There was a coo

1 hour ago, big al said:

The 4-3 greatest comeback ever at Stirling has to be on that list. Incredible feelings that day 

I am ashamed to say I missed that one. I was at the 2-2 game where we equalised in injury time to stay top though. Not quite the same though.

I do remember the 0-0 at Stilring when we played most of the game with ten men. It might have been the last game for Stirling at Anfield. Definitely one of the last games anyway. Maybe 1990ish?

1 hour ago, sandydee said:

The overhead kick was at Stenny but the score was actually 6-2 for Cowden.

Really? Did their ground used to have proper terracing along the side? I remember being on terracing at the time. Willie Syme (aka Willie T) put the cross in and Sumo rose like a blue whale and scored my favourite live goal of all time. I was still a kid but I remember shouting 'what a fucking goal!!!' When it went in.

57 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Really? Did their ground used to have proper terracing along the side? I remember being on terracing at the time. Willie Syme (aka Willie T) put the cross in and Sumo rose like a blue whale and scored my favourite live goal of all time. I was still a kid but I remember shouting 'what a fucking goal!!!' When it went in.

❤️

was also there, didn’t miss many games in the Buckley/Lamont days 

5 hours ago, HenryHill said:

Aye, we have had some good times. Some of mine are listed below. Won't be in right order date wise.

East Fife 0 Cowden 5 - derby win

Stenhousemuir 2 Cowden 4 - Sumo overhead kick

Aĺloa 0 Cowden 0 - promotion

Partick Thistle 0 Cowden 1 - win in the cup

Dunfermline 0 Cowden 2 - derby win

Cowden 2 Brechin 1 - promotion. Toorie header. 

Cowden 2 Elgin 1 - title. Helicopter. 'Singing champoinees as a Cowden fan'

Brechin 0 Cowden 3 - promotion. 

Cowden 2 Forfar 0 - title

Hamilton 1 Cowden 3 - stayed up

Cowden 4 Dunfermline 2 - derby win

Dunfermline 0 Cowden 3 - stayed up

Load more, but these are most of the top ones that I can think of.

Honorary mentions:

Peterhead (Highland League) 1 Cowden 1 - Scottish Cup. Best own goal ever.

Cowden 5 Edinburgh Uni 1 - scottish cup. All those toffs in Cowdenbeath.

Aye 1? Cowden 4 - humped them

Also, any time Markus had the ball.

Edit: I am starting to doubt the overhead kick was at Stenny. Was it maybe Arbroath?

Agree with above.

I would also add beating Raith at Starks Park games. Pat Clarke and Gomis inspired game and Nish hat trick. 

8 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Buckley and Lamont 🤩

Neil Irvine was my favourite. Wore his heart on his sleeve.

The Brownlie team my favourite Cowden squad. 

Good times mate. I ended up playing with 2 or 3 of that squad in later years. John Wright was a class player to play with 

51 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Buckley and Lamont 🤩

Neil Irvine was my favourite. Wore his heart on his sleeve.

The Brownlie team my favourite Cowden squad. 

A Meadowbank legend, Neil Irvine is a really nice guy too. He played until he was 45, last club being Edinburgh Uni.

To answer another question above Stenny had a covered terrace where their stand is now. 

3 hours ago, HenryHill said:

I liked Stenny's ground before it was redeveloped. It had a small old stand (on the opposite side from the current stand) which was like a subbuteo stand. The rest of the ground was flat behind the goals at the entrance and down the covered area opposite the stand (where the current stand is) and I am sure the area behind the other goals was a rough sloping overgrown grassy area, a bit like Albion Rovers ground, but in better condition.

I think that was the game where we shouted to Sumo to get his t@ts out for the boys and he duly ran over after scoring and lifted his top and shook his moobs.

Edited by PELE

4 hours ago, big al said:

The 4-3 greatest comeback ever at Stirling has to be on that list. Incredible feelings that day 

I would also add the 7-5 win at Brechin in 2003 (Riordan hat-trick) the 6-1 win at Berwick in 1987 and 6-1 win at Stranraer in 2007 (5 goals for Pat Clarke).

3 hours ago, HenryHill said:

I am ashamed to say I missed that one. I was at the 2-2 game where we equalised in injury time to stay top though. Not quite the same though.

I do remember the 0-0 at Stilring when we played most of the game with ten men. It might have been the last game for Stirling at Anfield. Definitely one of the last games anyway. Maybe 1990ish?

I was at most of the games mentioned earlier and also the 0-0 at the old Annfield Stadium. Stirling won the league that season (90/91) and we finished a point behind promoted Montrose. It was a decent support that day and I remember fans singing the bouncy bouncy song. That's when Stirling had the first plastic pitch in the Scottish League. We almost snatched the victory, think it was Colin Scott who ran right through the Stirling defence, but couldn't finish the chance. Stirling used the ground for another few seasons.

9 hours ago, silkybeath said:

Agree with above.

I would also add beating Raith at Starks Park games. Pat Clarke and Gomis inspired game and Nish hat trick. 

I mind the Nish hat trick one. Not sure I made many other at Starks Park around that time. I remember losing maybe 4-1 there back in the day when they received the league trophy.

Wonder what the chances of tomorrow going ahead are, not sure the snow situation in Falkirk?

At least with the astro there is maybe some sort of chance. East Stirling not giving anything away, though they don’t tend to post an awful lot of updates generally. 

And a wee Christmas signing for us, announced at 7pm tonight.

Edited by Cowdenleith

10 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Wonder what the chances of tomorrow going ahead are, not sure the snow situation in Falkirk?

At least with the astro there is maybe some sort of chance. East Stirling not giving anything away, though they don’t tend to post an awful lot of updates generally. 

And a wee Christmas signing for us, announced at 7pm tonight.

The game went ahead at The Falkirk Stadium last Saturday so hopefully a decent chance.

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Very pleased with tonight’s signing, lots of recent experience in the SPFL, he sounds keen to get out there and on with the job.

Good signing lads never put a foot wrong playing for us just had Tidser and Barron ahead of him in pecking order at the time ,  got more game time when Barron returned to Aberdeen always played more than decent when called upon 👌🏼