There was a coo

1 hour ago, silkybeath said:

It was definitely towards officials as he also used the refs name. Colin Jack spends most of the game shouting at officials. Doesnt help in my opinion. At one point Maurice got him to sit down instead of starting on the ref again.

I thought he was shouting to our player? I heard him shouting “Andy” when he said that

9 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

If Cowden fans could ask for one thing from Santa this Christmas  what would it be? May as well make some lighthearted atmosphere on here as understandably everyone is annoyed.

I don’t ask for much, just a moderately wealthy benefactor to bankroll the club back in the right direction. Not a lot to ask for. 😉

12 hours ago, Number seven said:

Neeb?

Fife lingo for neighbour. Probably thinks you are from Cowdenbeath rather than Bo'ness. Think he does have a point that a merger with HoB might be the better way ahead now there is no junior-senior divide, but it's always easy to say that about somebody else's club.

5 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hill O'Beath Brazil,   Cowdenbeath Hawthorns etc ........nope...... .  just don't see the HoB's selling out their identity for the "privilege" of merging with a struggling club and playing in the Lowland League.   

Cowdenbeath playing at HoB is a more realistic suggestion.   

Coo On Hill O'Beath surely.

No one wants to merge with anyone. Same thing as closing down really.

8 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hill O'Beath Brazil,   Cowdenbeath Hawthorns etc ........nope...... .  just don't see the HoB's selling out their identity for the "privilege" of merging with a struggling club and playing in the Lowland League.   

Cowdenbeath playing at HoB is a more realistic suggestion.   

A more realistic suggestion would be Bo’ness merging with Linlithgow Rose dropping back to the EoS league where you have spent most of your time you might win a few more games and then Cowden supporters would not have to read the utter rubbish comments from you.

17 minutes ago, Cowden41 said:

A more realistic suggestion would be Bo’ness merging with Linlithgow Rose dropping back to the EoS league where you have spent most of your time you might win a few more games and then Cowden supporters would not have to read the utter rubbish comments from you.

He’s about the only opposition poster on here, I don’t mind his comments good to see thoughts from the other side.

52 minutes ago, Cowden41 said:

I appear to have upset you which wasn't the intention.   

The "Boness Rose" or "Linlithgow United" options would never happen because these clubs are traditionally bitter rivals.  

As for the BU's dropping a league to win more games I think they would take a pass on that suggestion. 

It's all about finding your level and I reckon if you are comfortably mid-table then you are where you should be.

Is Hill of Beath not more like Carriden than Linlithgow in Bo'ness terms? Is there any feeling of genuine rivalry between HoB Hawthorn and Cowdenbeath or have a lot of people been happy to float along to either when they have a big game given different league setups were involved?

If Central Park is killing Cowdenbeath, having a licensed ground nearby in what is basically also Cowdenbeath is the obvious escape route. Yoker and Clydebank I guess would be an example of where both clubs keep going after that happens rather than merging.

Hi @cowdenbeath , do you know if the club will issue a new programme for Celtic game when it’s rearranged?

In anticipation of the game being called off I ordered one via the website which arrived very quickly, was just curious if they were going to keep them and issue with a wraparound or produce a new one?

Edited by Cowdenleith

28 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I appear to have upset you which wasn't the intention.   

The "Boness Rose" or "Linlithgow United" options would never happen because these clubs are traditionally bitter rivals.  

As for the BU's dropping a league to win more games I think they would take a pass on that suggestion. 

It's all about finding your level and I reckon if you are comfortably mid-table then you are where you should be.

Out of curiosity, what do you think would happen if Bo’ness Athletic climb up the East of Scotland system and at some point are just about at the same level as BU?  

Playing in the same stadium, same league and almost same colours would seem a bit weird if it came to pass. 

Did Athletic start as some sort of breakaway from BU, I genuinely have no idea?

Edit; I’ve just found this piece on the Athletic website, very confusing https://www.bonessathletic.com/club/history/

Edited by Cowdenleith