitious sustainable vision and direction of the football club backed up with a visible credible plan then that may entice me back.

Edited by Cowden316

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

We used to be able to get some decent loan players in the past. Several staying on after loan finished.

Why not anymore?

We've got a decent loan player in Aiden Gilmartin. He should be the first name on the teamsheet as is the only player who looks like he could make something happen.

But he's on the bench and when he does get on, gets taken off again because poor Maurice doesn't like the way he looked at him. Prior to the look, Maurice shouted "schoolboy stuff" at him the other night. He is a f*cking schoolboy.

Get Maurice to f*ck!

The loans are a difficult one in that we have tried to secure various targets that either 1. The club wouldn't loan due to the level (premiership and championship clubs) the said player has either gone to league or league 2.

2. The player also doesn't want to come to the level.

3 financial eg % wages to cover.

For example we tried to get kieran mitchell who has gone to bonnyrig and done a good job. 

I don't think our loans have been too bad but again that will be down to every person's opinion.

Sam newman everyone moaned at very start coz it was a spartans player he is arguably been our most consistent most improved and most threatening player.

Gilmartin he has fans that like him and he has scored 4 or 5 goals.

Mikey cunningham just arrived and has gelled well within the squad and is a tireless worker and did score his 1st goal other evening.

We have contacts within spfl clubs so any1 suggesting we don't is wrong. 

Signing a loan is not easy. I can guarantee that targets for even next seasons loan system are in place. Through watching constantly reserve spfl games. That's the ideal target market. 

This is a tough time no doubt and the club and supporters shouldn't accept the position we are in however everyone and I mean everyone is working tirelessly to get things right on and off the pitch.

15 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

We weren't in the or Championship when we got Chopper on loan.

That was a long time ago and we were in tier 3. 
Now we are in tier 5 the same as Hearts B play or your modern day choppers,

No reason for Hearts to loan anyone to a fellow LL side.

8 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Not made up, just doesn't fit your narrative. A poster said the exact thing above me a few posts up but you don't pick up on that - why? I see you. If you don't like criticism of your peers in high places don't come on here, simple. They are big boys, they can defend themselves. They do not a cuckold like yourself to do it for them.

But you seized on it and amplified and exaggerated it.  That is why I responded once it was no longer a random comment.  Not bothered about criticism of me or my peers - but if you want to delude yourself about some Rangers influence fill your boots. A complete red herring.  Cuckold - that’s an innovative bit of abuse at least.  Have a good Xmas 

Just now, monthecoo said:

Nope. You just don't like criticism of your beloved peers, that's why you reply to my posts specifically because it has enraged you. They are big boys if they are offended by what I and others see, they can happily challenge us and explain why we are wrong. Yeah Merry Christmas, might be one of the last ones for the club.

Enraged!?  Don’t flatter yourself

No point in getting in a bun fight with Cowden Cowboy.

Cowden Cowboy puts their heart and soul into the football club and If it wasn't for their commitment and own personal time there would probably be no Cowdenbeath Football Club.

An individual who does not seek applaud or accolades but an individual who solely focusses on the task at hand by ensuring they work hard with their shoulder to the wheel.

Merry Christmas to everyone connected to Cowdenbeath and hopefully 2023 is the year where the club can move in a positive direction and we get out of such a miserable season of football which sadly we have had to endure so far.

Edited by Cowden316

57 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

No point in getting in a bun fight with Cowden Cowboy.

Cowden Cowboy puts their heart and soul into the football club and If it wasn't for their commitment and own personal time there would probably be no Cowdenbeath Football Club.

An individual who does not seek applaud or accolades but an individual who solely focusses on the task at hand by ensuring they work hard with their shoulder to the wheel.

Merry Christmas to everyone connected to Cowdenbeath and hopefully 2023 is the year where the club can move in a positive direction and we get out of such a miserable season of football which sadly we have had to endure so far.

Just like to echo this, and hope everyone on this thread (the best thread on the whole forum) has a great Christmas. Call me crazy but I’ll be looking forward to the game on Hogmanay.