There was a coo

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

Likewise, was going to watch the Swifts, but even though it was on, I could not get myself motivated to get out in that miserable weather.

Turned out a nice day in Edinburgh in the end.

You missed a lot of goals I see, including a double hat trick for the Bo’ness striker, some effort 👏.  Saw 5 goals myself, but all for St Cadoc’s who were a class above.

I was trying to think how the like of St Cadoc’s, who are currently second in the West of Scotland First division, would fare against the likes of Cowden, and some of the lower teams in the Lowland League.  Think they might give them a decent game to be fair, the West of Scotland league seems pretty strong.

7 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Turned out a nice day in Edinburgh in the end.

You missed a lot of goals I see, including a double hat trick for the Bo’ness striker, some effort 👏.  Saw 5 goals myself, but all for St Cadoc’s who were a class above.

I was trying to think how the like of St Cadoc’s, who are currently second in the West of Scotland First division, would fare against the likes of Cowden, and some of the lower teams in the Lowland League.  Think they might give them a decent game to be fair, the West of Scotland league seems pretty strong.

St Cadoc's from Newton Mearns are one of original Wosfl newbies. Claims they are backed by an ex Celtic director (how many ex Celtic directors are there?). Long and short someone is flashing the cash at them.

Right time right place for promotion. Get yourself into the top wosfl just as the top Wosfl kiddies head up and away to a league far far away over the next decade.

Could St Cadoc's hold their own in the LL?

Probably no problem as long as someone is willing to spend the Bitcoin profits but first they must get to the LL.

Lot of grizzly winter days in ex Ayrshire mining villages to be overcome long before that.

Notice St Cadoc's are also looking good for a possible challenge for a big Scottish Cup place next season via the non Junior Cup route.

So promotion this season, highly likely. Chance of a big Scottish Cup gig, possible. New ground in East Ren tba, depending on the level of serious NIMBYISM in the area.

46 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Michael cunningham comes in on loan from east fife for the rest of the season, striker and fife lad. Deal makes sense as i’m sure carlos only has a deal up till January. Hope to see him in tomorrows game get some minutes under his belt.

Thursdays game?

On 15/11/2022 at 22:14, newcastle broon said:

There's a ballot result being announced shortly. Plenty notice has to be given for strike dates too. Ive a feeling your trip to Gretna might just be ok. 

13th 14th 16th 17th December as well as 3rd 4th 6th and 7th January announced today.  

59 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Michael cunningham comes in on loan from east fife for the rest of the season, striker and fife lad. Deal makes sense as i’m sure carlos only has a deal up till January. Hope to see him in tomorrows game get some minutes under his belt.

I’ve quite enjoyed watching Carlos, he’s a very clever player, but the brutal fact is that he has yet to score.

And when so many games have got away from us by an odd goal, someone who can conjure up a goal, even if they don’t do a whole lot else, would be invaluable to us.

As things are a bit slow, question for any programme experts.  Well, not so much of a question but an observation.

There’s a Killie v Cowdenbeath programme on EBay with a day to go that’s £98 😬

Must say I was surprised, I guess Killie programmes of that vintage just be really sought after…

I think Cowden homes from that era are pretty rare as well, especially pre 1950.

065A4986-CB0A-4353-B6BA-75EECE7B9EB6.png

Edited by Cowdenleith

On 22/11/2022 at 18:29, Cowdenleith said:

As things are a bit slow, question for any programme experts.  Well, not so much of a question but an observation.

There’s a Killie v Cowdenbeath programme on EBay with a day to go that’s £98 😬

Must say I was surprised, I guess Killie programmes of that vintage just be really sought after…

I think Cowden homes from that era are pretty rare as well, especially pre 1950.

065A4986-CB0A-4353-B6BA-75EECE7B9EB6.png

Killie programmes from that time are expensive.

Just need to look at your screenshot 14 bids on it!

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Notice that was played at (New) Lesser Hampden (Park). I thought I'd seen that they'd played there regularly in the past, but was this actually a regular occurrence or was there a reason the big stadium couldn't be used for that game? 

I can remember them playing there sometimes in the 80’s.

There’s a good article here with some nice pictures, says that first team games were played occasionally from the mid 70’s onwards, to protect the main stadium pitch, and they also played most of 98/99 season there.

https://www.qpfc.com/Lesser/preplastic.htm

8 hours ago, weanjohnson said:

On the topic of programmes, someone in my group chat got this belter in a joblot.

Anyone know the final score?

PXL_20221122_213311214.jpg

We won 4-0.

The match was actually played on the following Tuesday night (27th). 

Hampden was hosting the League Cup final on the 25th (an old extinct team by the name of Rangers beat Celtic 3-2). Fat Sally scored a hat-trick.

Headed down to the Crossgates friendly for my first game in a few months. Get it’s a friendly and we’ve made changes but we look poor! 

Boy in the middle (think it’s Osborne) looks way off it! Crossgates seem the more dangerous and unlucky to be behind at half time.