There was a coo

1 hour ago, Cowden95 said:

Headed down to the Crossgates friendly for my first game in a few months. Get it’s a friendly and we’ve made changes but we look poor! 

Boy in the middle (think it’s Osborne) looks way off it! Crossgates seem the more dangerous and unlucky to be behind at half time. 

Osborne went on loan to hillfield swifts and couldn’t make there bench he is miles off it and always has been, good for some boys to get minutes, would like to see left back trialist again not the centre mid unfortunately, dunno how we come away with the draw crossgates battered us 2nd half

1 hour ago, Cowden95 said:

Headed down to the Crossgates friendly for my first game in a few months. Get it’s a friendly and we’ve made changes but we look poor! 

Boy in the middle (think it’s Osborne) looks way off it! Crossgates seem the more dangerous and unlucky to be behind at half time. 

Typical bounce game !

Osborne has been on loan at Swifts and is, in my opinion, no where near good enough. Think it will be his last game for us.

Crossgates were the better team but we did have boys playing who have had limited minutes this season. 

Some of the players are options but shows we don't have much depth.

They are only friendly matches but that is 2 draws now against Swifts and Crossgates this season. Who would have thought it a few years back!

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

That was bloody dreadful last night, friendly or not. Crossgates should have won at the end. Be under no illusion, there is very little difference, if nothing, between us and Crossgates now. The only shining light, like most of the season, was Gilmartin, shame he is a loan and will be gone by the end of the season.

As the Lowland League gets stronger with the promotion of Darvel, Linlithgow, Pollock and Auchinleck over the next few years, I genuinely worry about us dropping down to EOS within 5 years or less.

If we drop down further, I worry about the existence of the club. This is the result of neglect in management of the club at the top level over many years along with teams who have significantly better infrastructures, finances and larger fanbases. 

This is the worst Cowden team I have ever watched within two decades of supporting the club. Osbourne showed last night again, he is not good enough to play at this level. 

The loan of Chris to Rosyth is puzzling to me. I do think the guy has never been a fair chance in the team. There are at least 5 players I would loan to that club before Chris. Rosyth have got a decent player for the level.

The jury is out for me on Maurice now and I will happily air this openly to anyone, he's had enough time with two separate teams, including the team he sourced himself.

On a more positive note, the club shop is looking tremendous with a great product range. It is the best it has ever been.

Don’t get this love in with Chris, he was a poor signing who came from a poor side in the weakest league in the pyramid.

He can run but I suppose a load of other headless turkeys will be doing much the same this month.

Wonder if the club are trying to do any promotion for the Celtic B game, bearing in mind their big team are still idle?

Hope the club ask Celtic to advertise it on their various social media sites, chance it’s could attract a decent amount and provide some income.

While the thought of hordes of either of the uglies marauding round Central Park isn’t an appealing prospect, like to think that any making the effort to watch their youngsters might be relatively normal.

10 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Don’t get this love in with Chris, he was a poor signing who came from a poor side in the weakest league in the pyramid.

He can run but I suppose a load of other headless turkeys will be doing much the same this month.

I’ve said in the past that Chris has barely had enough game time for fans to form a fair opinion, and I stand by that. Two starts is it and a handful of sub appearances? 

We don’t see him in training, so the coaching staff must see something in him to bring him back this season, and now they have only loaned him out and not outright released him.

He scored a couple in his first few games for Bo’ness Athletic, same level as Scott Sinclair, think he got injured again after that?

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ve said in the past that Chris has barely had enough game time for fans to form a fair opinion, and I stand by that. Two starts is it and a handful of sub appearances? 

We don’t see him in training, so the coaching staff must see something in him to bring him back this season, and now they have only loaned him out and not outright released him.

He scored a couple in his first few games for Bo’ness Athletic, same level as Scott Sinclair, think he got injured again after that?

He seems to be well out of the picture firstly on loan at Livi United and now Rosyth.

Livi are the same level as Sinkys old side.

In the summer we needed to sign a lot of players quickly for the Premier Sports cup.

When you sign a job lot some are going to be good, some bad and some inbetween.

Telling that we signed a forward on loan from East Fife and had another two out on trial last night.

5 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

It was a bounce game - the Cowden team maybe had about 3 of the starting Xi in it at any time so why draw sweeping conclusions from it.  What exactly is the neglect in management - spell it out.  Come along to the next fan meeting and ask questions 

We can't really be taking much from the game as it wasn't really our first choice team. 

I was a bit confused with selection. I totally get the need to give players minutes but this now means our 'main players' will have missed match sharpness opportunity. Also, Maurice mentioned in interview that this was a perfect opportunity to keep players ticking over and fresh. 

Like I said though, not judging anything on game. Hopefully kick on vs Gretna next Saturday.

Edited by silkybeath

We can't really be taking much from the game as it wasn't really our first choice team. 
I was a bit confused with selection. I totally get the need to give players minutes but this now means our 'main players' will have missed match sharpness opportunity. Also, Maurice mentioned in interview that this was a perfect opportunity to keep players ticking over and fresh. 
Like I said though, not judging anything on game. Hopefully kick on vs Gretna next Saturday.

Game after game we are saying the same things. What level of teams to we have to play against to give the team some confidence? It’s getting beyond a joke now.

32 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Game after game we are saying the same things. What level of teams to we have to play against to give the team some confidence? It’s getting beyond a joke now.

That’s why you usually have bounce games behind closed doors as otherwise you get this over-emphasis on the result when you run out players on the fringes, rest key players, throw in some trialists. Doubtless Crossgates with many ex-Cowden players are right up for it but that’s an entirely different perspective.  

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

How do you know the players are not gaining confidence? 

For quite a lot of the team, particularly the ones that joined in the close season, this is their first chance at regular first team football at senior level, many of these guys have played very few games in reality.

True, we could do with winning some more of these tight games, but nobody is hammering us, so the players may be taking confidence from this. 

Jordan Armstrong certainly didn’t seem gloomy and down in that recent interview. 

Fair point, but unfortunately winning brings confidence and that ability to see out a game. A team on a good run also gets that break of the ball. This is the case at all levels of football from children to professional.

The young lads will improve further if and when results come.

Edited by silkybeath

Fair point, but unfortunately winning brings confidence and that ability to see out a game. A team on a good run also gets that break of the ball. This is the case at all levels of football from children to professional.
The young lads will improve further if and when results come.

Surely winning a few games is better than being lucky to get a draw, as some posters have stated.

4 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

That’s why you usually have bounce games behind closed doors as otherwise you get this over-emphasis on the result when you run out players on the fringes, rest key players, throw in some trialists. Doubtless Crossgates with many ex-Cowden players are right up for it but that’s an entirely different perspective.  

Genuine question

Who were the many ex cowden players?

22 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Wonder if the club are trying to do any promotion for the Celtic B game, bearing in mind their big team are still idle?

Hope the club ask Celtic to advertise it on their various social media sites, chance it’s could attract a decent amount and provide some income.

While the thought of hordes of either of the uglies marauding round Central Park isn’t an appealing prospect, like to think that any making the effort to watch their youngsters might be relatively normal.

I believe they will be welcoming both sets of fans back to the lounge after full time as two world cup games will be on, the junction bar supporters club along with cowden in the community and the club itself will be outside the gates collecting for Cowdenbeath foodbank so any loose tins at the back of the cupboard feel free to bring them.