There was a coo

26 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Hi @cowdenbeath , do you know if the club will issue a new programme for Celtic game when it’s rearranged?

In anticipation of the game being called off I ordered one via the website which arrived very quickly, was just curious if they were going to keep them and issue with a wraparound or produce a new one?

Don't know to be honest we would really have to get all the original ones sold initially to justify the cost of doing a new one.

I'll keep you posted with any development.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Don't know to be honest we would really have to get all the original ones sold initially to justify the cost of doing a new one.

I'll keep you posted with any development.

Noticed a few folk flogged the Celtic game on eBay for quite a bit more than the cover price.

If any of you guys have an eBay account could probably shift quite a few for cover price plus postage, although takes a bit of work.  

I do sell stuff from time to time on eBay, would be happy to help if anyone thought it worth trying, just to help out.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Noticed a few folk flogged the Celtic game on eBay for quite a bit more than the cover price.

If any of you guys have an eBay account could probably shift quite a few for cover price plus postage, although takes a bit of work.  

I do sell stuff from time to time on eBay, would be happy to help if anyone thought it worth trying, just to help out.

Just seen that. Anyone wanting to buy one can get them cheaper direct from the club at cover price.

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Just seen that. Anyone wanting to buy one can get them cheaper direct from the club at cover price.

Yeah, maybe the club could put out a tweet to Celtic or something to say that they are available, and can get them cover price direct from the club, there’s probably a lot of Celtic collector completists who would want one. 

On 20/12/2022 at 22:33, SuperCowden said:

"I am operating at a lower level, for my ability" Maurice Ross, 2022, we need a hungry manager who cares more about the club, anytime we have a game, I expect us to lose, hes signed about 20 odd players and still hasnt got a clue how to use the players, the board is getting hell but Maurice continues to fail to get results and the best out of players, hate seeing this losing every week, in a league where most teams are taking points off each other, its unacceptable  

What on earth is going on at Central Park? This is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Did Athletic start as some sort of breakaway from BU, I genuinely have no idea?

Edit; I’ve just found this piece on the Athletic website, very confusing https://www.bonessathletic.com/club/history/

Athletic in their previous guise publicly offered the BU's certain assurances that were never honoured.......and which they probably never intended to honour.   That has led to bad blood between a number of committee men/BU fans and "Athletic".   

I am fairly relaxed about it all but I am definitely in the minority. 

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

Didn't I say Shire would pick up with Sandy Clark?! 2-0 up away at Podcast FC. 1 point behind us now. One more win for them and we are 17th. Can we please punt the useless clown of a manager we have now? The levels the club have sunk to is sickening.

Unfortunately you are probably wasting your breath. Donald is completely blinkered when it comes to his ex Rangers managerial  appointments. As a few others have said, I have no further intention of attending any games while he remains as the team manager. He is clearly clueless as well as being unprofessional in his dealings with the players. He won’t get punted, or if it does happen, it will be far too late. It’s how Cowden roll. 

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Carlos Lyon away.

Wondered about that as he was nowhere to be seen on Tuesday.

There’s no doubt a decent player in there, reckon would do well in a more creative team, so close to scoring a number of times (eg at Berwick which would have been a great equaliser after losing two quick goals), but just couldn’t get it done. 

Edited by Cowdenleith

4 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Greig Spence seems to be replying jokingly to a few odd Cowden tweets here and there.

I wonder if we could entice him to the torture of playing for the club in it's current state.

There was a rumour of him joining Tranent.

40 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Would be a decent signing for their promotion push. I heard he was hoping to stay local but I guess Tranent is near enough. Always rated him. He installed boiler for us too 🤣🤣.

Someone mentioned it a few weeks ago when he announced he was leaving Swifts.

As mentioned he played under Colin Nish at Cowden so there is a connection.

Wouldn't mind having him back!

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Would be good to have him back.

Part of our continued downfall is our lack of goals. When you look at our league position this season looking at goals for and goals against we are not that much worse of for goals against compared to much higher positioned clubs including the top end. So there is a positive in there, trying to find one is hard these days.

So If this squad had much more creativity and someone blasting the goals in without stating the obvious we would be amongst the top of the pack.

East Kilbride in 3rd for instance one goal less conceded than us but the difference those 27 extra goals.

Need a striker that knows how to get the ball in the net and our season may improve.

7 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Would be good to have him back.

Part of our continued downfall is our lack of goals. When you look at our league position this season looking at goals for and goals against we are not that much worse of for goals against compared to much higher positioned clubs including the top end. So there is a positive in there, trying to find one is hard these days.

So If this squad had much more creativity and someone blasting the goals in without stating the obvious we would be amongst the top of the pack.

East Kilbride in 3rd for instance one goal less conceded than us but the difference those 27 extra goals.

Need a striker that knows how to get the ball in the net and our season may improve.

We used to be able to get some decent loan players in the past. Several staying on after loan finished.

Why not anymore?

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

We used to be able to get some decent loan players in the past. Several staying on after loan finished.

Why not anymore?

No idea mate not sure if because of financial reasons as sometimes loan deals you may pay a percentage of the wages so maybe that was affordable in our SPFL higher league days.

Kane Hemmings and other Rangers deal days are over I think.

Edited by Cowden316

55 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The club have tried to get Spence back and I know that they were proactive a few weeks back but money talks. Think he will be joining a club a level above Tranent unless even more money is offered elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Why not anymore?

The further down the leagues you go down the less chance you have of getting good quality loans.

A lot of players and their agents would be looking for something further up.

When we were in the Championship we used to get guys from Celtic, Hearts and Rangers now we play in the same league as their B teams.

Edited by cowdenbeath