There was a coo

39 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

A bit late to ask I know, but is there any seating at   Newtown park.

I don’t think there is any more looking at pictures. Think it’s two covered enclosures since they took down the stand.

I could be wrong though, find out in just over an hour. 🙂

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I imagine the council own Venters Park and lease it to the BBBC, they do that with quite a few EOS sides in the county.

Plenty of land there , major problem would be it’s near houses.

Its a shame that North End Park got built on that would have been a good place to return to, back where it started.

This may seem a stupid question to a local, but as I’m not I’ll ask, is the park named after the former Cowden player and resident?

If so, would be a fitting place to end up. 

48 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

This may seem a stupid question to a local, but as I’m not I’ll ask, is the park named after the former Cowden player and resident?

If so, would be a fitting place to end up. 

Again pal, that was another thought that occurred to me, and I can only presume so with Cowden lad Alex Venters (who was born and died in Cowdenbeath) playing over a hundred games for the club in the 1930s. He also played a few times for Scotland and did alright for Rangers so, although it pains me say, maybe they'd be happy to help Cowden relocate to a park named after one of their former players along the way, if needs be. And as you say, it would be a nice nod and link to the past if that is the case

Edited by Drifter

3 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Again pal, that was another thought that occurred to me, and I can only presume so with Cowden lad Alex Venters (who was born and died in Cowdenbeath) playing over a hundred games for the club in the 1930s. He also did alright for Rangers so, although it pains me say, maybe they'd be happy to help Cowden relocate to a park named after one of their former players along the way, if needs be.

Our most capped player one of his Scotland tops is in the bar at Wee Jimmies.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Looks like I was right the first time this is a shambles currently.

What's the excuses this week for the continued poor performance.

Huge huge question marks around the performance of the team/management .

Continued disillusionment as a fan for me I'm afraid.

Edited by Cowden316

Wow dreadful tonight couldnt believe it such a difference between the teams, boness pop the ball well and have players willing to run at the defence the no.9 caused us bother when he gets going, 2 freekicks which I called both teams as I can remember he scored an excellent one against us in the scottish cup. Never seen Lemon have a good game yet and his mistake for the 3rd sums us up comical really was. As for Ross taking gilmartin off for giving him a look as thats what he said out loud for all the hear is embarrassing. Heartless spineless performance no fight, deserved to get turned over!

The Bo'ness number 10 was a class above and made such a difference. Would love him in our team. 

We did look more comfortable at the start of the second half but fell away. So many going through the motions.

Ross was embarrassing tonight. Some of the things he said/done were awful tbh. Strange GIRUY shout also when we scored towards the support?

Hard watch! Things can only get better.

Just now, silkybeath said:

The Bo'ness number 10 was a class above and made such a difference. Would love him in our team. 

We did look more comfortable at the start of the second half but fell away. So many going through the motions.

Ross was embarrassing tonight. Some of the things he said/done were awful tbh. Strange GIRUY shout also when we scored towards the support?

Hard watch! Things can only get better.

Thought we did ok just after half time and started to create a few opportunities. Bo’ness looked well above us for most of the game. 

completely forgot about his GIRUY to the home fans. Hearing him in the dugout, you can’t imagine many players would want to play for him.

"I am operating at a lower level, for my ability" Maurice Ross, 2022, we need a hungry manager who cares more about the club, anytime we have a game, I expect us to lose, hes signed about 20 odd players and still hasnt got a clue how to use the players, the board is getting hell but Maurice continues to fail to get results and the best out of players, hate seeing this losing every week, in a league where most teams are taking points off each other, its unacceptable  

7 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

When did he say that 🤣🤣🤣🤣? The man is more deluded than I thought if he genuinely believes that.

It was a rangers podcast i watched last week, with him on it, he says it after the hour mark, seems he treats Cowdenbeath like just one of those things at moment lol shame as supporters wanted him to do well but thinks too much of himself. 

There was very little to be encouraged about tonight, chasing shadows most of the evening.  Making it easy for the opposition by giving away stupid fouls in dangerous positions.

You could say we were beaten by two great free kicks and a defensive blunder, but no excuses.

I was raging at how many times Cunningham and especially Slaven were getting caught offside, often by wide margins as well, how do they not learn? Slaven was caught offside at least 5 times in the first half and I didn’t argue with any of them.

The Bo’ness team have a lot of experience and two or three of the old heids practically refereed the match for the ref. The number 4 was chirping at the linesman constantly, they were all trying to influence the officials, we need a bit more of that.

I was over in the enclosure so didn’t hear/see any of Maurice’s antics. 

Some of the Bo’ness fans seemed decent, but there are a bunch of cantankerous old goats in the enclosure who moaned about everything.

Every challenge by a Cowden players was a foul, while conveniently failing to notice that Gemmell’s entire game now is based on holding on to the arm of the opposition, cleverly out of view of the referee.

They also had this weird obsession about Cowden players stealing even a tiny bit at a throw in as all players do, even their own, but that was ok. And the silly old codger who threw the ball a mile away from Armstrong (who reacted daftly) was so proud of himself, daft old twat.

Anyway, no idea where we go from here, and I very much doubt Maurice Ross has got much idea either.

It deeply hurts me to say this but I won't be back until I see and hear some credible plan to improve things at the football club both on and off the park.

I'm far too disillusioned just now with the direction of the club as I see nothing inspiring just now only uninspiring and each season is getting worse and worse. We are at the bottom end of Lowland League football despite a lot of hard work from volunteers etc and investment in the squad and for what only to be not far of looking at East of Scotland football If it weren't for other clubs propping us up. 

This season and the end of last season has been all talk but no action/results and we have been here before and heard it all before.

It simply isn't good enough it's not good enough for the loyal fans, volunteers and everyone who works hard to run the club.

Edited by Cowden316

6 hours ago, Drifter said:

I've just been looking at maps of the area and thinking about the Cowdenbeath ground conundrum again following previous conversations about moving away from Central Park.

I know the fields at Hearts of Beath have been mentioned and dismissed, but what about Venters Park? Who owns that? Who uses the facility? I know the Blue Brazil youngsters use the field so there's already a link there with Cowdenbeath.

Could it be possible to work further with the juniors, the local council, whoever owns the park, and look at way of improving the area so it could also serve Cowdenbeath FC as a future home, becoming a real hub of the local community, installing an artificial pitch so it can be utilised all year round etc?

Personally, I think it would also be quite poetic for the club that, if and when they are forced out of Central Park, the team can still remain as close to the heart of the town as possible. So, with Cowden spending many years playing at the top of the High Street in their early days before moving to Central Park, it would be an almost natural progression moving towards the bottom of the High Street and just a couple of (wind-assisted) goal kicks away from the old homes.

What do you think? Is it a feasible option?

There is currently an 11aside and 9aside pitch at Venters so land not an issue. Definitely think parking would be a stumbling block as the streets are a nightmare for parking when one of the Blue Brazil teams have a home game. Definitely need a smaller ground, just a pity that availability seems a problem. The Bo'ness setup but with a small stand would be ideal.