There was a coo

17 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Looks very much like an alias. A shitebag if you will.

Some board members have made no secret of being willing to step down but who on earth would want to take their place? Make no mistake about it, the future of the club is hanging in the balance but that is not the fault of the people running it with their hands tied behind their backs with the ownership situation and lack of bodies through the gate (over MANY years).

Paddles, shit creek etc springs to mind. I really do applaud anyone with enthusiasm at the moment.

Not on Facebook, which by the sounds of things seems a good idea!

I know that there is a Jimmy Blair who has done lots of sponsorships over the years.

It could be him.

It's unlikely fixture will go ahead tomorrow due to weather which is a shame as there was hospitality booked and a decent turnout from celtic b fans likely to turn out with no 1st team game.. so again bit of a kick in teeth for the club. As well as having couple initiatives which people have worked hard on promoting and setting up.

In regards to bbtv. It's quite simple It's people and time. I myself am trying to fit in an interview with Jack ruddy which will for sure happen but ideally it was going to be tomorrow. It needs 2 or 3 people same place same time and it's not always possible. I think this season  our content has improved and we have tried new things and the plan is always to grow our social media side.

If someone wants to stand up and say yep I will be main man for that area of club alongside say Ross then please step forward but be prepared for plenty of your time and sometimes last minute planning.

Onto the pitch just to keep fans updated Scott Sinclair missed other evening as he has a knee issue. Need to get to bottom of the issue before giving a prognosis and timings.

A fans meeting will be held in January and that was always going to be the case. If people can't make it I understand that's frustrating however I'm unsure how we can go about reaching out to each and every fan perhaps a broad report can be published afterwards of that meeting.

The management board and players are understandably frustrated with our league position and recent results and believe me when I say there is people behind the scenes and on this board  helping and supporting getting things right on the pitch either financially or through their time.

The staff are working night and day It's not always just 2 training sessions and games it's a 7 day working week for us all to improve and try get things moving in right direction.

Cheers.

Mon the cowden.

Sorry I should add. I completely agree that group being put together with the purpose of fund raising is a good idea. However I would suggest that "group" come forward. I myself want to try plan a cowdenbeath fc golf day. Also a cowden legends vs dunfermline legends game but to b Frank I simply do not have the time. If a group was put together I would share contacts and try help facilitate the fundraisers best we can however it needs someone/group to run it and organise it and be figurehead of that for this year and beyond.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Maybe whoever the guy that films the game can record an interview after the game as they already have the camera in hand?

Shame would have been a good earner for the club tomorrow.

He just does home games. As Nelly said the club really need more folk so they would be able to cover away games as well.

20 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

He just does home games. As Nelly said the club really need more folk so they would be able to cover away games as well.

The club don't have content creaters as such so are  just doing what they can with limited resources. Whenever adverts have gone out, the replies have been few and far between but anyone interested should definitely contact the club and get on board.

1 hour ago, NELLY 1 said:

It's unlikely fixture will go ahead tomorrow due to weather which is a shame as there was hospitality booked and a decent turnout from celtic b fans likely to turn out with no 1st team game.. so again bit of a kick in teeth for the club. As well as having couple initiatives which people have worked hard on promoting and setting up.

In regards to bbtv. It's quite simple It's people and time. I myself am trying to fit in an interview with Jack ruddy which will for sure happen but ideally it was going to be tomorrow. It needs 2 or 3 people same place same time and it's not always possible. I think this season  our content has improved and we have tried new things and the plan is always to grow our social media side.

If someone wants to stand up and say yep I will be main man for that area of club alongside say Ross then please step forward but be prepared for plenty of your time and sometimes last minute planning.

Onto the pitch just to keep fans updated Scott Sinclair missed other evening as he has a knee issue. Need to get to bottom of the issue before giving a prognosis and timings.

A fans meeting will be held in January and that was always going to be the case. If people can't make it I understand that's frustrating however I'm unsure how we can go about reaching out to each and every fan perhaps a broad report can be published afterwards of that meeting.

The management board and players are understandably frustrated with our league position and recent results and believe me when I say there is people behind the scenes and on this board  helping and supporting getting things right on the pitch either financially or through their time.

The staff are working night and day It's not always just 2 training sessions and games it's a 7 day working week for us all to improve and try get things moving in right direction.

Cheers.

Mon the cowden.

Good stuff Nelly we know you and others are working tirelessly behind the scenes which none of us should take for granted which I'm sure people don't.

For a far reaching meeting maybe trial an online Teams or other online platform similar to what was tried during COVID and to which many people are familiar to using every day in some workplaces. Added bonus saves travel for those outwith Cowdenbeath and you never know might get a higher attendance but I get Face to Face is powerful and can be more engaging.

Typical luck for our club with the weather tomorrow and for folks attending hospitality 

3 hours ago, monthecoo said:

🥶🙁🤧❄️ let's get the orange football out.

Back in the 90s a Cowden v Meadowbank game unexpectedly went ahead thanks to a mad ref deciding the pitch was playable 

Legend has it the ref asked for an orange ball, Cowden didn't have one, and they had to get the manager of Intersport in the High Street to open up so they could buy one...

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Back in the 90s a Cowden v Meadowbank game unexpectedly went ahead thanks to a mad ref deciding the pitch was playable 

Legend has it the ref asked for an orange ball, Cowden didn't have one, and they had to get the manager of Intersport in the High Street to open up so they could buy one...

No idea about the ball story but I was one of the hardy folk there that night.

1 hour ago, HenryHill said:

I think I was there too. Was it during our 30 plus home gane run without a win at the start of the 90s? 

It was either end of December early January, the First Division horror show.

It wouldn’t have got played these days.

Ended 2-2.

Edited by cowdenbeath

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I’m sure I remember this, but it might have been matchplay sports in the high street?.

10 minutes ago, big al said:

I’m sure I remember this, but it might have been matchplay sports in the high street?.

Probably. I'm not familiar with Cowdenbeath sports shops from 30 years ago 

I *think* I was at the game.  I'm sure I stood on a frosty terracing that night but I don't remember being cold. Maybe I was wrapped up well that night.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Probably. I'm not familiar with Cowdenbeath sports shops from 30 years ago 

I *think* I was at the game.  I'm sure I stood on a frosty terracing that night but I don't remember being cold. Maybe I was wrapped up well that night.

I was at that one... pretty sure all supporters were in the stand that night. Cowdenbeath hadn't won a game at Central Park all season but went 2-0 up... panic amongst the small band of Thistle fans, but a couple of goals sorted it out!

An icey, snowy, foggy freezing Wednesday (or Tuesday) night in January some time in the early 90s...

6 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

I was at that one... pretty sure all supporters were in the stand that night. Cowdenbeath hadn't won a game at Central Park all season but went 2-0 up... panic amongst the small band of Thistle fans, but a couple of goals sorted it out!

An icey, snowy, foggy freezing Wednesday (or Tuesday) night in January some time in the early 90s...

London Hearts website has excellent seasonal statistics for a lot of older seasons for all teams, and it says the game was on Wednesday 20th January 1993 in front of 160 of you hardy souls.

https://londonhearts.com/scores/a1990/cowdenbeath1993.htm

50 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

London Hearts website has excellent seasonal statistics for a lot of older seasons for all teams, and it says the game was on Wednesday 20th January 1993 in front of 160 of you hardy souls.

https://londonhearts.com/scores/a1990/cowdenbeath1993.htm

I was at every one of those games. We played more friendly games had one against Montrose for a start.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was at every one of those games. We played more friendly games had one against Montrose for a start.

That looks like it must have been a helluva season to endure. I’ve read quite a bit about that season in various articles in the programmes, not for the fair hearted, but there was a famous win at East End park to enjoy.

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

That looks like it must have been a helluva season to endure. I’ve read quite a bit about that season in various articles in the programmes, not for the fair hearted, but there was a famous win at East End park to enjoy.

It was as bad as you would imagine. Probably the worse was a freezing cold night at Clydebank. Best the Scottish Cup games with Partick and Hibs as well as the win over Dunfermline.

Strange thing is we had some decent players. Alan Combe who started as 3rd choice keeper who had good career, our regular keeper Buzz Lamont also went to Falkirk as did Nicky Henderson (whose son became famous down your way in 2016).

59 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

The run of results that season were horrible but as mentioned, finished the season with a brilliant Callaghan inspired win at East End Park. Other positive memories that season were beating Partick in Scottish cup and taking Hibs to a replay. First game vs Clydebank was a cracker as was the close defeat 3-2 vs Kilmarnock. I'm sure there was an awful 0 - 0 at Meadowbank. Black Diamonds book tells the story well.

I only missed a couple of games that season  before being at all games as we fell through the leagues as division 3 was created.