There was a coo

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

Mon lads, get a performance tonight give Podcast FC a pumping and stick their disco lights where the sun don't shine. Just about to set off. Hopefully they are few of us to back the boys tonight. Come on the coo! 

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

Mon lads, get a performance tonight give Podcast FC a pumping and stick their disco lights where the sun don't shine. Just about to set off. Hopefully they are few of us to back the boys tonight. Come on the coo! 

You are the only post I look at on a regular basis. You are honest and good luck. The clown from East Fife is funny.

I’m actually pretty shocked to hear about some of the things that Mo Ross has been overheard saying to players. Yes, sometimes players need a bit of a verbal reprimand if their performance is poor or they don’t seem to be giving things their best efforts. Personal abuse is however a step too far and is workplace bullying. It’s hardly going to motivate players to be treated in such an unprofessional and abusive manner. I’d hope that he would be spoken to regarding this by those running the club. I certainly wouldn’t want any of my family to be treated like that by a manager. 
perhaps it’s unsurprising that we are languishing towards the bottom of the Lowland league with a man management style like that. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

2 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

I’m actually pretty shocked to hear about some of the things that Mo Ross has been overheard saying to players. Yes, sometimes players need a bit of a verbal reprimand if their performance is poor or they don’t seem to be giving things their best efforts. Personal abuse is however a step too far and is workplace bullying. It’s hardly going to motivate players to be treated in such an unprofessional and abusive manner. I’d hope that he would be spoken to regarding this by those running the club. I certainly wouldn’t want any of my family to be treated like that by a manager. 
perhaps it’s unsurprising that we are languishing towards the bottom of the Lowland league with a man management style like that. 

I don't mind him. He maybe gets a bit paranoid and puts on a show for the fans. However he does come across sometimes as though he is not the actual manager, like he is an expert consultant who has just come along as a favour to help out and that it is not actually his team. Although I am sure the team we have is almost entirely down to money, or lack of it. Not sure anyone else would do much better.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

I don't mind him. He maybe gets a bit paranoid and puts on a show for the fans. However he does come across sometimes as though he is not the actual manager, like he is an expert consultant who has just come along as a favour to help out and that it is not actually his team. Although I am sure the team we have is almost entirely down to money, or lack of it. Not sure anyone else would do much better.

If you look at the league table, not sure anyone could be doing much worse. 

55 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

If you look at the league table, not sure anyone could be doing much worse. 

I think we are where we deserve to be and where I expected us to be. We are the best of the dross. We are better than we were at the start of the season, if we have a fully fit, suspension free squad. However, I still think we are really poor upfront. We are slow, sloppy and far too reactive. We always seem to be second to every ball and some of the players are at their level (Bisland for one). I still don't get why we don't push forward more, take risks. We have nothing to lose.

Big game against East Stirlingshire in a few weeks. 

54 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Is there any end to these results? We really are awful no matter how it is dressed up.
How has it come to this.

Sadly it was always going to come to this. Same as it has for Berwick and East Stirlingshire. Same as it probably will for Albion Rovers. Unless we magic some money up from somewhere or the league set up changes, we are never coming back. No point pretending otherwise. 

Cowdenbeath fans what’s your thoughts on the manager’s position.

I sat very close to your dug out and he looks a man that has completely ran out of ideas and simply looks incapable of turning your sides fortunes around. His body language said it all for me and the less said about his sidekick the better. Apart from berating the linesman he offered little to the party from what I could see and picked up a needless and stupid caution.

On the game itself, missed a decent chance just before OG got their first. They looked no great shakes to be honest. There was hope I suppose at 1-0 that you might be able to conjure something out the game but the two quick fire strikes more or less put paid to that.

Hope you guys can start to pull things around soon.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Is there any end to these results? We really are awful no matter how it is dressed up.
How has it come to this.

Spot on.

It's really unacceptable really this season it has been absolutely dreadful.

I'm not interested how things are dressed up either we have been here before season after season the league table doesn't lie 16/19 is humiliating.

Very difficult to get enthusiasm to look forward to watching Cowdenbeath for the rest of the season given it's finished and we can't get a winning team on the park. 

What's the answer though we are where we are with very little resource and investment.

Just can't believe how bad this season has been.

I'm a glass half full person but at this rate my glass is almost empty.

Won't be there this Saturday and if I'm honest I can't really see myself returning anytime soon sadly with the current setup well and truly disillusioned and scunnered.

7 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Personal abuse is however a step too far and is workplace bullying. It’s hardly going to motivate players to be treated in such an unprofessional and abusive manner. I’d hope that he would be spoken to regarding this by those running the club. I certainly wouldn’t want any of my family to be treated like that by a manager.

Should certainly be giving him warnings so the club could use it to get rid of him in the future (hopefully very soon).

5 hours ago, PELE said:

Although I am sure the team we have is almost entirely down to money, or lack of it. Not sure anyone else would do much better.

Some of the players will be on decent money. Yes, the budget will have been cut from last season but we will be paying better wages than most of the league. Just a lot of poor recruitment and not getting value for money. Teams like Civil Service don't pay their players a weekly wage or certainly never used to and they got bonuses at certain intervals.

Also at Broadwood last night - a thoroughly dispiriting experience from a Cowden perspective.   I thought Broomhill were streets ahead of Cowden.   Yes, there were 3 good chances for Cowden to score but all were wasted.  The last one when Slaven was clean through, had a clear shooting chance, allowed the defender to catch him, then went down looking for a penalty, was very poor.    The goals conceded were too easy for Broomhill - the third especially so coming through desperately poor skill when trying to play the ball out from the back.   Cowden fail at some of the basics - throw-ins, passing and tracking opposition players.  

Maurice Ross sat down after the second goal and never got up again.    Before the game he spent more time talking to and back-slapping Broomhill players than he did with his own team.    This is the third Cowden team he has had.  The first, which to be fair wasn't entirely his, got relegated.  The second team that started the season was flung together but according to Ross was full of hungry young players eager to progress in the game.    Last night's starting line-up has just 3 players who were in the team on the opening day of this season.  They are better than the July squad but not much.     It just doesn't seem to be working with Ross at the helm.

Sadly it was always going to come to this. Same as it has for Berwick and East Stirlingshire. Same as it probably will for Albion Rovers. Unless we magic some money up from somewhere or the league set up changes, we are never coming back. No point pretending otherwise. 

How could we have signed so many duds? Or am I missing something? Is it really all about money?

12 hours ago, PELE said:

I think we are where we deserve to be and where I expected us to be. We are the best of the dross. We are better than we were at the start of the season, if we have a fully fit, suspension free squad. However, I still think we are really poor upfront. We are slow, sloppy and far too reactive. We always seem to be second to every ball and some of the players are at their level (Bisland for one). I still don't get why we don't push forward more, take risks. We have nothing to lose.

Big game against East Stirlingshire in a few weeks. 

If grubbing about the fag end of the Lowland League is as good as it’s going to get then you can forget it as far as I am concerned. 
Many of the die hards have already walked away out of frustration and sadness and what’s on the park is just getting worse.. I will be surprised if Cowdenbeath FC exist in any meaningful form in two or three years time. 
It’s not a big game against East Stirlingshire. It’s a completely meaningless fixture. The days of having big games are now a thing of history. 

41 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

I think it was a lot with unpreparedness for the drop and the rush to get a team signed for the Premier Sports Cup which started the season earlier for us than most of the Lowland League. I don't think there was much scouting going as we need a whole team, you can't sign a whole new team by scouting when all leagues were in the off season. So I am guessing there was a blind signings in there with nobody really watching the player. I guess that's why there was/is so many duds. We need to be careful when signing players in the future and scout them properly before signing. Wherever, the club are improving their scouting procedures, I don't know. I just hope we can offload the duds at the end of the season. I am guessing there were all given 1 year contracts.

Scouting process is now implemented for first time in years at the club. Chief scout and 7 scouts are at games all over Scotland every weekend with reports coming back in on teams/players. This was implemented around October this year. 

Most players on 1 year deals some are until Jan 2024 and 2 or 3 to July 2024. An announcement will be made about a further fans meeting soon where I can update any fans on questions like this at that meeting. Being as transparent as I can possibly be.

I personally wouldn't class players as duds however when signing 20 to 24 players it's impossible at any level regardless of money to get even 75% correct however opinions on specific players will also be divided which I appreciate and understand.