There was a coo

40 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

Cant keep a lead it seems :( why does he always do a sub or double sub at the start of second half almost every game? especially with a lead, 

Subs were due to 2 injuries only both centre mid had to come off same time so not ideal

We were comfortably the better team first half and deserved to be in front. Strollers manager obviously got stuck into his players at half time. They upped their efforts in the second half and we couldn't respond. Our midfield is woeful. We have two or three players who can't play and two or three more who it seems can't be bothered to play and it's killing us. At strollers ground the words of the prophets are written on the retracing  wall. Everything has led to this---pish.

6 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

We were comfortably the better team first half and deserved to be in front. Strollers manager obviously got stuck into his players at half time. They upped their efforts in the second half and we couldn't respond. Our midfield is woeful. We have two or three players who can't play and two or three more who it seems can't be bothered to play and it's killing us. At strollers ground the words of the prophets are written on the retracing  wall. Everything has led to this---pish.

"the words of the prophets are written on the retracing  wall". 

We may be of a similar age!

2 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

I noticed that sign as well. Aye the last few seasons certainly has.

You have to take your chances when you have them is a true saying.

Gary Jardine is the best manager in the LL knows it inside out, getting a club with virtually no support challenging for the title is some achievement.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I noticed that sign as well. Aye the last few seasons certainly has.

You have to take your chances when you have them is a true saying.

Gary Jardine is the best manager in the LL knows it inside out, getting a club with virtually no support challenging for the title is some achievement.

Disappointing result today and yes Gary Jardine doing a good job.

Also massive well done to University Stirling just now 2nd in the Lowland league with us sitting 13th 18 points behind them. How far we have plummeted like a stone.

What a rubbish season this is very very poor and not the standard to take the club forward and attract new fans when sitting 13th in the Lowland league winning only 5 games out of 18.

The amount of fan's I speak to which are not enjoying it anymore is worrying and the amount of fans who have not returned is worrying too.

I hope for massive improvements results wise 

Sounds like today we were unfortunate but no excuses it's a results business and we just can't seem to muster a run of decent results.

Yes I'm very annoyed and still disillusioned with the club just now 

Disappointing result today and yes Gary Jardine doing a good job.
Also massive well done to University Stirling just now 2nd in the Lowland league with us sitting 13th 18 points behind them. How far we have plummeted like a stone.
What a rubbish season this is very very poor and not the standard to take the club forward and attract new fans when sitting 13th in the Lowland league winning only 5 games out of 18.
The amount of fan's I speak to which are not enjoying it anymore is worrying and the amount of fans who have not returned is worrying too.
I hope for massive improvements results wise 
Sounds like today we were unfortunate but no excuses it's a results business and we just can't seem to muster a run of decent results.
Yes I'm very annoyed and still disillusioned with the club just now 

Meanwhile Brechin are having a great season. How come? Don’t think anyone is throwing money at them.

9 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Meanwhile Brechin are having a great season. How come? Don’t think anyone is throwing money at them.

Attendance rates probably helping Brechin with fans sticking with the club. Attendance rates 400 plus at most home games.

Fans through the gate is key that's why I'm concerned with our low rates. No attraction when getting beat 10 times out of 18 at this level.

Huge apathy at the club just now and I can understand fans frustrations with the same old negative continued Cowdenbeath Survival mode which takes its toll with the same people putting in with no return in results on the park. 

New strategies and vision is deeply needed at the club with a massive overhaul at board level with strong leadership to road map how we take the club back to the SPFL and to have a football club we can be proud of at the heart of the town. 

The board at Cowdenbeath are nothing short of exemplary for what they have done over the years keeping our club alive and I'm very grateful to them for their continued hard work and for what continuation of poor results. The board definitely needs more support in terms of fresh new board members whilst having the support/mentoring of existing board members. If I'm disillusioned they must be even more so disheartened.

Thank goodness there is a 3 week break maybe there is a reason Lowland league fixtures have lot's of breaks as I don't think I could keep watching this regularly.

The team have to step up as 13th is unacceptable unless you are happy being a standard midtable Lowland league team. 

A rant but no wonder and I know there is plenty of fans feeling the same. 

As I say only turning up still because I care for the club deeply as it's certainly the worst I have felt as a Cowdenbeath fan and not enjoyable anymore. 

Edited by Cowden316

18 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Thank goodness there is a 3 week break maybe there is a reason Lowland league fixtures have lot's of breaks as I don't think I could keep watching this regularly.

Should be just the two. They've not been scheduled any league fixtures at the start of the season due to the Scottish & South Challenge Cup and double as mop up dates for the EoS Qualifying. A couple of league fixtures have been moved to those dates.

w/e of Nov 19th - SCC/EoS Qualifying Cup (Berwick & Cumbernauld Colts only LL fixture as they've moved it to then)

w/e of Nov 26th - Scottish/EoS Qualifying Cup (Celtic B v. Braves & Hearts B v. Dalbeattie in the LL)

w/e of Dec 3rd - Gretna 2008 v. Cowdenbeath

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Should be just the two. They've not been scheduled any league fixtures at the start of the season due to the Scottish & South Challenge Cup and double as mop up dates for the EoS Qualifying. A couple of league fixtures have been moved to those dates.

w/e of Nov 19th - SCC/EoS Qualifying Cup (Berwick & Cumbernauld Colts only LL fixture as they've moved it to then)

w/e of Nov 26th - Scottish/EoS Qualifying Cup (Celtic B v. Braves & Hearts B v. Dalbeattie in the LL)

w/e of Dec 3rd - Gretna 2008 v. Cowdenbeath

So one week to the 19th, two weeks to the 26th and three weeks to the 3rd December? 

9 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

All new directors, guy who owns Mackie Motors the chairman.

Another new director sold a game’s business in Dundee.

Obviously spending big bucks.

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

All new directors, guy who owns Mackie Motors the chairman.

Another new director sold a game’s business in Dundee.

Obviously spending big bucks.

Brechin were in for Rory McAllister in the summer, so obviously have backers. Good luck to them, certainly HL easier to win than LL, but still have the dreaded play offs to negotiate. 

14 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

The team have to step up as 13th is unacceptable unless you are happy being a standard midtable Lowland league team. 

A rant but no wonder and I know there is plenty of fans feeling the same. 

As I say only turning up still because I care for the club deeply as it's certainly the worst I have felt as a Cowdenbeath fan and not enjoyable anymore. 

Aye that was a fair rant last night Scott. 🤣

Only 2 points above 16th is alarming. 
Enjoy the break and the World Cup mate. 

1 hour ago, big al said:

Aye that was a fair rant last night Scott. 🤣

Only 2 points above 16th is alarming. 
Enjoy the break and the World Cup mate. 

I think we will pick up more points in the second half and end up mid table .

It was a dreadful start to the season, still inconsistent but at least now picking points up and more competitive.

Nothing wrong with 16s rant boy pays his money etc and entitled to his opinion.

21 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I think we will pick up more points in the second half and end up mid table .

It was a dreadful start to the season, still inconsistent but at least now picking points up and more competitive.

Nothing wrong with 16s rant boy pays his money etc and entitled to his opinion.

👍