There was a coo

19 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

The run of results that season were horrible but as mentioned, finished the season with a brilliant Callaghan inspired win at East End Park. Other positive memories that season were beating Partick in Scottish cup and taking Hibs to a replay. First game vs Clydebank was a cracker as was the close defeat 3-2 vs Kilmarnock. I'm sure there was an awful 0 - 0 at Meadowbank. Black Diamonds book tells the story well.

I only missed a couple of games that season  before being at all games as we fell through the leagues as division 3 was created. 

Got beat twice at Meadowbank

1 hour ago, silkybeath said:

The run of results that season were horrible but as mentioned, finished the season with a brilliant Callaghan inspired win at East End Park. Other positive memories that season were beating Partick in Scottish cup and taking Hibs to a replay. First game vs Clydebank was a cracker as was the close defeat 3-2 vs Kilmarnock. I'm sure there was an awful 0 - 0 at Meadowbank. Black Diamonds book tells the story well.

I only missed a couple of games that season  before being at all games as we fell through the leagues as division 3 was created. 

Yes, it’s probably Ron Feguson’s book that I am thinking of, there was a very detailed account of that season now you mention it.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Strange thing is we had some decent players. Alan Combe who started as 3rd choice keeper who had good career, our regular keeper Buzz Lamont also went to Falkirk as did Nicky Henderson (whose son became famous down your way in 2016).

I remember Nicky Henderson (I feel old as when I look at his wiki page he is only 3 months older than me 😁), but had no idea Liam and Ewan were his kids.

It was a crazy season. For the Clydebank game at the start of the season, was that 3-3? I feel daft saying this, but do I remember our left back scoring a hat trick that game? Maybe Sandy Robertson.

The draw against Hibs was good, but we were robbed when our boy (Billy Herd?) was taken out at waist height in their box near the end.

In the win against the townies at East End, I still love the memory of Willie Callaghan running the full length of the home terracing giving them stick after scoring the first. Good times.

1 hour ago, HenryHill said:

It was a crazy season. For the Clydebank game at the start of the season, was that 3-3? I feel daft saying this, but do I remember our left back scoring a hat trick that game? Maybe Sandy Robertson.

The draw against Hibs was good, but we were robbed when our boy (Billy Herd?) was taken out at waist height in their box near the end.

In the win against the townies at East End, I still love the memory of Willie Callaghan running the full length of the home terracing giving them stick after scoring the first. Good times.

I was at that game against the Pars. Probably about 70 of us in the away end, separated from the Dunfermline support by what looked like thick chicken wire. We went absolutely effing tonto. 

Ye Sandy Robertson scored a hat trick. He was a really good left back.

40 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

I was at that game against the Pars. Probably about 70 of us in the away end, separated from the Dunfermline support by what looked like thick chicken wire. We went absolutely effing tonto. 

Aye. I remember heading to the cage to say hello to our townie neighbours when the second Callaghan goal went in. I think the Herald described the small Cowden support as 'exploding' at that point.

2 hours ago, HenryHill said:

Aye. I remember heading to the cage to say hello to our townie neighbours when the second Callaghan goal went in. I think the Herald described the small Cowden support as 'exploding' at that point.

One of those weird times that you remember like it was yesterday when you actually think about it. I was  living in Dunfermline at that time. Felt so elated to see us get it right up them against the odds. I actually thought about that day when we were pumping them in our play off win against them so many years later. Never thought I’d see days like that again when nothing else matters in that moment apart from your pride in your team and feeling part of a very small but fiercely loyal support. Days of your life. 

2 hours ago, vince sinclair said:

Hardly missed a game this season, seeing all our 3 wins, all away and against teams playing in black and white.  Ayr, Townies and St Mirren.  Think we also beat Stenny away in the B&Q cup. 

Aye you went to games more regular back then😛

We did beat Stenny in the cup.

13 hours ago, HenryHill said:

Was also there, at the fence 😁

That result blew their promotion chance as well. 
Big Bob (rip) was on top form that day 

On 12/12/2022 at 02:09, Only coo in the village said:

One of those weird times that you remember like it was yesterday when you actually think about it. I was  living in Dunfermline at that time. Felt so elated to see us get it right up them against the odds. I actually thought about that day when we were pumping them in our play off win against them so many years later. Never thought I’d see days like that again when nothing else matters in that moment apart from your pride in your team and feeling part of a very small but fiercely loyal support. Days of your life. 

Aye, we have had some good times. Some of mine are listed below. Won't be in right order date wise.

East Fife 0 Cowden 5 - derby win

Stenhousemuir 2 Cowden 4 - Sumo overhead kick

Aĺloa 0 Cowden 0 - promotion

Partick Thistle 0 Cowden 1 - win in the cup

Dunfermline 0 Cowden 2 - derby win

Cowden 2 Brechin 1 - promotion. Toorie header. 

Cowden 2 Elgin 1 - title. Helicopter. 'Singing champoinees as a Cowden fan'

Brechin 0 Cowden 3 - promotion. 

Cowden 2 Forfar 0 - title

Hamilton 1 Cowden 3 - stayed up

Cowden 4 Dunfermline 2 - derby win

Dunfermline 0 Cowden 3 - stayed up

Load more, but these are most of the top ones that I can think of.

Honorary mentions:

Peterhead (Highland League) 1 Cowden 1 - Scottish Cup. Best own goal ever.

Cowden 5 Edinburgh Uni 1 - scottish cup. All those toffs in Cowdenbeath.

Aye 1? Cowden 4 - humped them

Also, any time Markus had the ball.

Edit: I am starting to doubt the overhead kick was at Stenny. Was it maybe Arbroath?

Edited by HenryHill

58 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Aye, we have had some good times. Some of mine are listed below. Won't be in right order date wise.

Honorary mentions:

Edit: I am starting to doubt the overhead kick was at Stenny. Was it maybe Arbroath?

The overhead kick was at Stenny but the score was actually 6-2 for Cowden.

Honorary mentions:

The 4-3 greatest comeback ever at Stirling has to be on that list. Incredible feelings that day