There was a coo

1 hour ago, Only coo in the village said:

I get what you are saying and you do make a valid point regarding the time needed to build a team from scratch. There have been a few promising results and the recent lack of games won’t have helped either in maintaining match sharpness. I just wonder how long Ross will be willing to stick around if his teams continue to make little impact in a poor league. It’s not going to enhance his reputation any. Not sure what type of salary he is on but finances are going to be even tighter next season.

progression up the league towards a more respectable position is surely the least we should be able to expect by the end of the season. At least that would demonstrate that there could be something to build upon. 

Yeah I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect some improvement and climb the league abit before the season ends. 
To be honest the 3 week break from games would have given them a chance to work on alot of things as they trained Saturdays as well which you would hope would help to get some results. 

Sad times for the Beath.

35 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It’s just getting worse and worse.

Poor mate very poor.

Cowdenbeath are following the unfortunate trend still that continues to haunt us over the years with one step forward ie EK win and two steps backwards.

Not good enough I'm afraid. We can hear all the good talking, philosophies all day long..... We have been here before, it's a results business and unfortunately we are not delivering results.

What's the answer I honestly don't know anymore especially given all the hard work, dedication, all the good taking and commitment that goes on behind the scenes from everyone but you then come away from games and results feeling really disillusioned.

Edited by Cowden316

At least we have a couple of games ahead on the back of a disappointing week. EK game was a huge boost but gutted that this has not been increased further. Was real positives against Berwick first half in particular but unfortunately we are back needing a win to build up confidence again.

Couple of tough but winnable  fixtures next week before a huge challenge against CSS. Jardine and Mbu doing a great job and excellent result tonight. There experience of LL is evident.

Could do with picking up more points soon before turn of the year to alleviate pressure from teams below again.

On a positive note, there will be some new stock in shop available very soon in time for xmas shopping.

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

I honestly got in the car laid my head on the steering wheel for minutes before the 45 mile dark journey home. Tried again last night in blind faith to the support the team. I have been at every game this season but I am missing Saturday and Tuesday as because becoming demoralising to watch, it's like watching a wounded solider whimper on. After the petrol last night, my bank balance stands at 4.44£. Don't care if we pick up a win, it will be small comfort.

That was one of, if not, the most lacklustre performances this season. No fight from most of them, looked most were just going through the motions. Maurice just sitting there was watching on for most. Braves looked so comfortable at the back, which made me think why on Earth is Gilmartin on bench, again. He's about the only creative flair we have that causes trouble for defences. 

Bisland should be sent back to Tannadice - hopeless, I don't why Maurice continues to play him. He's had one decent game against East Stirlingshire, and that it is. He looked completely disinterested in the second half and looked to have given up. 

I don't care what others think, questions have to be asked of the manager now. He had six months with the old team and could not lift form quick enough to avoid the drop. The reality he is responsible for the recruitment of this season's which was completely wrong approach targeting academy dropouts.

He has tried to plaster over the wound by signing some experienced free agents, which has slightly improved things but most of them won't be here for the foreseeable future , such as Davidson and Lyon. It is 5 months now since he recruited the team and they still feel uncomfortable playing with each other, there's a large disconnect there between the players.

I would give a young manager experienced at tiers 5-8 a shot that will be a significantly cheaper option as our budget shrinks next season and the season. I would personally give Logan McConachie at Jeanfield Swifts or Scott Bonar at Haddington Athletic a shout.

That’s incredible commitment to supporting your team pal.

3 hours ago, monthecoo said:

I honestly got in the car laid my head on the steering wheel for minutes before the 45 mile dark journey home. Tried again last night in blind faith to the support the team. I have been at every game this season but I am missing Saturday and Tuesday as because becoming demoralising to watch, it's like watching a wounded solider whimper on. After the petrol last night, my bank balance stands at 4.44£. Don't care if we pick up a win, it will be small comfort.

That was one of, if not, the most lacklustre performances this season. No fight from most of them, looked most were just going through the motions. Maurice just sitting there was watching on for most. Braves looked so comfortable at the back, which made me think why on Earth is Gilmartin on bench, again. He's about the only creative flair we have that causes trouble for defences. 

Bisland should be sent back to Tannadice - hopeless, I don't why Maurice continues to play him. He's had one decent game against East Stirlingshire, and that it is. He looked completely disinterested in the second half and looked to have given up. 

I don't care what others think, questions have to be asked of the manager now. He had six months with the old team and could not lift form quick enough to avoid the drop. The reality he is responsible for the recruitment of this season's which was completely wrong approach targeting academy dropouts.

He has tried to plaster over the wound by signing some experienced free agents, which has slightly improved things but most of them won't be here for the foreseeable future , such as Davidson and Lyon. It is 5 months now since he recruited the team and they still feel uncomfortable playing with each other, there's a large disconnect there between the players.

I would give a young manager experienced at tiers 5-8 a shot that will be a significantly cheaper option as our budget shrinks next season and the season. I would personally give Logan McConachie at Jeanfield Swifts or Scott Bonar at Haddington Athletic a shout.

Absolutely immense mate, total respect to you and I know there were a few other fans through there last night as well.

Someone should print off even the first paragraph and pin it in the dressing room, not to shame the players or anything like that, but just to show the commitment and love that loyal fans still have for the club, despite the difficult position.

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Absolutely immense mate, total respect to you and I know there were a few other fans through there last night as well.

Someone should print off even the first paragraph and pin it in the dressing room, not to shame the players or anything like that, but just to show the commitment and love that loyal fans still have for the club, despite the difficult position.

Total respect to monthecoo,  Funny that. I was going to say exactly  the same thing about that first paragraph. Print it off in large letters and pin it to the wall. It speaks for all of us, in spades. The players need to understand what it means to pull on a Cowdenbeath shirt every game.

17 hours ago, monthecoo said:

I watch the Lowland this season with interest and have seen a couple of teams play in games and to be fair only seen Cowdenbeath games on highlights but this post by moonthecoo, a disgruntled Cowdenbeath fans hits you and must resonate with all fans. This post just shows you how much they care for their team and want their team to do well but knowing things aint going right. I feel for you, but things will turn, eventually, that's why fans stay with their team through thick and thin but yeah the first paragraph, just had me hooked and you could just sense the feeling of anger, frustration, disappointment, (loss of enthusiasm for this season), going through his head.

Well said sir, a true fan

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Well it's 11 weeks since Cumbernauld knocked us out of the South Challenge Cup. This will be a chance to see if we have made any real progress since then.

Cumbernauld have won 3 and lost 9 since then. We have won 4 and lost 6.

Cumbernauld have scored 19 and conceded 23 in those 12 matches. Whereas, we have scored 15 and conceded 9 in those 10 matches.

In the first 5 of those matches we scored 8 goals, all 8 by forwards (2 of them penalties). In the latter 5 matches we have scored 7 goals, only 1 by a forward.

34 minutes ago, PELE said:

Well it's 11 weeks since Cumbernauld knocked us out of the South Challenge Cup. This will be a chance to see if we have made any real progress since then.

Cumbernauld have won 3 and lost 9 since then. We have won 4 and lost 6.

Cumbernauld have scored 19 and conceded 23 in those 12 matches. Whereas, we have scored 15 and conceded 9 in those 10 matches.

In the first 5 of those matches we scored 8 goals, all 8 by forwards (2 of them penalties). In the latter 5 matches we have scored 7 goals, only 1 by a forward.

The excitement and suspense is unbelievable in the lead up to this game as we can see with the level of engagement in the lead up to this game on here.

I'm someone who is usually positive, half glass full but I'm not enjoying football on a Saturday etc right now with Cowdenbeath as it's very uninspiring taking into account our league position and I'm disillusioned with the direction of the club right now in terms of on the park.

League table doesn't lie. 15/19 Lowland League as it stands we are better than this surely and that's with parachute payment. 2014/15 SPFL championship 2022/23 4 places away from relegation to the East of Scotland league. 7 years of going into oblivion.

I will be there this afternoon but not looking forward to it and there's something wrong when you start to not enjoy it anymore. Only reason going is loyalty to the club.

Hopefully better days lie ahead for Cowdenbeath Football club 

Edited by Cowden316

49 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

The excitement and suspense is unbelievable in the lead up to this game as we can see with the level of engagement in the lead up to this game on here.

I'm someone who is usually positive, half glass full but I'm not enjoying football on a Saturday etc right now with Cowdenbeath as it's very uninspiring taking into account our league position and I'm disillusioned with the direction of the club right now in terms of on the park.

League table doesn't lie. 15/19 Lowland League as it stands we are better than this surely and that's with parachute payment. 2014/15 SPFL championship 2022/23 4 places away from relegation to the East of Scotland league. 7 years of going into oblivion.

I will be there this afternoon but not looking forward to it and there's something wrong when you start to not enjoy it anymore. Only reason going is loyalty to the club.

Hopefully better days lie ahead for Cowdenbeath Football club 

Probably going to be a 0-0 borefest today. Both teams due a draw.

26 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

I wish the team all the best today, missing a game for the first time this season, need a break from it but wish the team nothing but the best. Away to the bingo instead as yesterday was pay day. 

Good luck with the bingo, I hope I don’t wish I was there too by 4pm 🤣

18 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Shocking attendance for a Saturday league game. So sad to see, can only assume others are dismayed like myself and not turned up.

Mmm, no a classic so far. Cumbernauld better in the first half.

Crowd not great, turned into a decent afternoon to watch a game.

Things will get better second half….

19 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Shocking attendance for a Saturday league game. So sad to see, can only assume others are dismayed like myself and not turned up.

Unfortunately it’s poor football in what is a boring league. There was an initial positive feeling and bit of excitement at the start of the season but that seems to be gone.