There was a coo

1 hour ago, silkybeath said:

There is currently an 11aside and 9aside pitch at Venters so land not an issue. Definitely think parking would be a stumbling block as the streets are a nightmare for parking when one of the Blue Brazil teams have a home game. Definitely need a smaller ground, just a pity that availability seems a problem. The Bo'ness setup but with a small stand would be ideal.

Are the playing fields at Beath High used extensively?  I know that the existing astro is used regularly by non school teams, but there is also a fair bit of space at the other end of the school site. 

A lot of talk about some pitches Cowden could use around the town. Just highlights where the club is.  Nothing more than an amateur/average junior team level. It’s really time to close the gates, it’s that much of a shambles. 
Adios

Edited by big al

7 hours ago, big al said:

A lot of talk about some pitches Cowden could use around the town. Just highlights where the club is.  Nothing more than an amateur/average junior team level. It’s really time to close the gates, it’s that much of a shambles. 
Adios

The chat about the stadium would probably exist whether we were still in the SPFL or not, whatever league it’s probably not sustainable as things stand, all that much longer.

It feels sometimes like this awful season and the stadium issues are correlated, I don’t think they are.

One thing about last night, there were a decent amount of Cowden fans dotted about the stadium, not all standing in the same area, that was good to see. 

10 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

There was very little to be encouraged about tonight, chasing shadows most of the evening.  Making it easy for the opposition by giving away stupid fouls in dangerous positions.

You could say we were beaten by two great free kicks and a defensive blunder, but no excuses.

I was raging at how many times Cunningham and especially Slaven were getting caught offside, often by wide margins as well, how do they not learn? Slaven was caught offside at least 5 times in the first half and I didn’t argue with any of them.

The Bo’ness team have a lot of experience and two or three of the old heids practically refereed the match for the ref. The number 4 was chirping at the linesman constantly, they were all trying to influence the officials, we need a bit more of that.

I was over in the enclosure so didn’t hear/see any of Maurice’s antics. 

Some of the Bo’ness fans seemed decent, but there are a bunch of cantankerous old goats in the enclosure who moaned about everything.

Every challenge by a Cowden players was a foul, while conveniently failing to notice that Gemmell’s entire game now is based on holding on to the arm of the opposition, cleverly out of view of the referee.

They also had this weird obsession about Cowden players stealing even a tiny bit at a throw in as all players do, even their own, but that was ok. And the silly old codger who threw the ball a mile away from Armstrong (who reacted daftly) was so proud of himself, daft old twat.

Anyway, no idea where we go from here, and I very much doubt Maurice Ross has got much idea either.

Funnily enough, at the cup tie at Cowdenbeath I was stood on the terracing side listening to a constant foul-mouthed barrage at the officials from the nearby home fans - often based on an understanding of the rules from a couple of decades back.   I remember turning to ma faither at one point and saying, "And I thought we were a shower of moany b*****ds!" 😆

7 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Funnily enough, at the cup tie at Cowdenbeath I was stood on the terracing side listening to a constant foul-mouthed barrage at the officials from the nearby home fans - often based on an understanding of the rules from a couple of decades back.   I remember turning to ma faither at one point and saying, "And I thought we were a shower of moany b*****ds!" 😆

I often go to all sorts of games as a neutral and can confirm every set of fans is a shower of moany b*****ds.

4 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Monthecoo says "no parachute payments next season".........

I thought Cowdenbeath got £40K this season and £20K next season.

I always thought it was a little bit more than that but you are right. Whatever we get this season we get half for next year.

3 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Aye you’ve got a good point mate. 😀

4 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Time to go and ask HoB for a merger they  might actually jump at the chance to get out EoS league into LL , ground is perfect and room for development of needed no harm in thinking about it as both teams stuttering a bit 

Not that long ago Kelty were a way behind both these clubs. 
Things will turn again, so get off your high horse and stick to thinking about what will happen to Kelty Hearts when the sugar daddy gets fed up with being stuck in league 3 .

1 hour ago, Number seven said:

Not that long ago Kelty were a way behind both these clubs. 
Things will turn again, so get off your high horse and stick to thinking about what will happen to Kelty Hearts when the sugar daddy gets fed up with being stuck in league 3 .

No high horse neeb just an idea and for your information we’ve never been way behind HoB pretty much even stevens  most of our rivalry and most of our decent squads through the years would probably have gave Cowden a good game , Merry Xmas 

Can't resist cliping on the assistant manager whom I heard

shout at a player- you're useless, and he's fucking even worse. When Maurice is interviewed, he comes across as softly spoken intelligent, approachable and talks a really good game.On the  sidelines , he is wound up as tight as a drum, rants and raves, and makes his displeasure very evident. Which one is the real Maurice? I suspect that after our last meeting at the Junction the fans feelings about  the way he spoke to the players was fed back and for a while it was a bit more restrained in the dug out but last night was back to square one. Of course he must be as disappointed as any of us with the way things are going but we have reached the point now whether we have to seriously consider if a parting of the ways might not be better for both parties. Incidentally thought the new guy  looks like he can play a bit but looks well shortf of match fitness.

43 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Sadly mate, I think it will prolong for as long as Maurice can get away with. Sad as it is driving away parts of our already diminished fanbase.

All depends if he has a contact up till end of this season or if it’s anything like i’ve been told it may be a 2 year deal, I know some of our deadwood who don’t make the bench are 2 year deal, club will have to pay his contract off unless he decides to resign which I highly doubt it as it looks like he’s looking at building for next season already. For me its the attitude problem I can’t believe the way he speaks to his players. Donald finaly was literally 5 steps behind him last night.

43 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Can't resist cliping on the assistant manager whom I heard

shout at a player- you're useless, and he's fucking even worse. When Maurice is interviewed, he comes across as softly spoken intelligent, approachable and talks a really good game.On the  sidelines , he is wound up as tight as a drum, rants and raves, and makes his displeasure very evident. Which one is the real Maurice? I suspect that after our last meeting at the Junction the fans feelings about  the way he spoke to the players was fed back and for a while it was a bit more restrained in the dug out but last night was back to square one. Of course he must be as disappointed as any of us with the way things are going but we have reached the point now whether we have to seriously consider if a parting of the ways might not be better for both parties. Incidentally thought the new guy  looks like he can play a bit but looks well shortf of match fitness.

I do believe and 99% confident that the shout from assistant manager was aimed at the ref and his assistant on the far side 

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

I do believe and 99% confident that the shout from assistant manager was aimed at the ref and his assistant on the far side 

It was definitely towards officials as he also used the refs name. Colin Jack spends most of the game shouting at officials. Doesnt help in my opinion. At one point Maurice got him to sit down instead of starting on the ref again.