There was a coo

Good team performance today felt as if the boys dug deep for each other. Few excellent saves from Ruddy lead from the back also very vocal. Sinclair has come on leaps and bounds for me chases down every ball excellent first touch. Carlos great shift also. Not the prettiest of games but wins a win on to Tuesday now!

36 minutes ago, BojanK said:

There’s what 4 OF buses leave Cowdenbeath every week?

need to seriously propose Friday night football and cheap entry and fill the place with people at loose ends. 

Definitely worth a shot 

few teams tried it in recent times, might even be stats now to see if it increased their crowds ?

Regarding other buses, Sevco weren’t paying today so not a factor. 

Edited by big al

Would need some advertising and a push but no reason it shouldn’t work. 

EOS teams are seeing great results with getting youngsters in to watch, OGB had decent Friday night crowds might as well try things when the possibilities are there in this league. 

Shocking attendance for a Saturday league game. So sad to see, can only assume others are dismayed like myself and not turned up.

I am in that category. I have been to nearly every game home and away for 10+ years never missing a game through choice and chose not to go to any game in October.

Went on Tuesday night to the Braves game but was less than inspired and chose not to go again today.

I will be at the next couple of games but starting to find other things to do instead of prioritising football.

On the up side wife seems quite happy…

3 hours ago, monthecoo said:

Shocking attendance for a Saturday league game. So sad to see, can only assume others are dismayed like myself and not turned up.

Too many teams in this league bring next to no away support.

Think the only folk from Colts were their officials.

Imagine the crowd will be better against Bo’ness on Tuesday.

Good to get 3 points after past couple of games. Thought Davo cruised it and is so important for us. Slaven also did well first half in particular. Overall, I think we were fortunate to get the win but will take it.

Friday night games a decent plan if it could maybe get an extra few in. Games like today with zero atmosphere won't attract people back unfortunately.

39 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

East Kilbride lost again. Very open at the top. I said East Kilbride at the start of the season. Not so sure now. 

Looking at their results similar for their manager last season at Stirling.

Good start before the arse fell out of it in October, bit of a pattern.

Will take that win today with open arms but some of the football was absolutely dreadful. We generally work really hard but a few players should count themselves lucky to be picking up a wage for playing football I'm sorry to say.

Lyons put a a shift in with little service from midfield and Davidson was by some distance, the best player on the park even though he looked to be in 2nd gear. He is a tremendous signing.

In spite of him being a greeting faced wee c**t, the number 7 for CC was a tidy player.

Pretty happy tonight.

Good to get 3 points after past couple of games. Thought Davo cruised it and is so important for us. Slaven also did well first half in particular. Overall, I think we were fortunate to get the win but will take it.
Friday night games a decent plan if it could maybe get an extra few in. Games like today with zero atmosphere won't attract people back unfortunately.

Davo is very important but not one of his best games. CC had some decent players but were hanging on a bit at the end.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Too many teams in this league bring next to no away support.

Think the only folk from Colts were their officials.

Imagine the crowd will be better against Bo’ness on Tuesday.

This has been a killer for "Shire for the last 7 seasons but there are glimmers of hope with well supported teams gradually filtering into the League. 

The League was created on the side of a fag packet with the main drivers being The Spartans.  Bizarrely the idea was sound, however, the implementation wasn't and a League which should now have all the teams champing at the bit for a taste of league adventure has stalled big time.

Until the bottom of the league opens properly (and it it means my own team going doing then so be it) then I have to hope that the next team that comes up into the league is a well supported team from the west to give others hope from that region.

Ground that result out today, but absolutely delighted to do so, a couple of hairy moments after we took the lead, and happy to hear that whistle.

Played much better last week at Berwick and came away with nothing, but it’s a tight league as Berwick drawing with the Strollers today demonstrated. The football may not always be pretty but we are nowhere near as bad a team at this level as some may think.

Pleased to be able to pick up volumes 1-3 of the club history in the shop that’s been given a reprint, look a great read.   And I was so close to the 50-50 draw number 🤣

5 hours ago, Cowden95 said:

Unfortunately it’s poor football in what is a boring league. There was an initial positive feeling and bit of excitement at the start of the season but that seems to be gone. 

Horrible game to watch on a heavy pitch but a win is a win. Hope Monthecoo gets a pick me up from it.

Biggest surprise for me this season is the total lack of away support. Spartans for example who seem to be a big fish in the LL. brought nobody and I wasn’t aware of any Colts fans today so 146 would have been all Cowden fans today.

36 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Well Spartans did bring some gobsh*te (who was part of the support staff?) who practically had an argument with everyone in the home end seating 🤣. Even I told him to shut it after a while 🤣

Certainly has lifted the mood. I think it's the league that kills the enthusiasm, it's November and we pretty much have nothing to play for but mid table, the league could do with a play off system at both ends.

That's a common problem with the Lowland League. As soon as you win a few games and lose a few games, the season is basically over.

Took this one in yesterday as a neutral, my first time visiting Central Park. A bit surprised to be asked for £11 for the privilege, as haven't previously come across an entry price of more than £10 at Level 5, & I think £8 at all other LL games to which I've been this season. Looks like there's a fair bit of infrastructure to maintain though, but can't help thinking that attracting 200 folk at £8, or 320 at £5 (per the Friday night football suggestion) would be better for everybody - club, fans, players, pie shop - than 146 at £11. As well as promoting the lower price offer, the lower cost would also surely attract more paying punters.

On to the game, looked like the pitch decreased the potential for either side to be consistently playing attractive football on the deck, but of what was played, Cumbernauld were much the better in that department; but too much was in the middle third of the pitch, & they struggled / failed to a) get in behind the Cowdenbeath defence out wide to turn them & enable early crosses in behind, b) didn't have runners from midfield looking to get beyond their lone striker, & c) put every set piece delivery on the heads of Cowdenbeath's raft of tall defenders, rather than try anything different / creative.

From the Cowdenbeath perspective, it looked a team to be built on a solid backline - with Davidson being key as others have already mentioned - & a lot of hard work apart from that. Didn't seem to be a great deal of quality & creativity in the side, but if you can manage to stay in games by keeping the opposition out - somebody else posted stats on what is a decent recent defensive record - & then nick something at the end, then whilst not the most attractive way to play, if it wins you football matches then the end result justifies the means.

Plaudits also to the manager who with his side up against it in the latter stages of the first period, made a change at half-time, & then when that still hadn't stemmed the flow in the early period of the second half, made two more changes, after which Cowdenbeath looked a better side & evened things out play wise. Contrast that with Cumbernauld, who's first change midway through the second half was to bring on a holding midfielder, & only once a goal behind did he throw on an extra striker. Seemed to me that a couple of positive changes to look to keep their hosts on the back foot would have been the way to go.

So overall, fair play to Cowdenbeath for finding a way to get the three points, whereas Cumbernauld will be thinking how the hell did they manage to lose it, along with a bit of soul searching over what they could have done differently to have made it otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Highland ITFC said:

Took this one in yesterday as a neutral, my first time visiting Central Park. A bit surprised to be asked for £11 for the privilege, as haven't previously come across an entry price of more than £10 at Level 5, & I think £8 at all other LL games to which I've been this season.

If you buy your ticket online in advance, it's £10. £11 is the PATG price.

8 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

If you buy your ticket online in advance, it's £10. £11 is the PATG price.

So the price is still £11, with a £1 discount for online purchase. The poster was correct. 
Penalised for using cash, is the club run by the government?

Edited by big al