There was a coo

11 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Why the feck do I bother? I do not need to say anything, that's enough.

On another note: Does anyone know the nearest service station outside Gretna? I need a piss and won't be able to drive and hold it in to Cowdenbeath.

Annandale Water is not too far up the M74.

24 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Why the feck do I bother? I do not need to say anything, that's enough.

On another note: Does anyone know the nearest service station outside Gretna? I need a piss and won't be able to drive and hold it in to Cowdenbeath.

Have a slash in Mo Ross’s pocket. He’s been taking the piss for most of this season ;) 

7 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

We had three players suspended - Sinclair, Love and Thomson. 

There was a virus hit the club and we had to cancel training on Thursday.  Armstrong and Davidson were unable to play and 2 or 3 others weren’t 100%.  The one match suspension for cautions for three players all kick in 14 days after their 5th caution.  If we had had games every Saturday they would not all have been out for the same match

3 minutes ago, weanjohnson said:

Ended up ironically being more dire to watch in the second half than the first. Mo Ross chucked the toys out the pram by bringing Ruddy off, it was a shocking mistake but one you'll only make once in a game if not a blue moon.

Farrell done alright when he came on.

Danny saved us on a few occasions in the second half. Otherwise it would have been worse. He is a good keeper.

Carlos really had to score the chance he had in the first half. He hasn't really had many great opportunities in front of goal, but he was clean through with the keeper off his line and he could have placed into either corner or curled it in etc., but he basically passed it weakly straight to a relieved keeper.

Thought our luck might have been in when Gretna missed the penalty, but not to be.

What was the attendance? Looked about 70 or 80.

13 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Good to meet up with Drifter today.

Likewise pal. Shame I didn't get to celebrate a goal. I thought one might come towards the end but a combination of over-hit crosses and wayward finishing put paid to that. Blind Paul and Karl ended up getting back about midnight but we all had a top day. Hopefully I can return before the end of the season. If not, see you at Gretna again next season!

7 minutes ago, PELE said:

Danny saved us on a few occasions in the second half. Otherwise it would have been worse. He is a good keeper.

Carlos really had to score the chance he had in the first half. He hasn't really had many great opportunities in front of goal, but he was clean through with the keeper off his line and he could have placed into either corner or curled it in etc., but he basically passed it weakly straight to a relieved keeper.

Thought our luck might have been in when Gretna missed the penalty, but not to be.

I did a rough count for my blind mate and guessed between 80-100. No more than that though. Talking to one of the Gretna folk before the game, he said the last game (albeit a cup match) saw a crowd of just 69 and they've often struggled to exceed a ton this year

2 hours ago, PELE said:

I counted 110 

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

I don't get Mo's reaction with Ruddy yesterday, he has been one of our best player's this season. Mo's behaviour to players is questionable at best. If I was a player, I would not play my best if I am getting spoken like that. He called Alfie a "useless lanky c**t" in the home game against Gretna, which I still can't get over. He called Carlos "you're just a waste of space" against Stirling Uni. Seems odd to me as they are 3 of best players this season. These are not isolated incidents, he's loses off with language and behaviour that isn't really acceptable. We are all annoyed above our 16th league position, but you still have treat the players like humans and with respect and dignity. 

That’s not the best of ideas suggesting that players don’t play their best!

I don't get Mo's reaction with Ruddy yesterday, he has been one of our best player's this season. Mo's behaviour to players is questionable at best. If I was a player, I would not play my best if I am getting spoken like that. He called Alfie a "useless lanky c**t" in the home game against Gretna, which I still can't get over. He called Carlos "you're just a waste of space" against Stirling Uni. Seems odd to me as they are 3 of best players this season. These are not isolated incidents, he's loses off with language and behaviour that isn't really acceptable. We are all annoyed above our 16th league position, but you still have treat the players like humans and with respect and dignity. 

Just after Gretna's goal, I was stood in the corner near where the players come off the pitch and Ross stormed past down the sideline, fuming.

I said 'Come on, Maurice'. He didn't look. 'Chin up!'

'What the f**k can you do about that' came the abrupt reply

'Well, it's up to you to do sumat about it' I replied, as he carried off in a huff.

By that I meant possibly step things up a bit in the second half, not haul a previously reliable keeper due to one blunder.

Even me blind mate looked at us with an expression that said 'That was a bit odd'!

I get that he's frustrated, but the knee-jerk reactions and antics certainly can't be good for team spirit

Edited by Drifter

Well if my employer called me a "useless lanky c**t", I would tend not to invest as much of myself for the job, or just leave the workplace entirely! 

Well if things were that bad at your work you would either chuck the job and leave or look for another one.

I was more making the point it’s a bleak enough season as it is without players downing tools.

Edited by cowdenbeath