There was a coo

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

December is not over, don't forget you Coos have a trip to Bo'ness United on Tuesday evening. 

The big thaw on Monday will ensure we will see some Fitbaw. 

Aye imagine that will be ok, noticed that Athletic have a friendly with Lithgae on Monday.

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just saw the tweet about the game being off, enough of this and it’s only December. 🙄

I've known games to be off in August...

Mind you refs are a bit softer these days and more willing to put off games.

3 hours ago, monthecoo said:

Took in Rosyth v Dunipace as our game was off. Chris looked way off it when he came on. The Rosyth fans were getting annoyed with him giving the ball away all the time. I cannot see much future for Chris at Central Park, the boy looks way off it from being able to play in a competitive team. Some players in the Rosyth team. If the club don't have a scout monitoring, they bloody well should be, some decent players.

Your keen going to the Fleet Fields on a day like this.

The Pace are a decent side.

5 hours ago, monthecoo said:

Took in Rosyth v Dunipace as our game was off. Chris looked way off it when he came on. The Rosyth fans were getting annoyed with him giving the ball away all the time. I cannot see much future for Chris at Central Park, the boy looks way off it from being able to play in a competitive team. Some players in the Rosyth team. If the club don't have a scout monitoring, they bloody well should be, some decent players.

My Rosyth supporting ex-workmate will hope you sign their striker "Ginger" as he thinks he's useless! Mind you he was a Pars fan so kens nothing about football :lol:

On 11/12/2022 at 01:38, monthecoo said:

To maximise the potential gate, it may be ideal to reschedule the Celtic B match for a Saturday. I see both us and Celtic B have no fixtures scheduled for the 4th and 25th of March. On the 4th, the first team is away to St. Mirren. The first team do not have fixture on 25th, but that maybe because of a potential cup tie date.

Id not suggest 25th March. There are no Premiership games as its the first international window of 2023 and Scotland play Cyprus at 2pm at Hampden.

I've just been looking at maps of the area and thinking about the Cowdenbeath ground conundrum again following previous conversations about moving away from Central Park.

I know the fields at Hearts of Beath have been mentioned and dismissed, but what about Venters Park? Who owns that? Who uses the facility? I know the Blue Brazil youngsters use the field so there's already a link there with Cowdenbeath.

Could it be possible to work further with the juniors, the local council, whoever owns the park, and look at way of improving the area so it could also serve Cowdenbeath FC as a future home, becoming a real hub of the local community, installing an artificial pitch so it can be utilised all year round etc?

Personally, I think it would also be quite poetic for the club that, if and when they are forced out of Central Park, the team can still remain as close to the heart of the town as possible. So, with Cowden spending many years playing at the top of the High Street in their early days before moving to Central Park, it would be an almost natural progression moving towards the bottom of the High Street and just a couple of (wind-assisted) goal kicks away from the old homes.

What do you think? Is it a feasible option?

2 minutes ago, Drifter said:

I've just been looking at maps of the area and thinking about the Cowdenbeath ground conundrum again following previous conversations about moving away from Central Park.

I know the fields at Hearts of Beath have been mentioned and dismissed, but what about Venters Park? Who owns that? Who uses the facility? I know the Blue Brazil youngsters use the field so there's already a link there with Cowdenbeath.

Could it be possible to work further with the juniors, the local council, whoever owns the park, and look at way of improving the area so it could also serve Cowdenbeath FC as a future home, becoming a real hub of the local community, installing an artificial pitch so it can be utilised all year round etc?

Personally, I think it would also be quite poetic for the club that, if and when they are forced out of Central Park, the team can still remain as close to the heart of the town as possible. So, with Cowden spending many years playing at the top of the High Street in their early days before moving to Central Park, it would be an almost natural progression moving towards the bottom of the High Street and just a couple of (wind-assisted) goal kicks away from the old homes.

What do you think? Is it a feasible option?

I imagine the council own Venters Park and lease it to the BBBC, they do that with quite a few EOS sides in the county.

Plenty of land there , major problem would be it’s near houses.

Its a shame that North End Park got built on that would have been a good place to return to, back where it started.

26 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I imagine the council own Venters Park and lease it to the BBBC, they do that with quite a few EOS sides in the county.

Plenty of land there , major problem would be it’s near houses.

Its a shame that North End Park got built on that would have been a good place to return to, back where it started.

I thought that on my first ever visit when having a wander around the place (pictured in my avatar).

However. Only one end of Venters Park is flanked by housing, which appears less than Hearts of Beath on the map shown, though parking would be limited.

Surely it is something that could at least be looked into. If not feasible then another central site to sadly tick off the list.

Cowden.jpeg