There was a coo

3 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Just a message to confirm that meeting on Monday at Junction 7pm. Would be great to get a good turnout and start that fan engagement process.

I will be able to share some news also at this meeting about things being worked on.

Directors will be in attendance also. Good chance to get a good Q and A going. Cheers.

Hopefully it will be a good constructive meeting.

Ahead of it a few thoughts from myself.

Would it be possible to get an under 20 side back up and running.

Perhaps it was a false economy at the time to stop it.

For almost 30 years it was a mainstay in bring players through and making an impact on the first team.

Also it would be good to hear thoughts on the possible sale of Central Park and the future implications of this on the club.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Hopefully it will be a good constructive meeting.

Ahead of it a few thoughts from myself.

Would it be possible to get an under 20 side back up and running.

Perhaps it was a false economy at the time to stop it.

For almost 30 years it was a mainstay in bring players through and making an impact on the first team.

Also it would be good to hear thoughts on the possible sale of Central Park and the future implications of this on the club.

I applaud your energy and a constructive way of thing. All the best on Monday 

35 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

No sign of highlights yet from East Kilbride, guess they will get round to it at some point, they do seem to take a wee while most of the time.

They had the managers interview up so you would think they filmed the game as well, never paid much attention tbh.

Good to see the club putting staff in all areas lately and trying to communicate with fans, did anyone see Alex Ferguson went to Bonnyrigg today, scoring 2 and assisting 2 as well, wish he played that well for us last season lol, only seen little bits of quality in the earlier games. 

9 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

933 at Bonnyrigg v East Fife. That's a community getting behind its football team.

It’s still all positive for them first season in the SPFL I think the sold over 600 season tickets.

They have been successful for around a decade in the juniors, Lowland League and now in the SPFL they have capitalised on that and built up a decent fan base.

Good luck to them.

10 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

933 at Bonnyrigg v East Fife. That's a community getting behind its football team.

They get a lot of cross over support with Hibs and Hearts fans who maybe don’t travel away and will go to support their local club.  Fair enough though, the numbers don’t lie.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

They get a lot of cross over support with Hibs and Hearts fans who maybe don’t travel away and will go to support their local club.  Fair enough though, the numbers don’t lie.

It’s one of those places which has expanded as well, lots of new houses and new people to watch their local team.

On 13/10/2022 at 11:45, NELLY 1 said:

Just a message to confirm that meeting on Monday at Junction 7pm. Would be great to get a good turnout and start that fan engagement process.

I will be able to share some news also at this meeting about things being worked on.

Directors will be in attendance also. Good chance to get a good Q and A going. Cheers.

Hope the meeting goes well tonight, and a decent amount of folk show up. 

Sounds like a great chance to get a bit of an insight into how things are going,  and a chance to exchange views, only sorry can’t get over.

A great meeting tonight, colin tom and david were not shy at answering questions and going into depth about the club no corners missed. Exciting times ahead hopefully a real community feeling comes out after all that. If you were unfortunate not to make it I’d recommend trying to make the next meeting a lot of behind the scenes information you would never have known. Heres to more positives!!

A great meeting tonight, colin tom and david were not shy at answering questions and going into depth about the club no corners missed. Exciting times ahead hopefully a real community feeling comes out after all that. If you were unfortunate not to make it I’d recommend trying to make the next meeting a lot of behind the scenes information you would never have known. Heres to more positives!!

Certainly for me meetings are out. Any factual feedback anywhere?

5 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Certainly for me meetings are out. Any factual feedback anywhere?

Hi bud

Understand difficult for you and quite a few other fans who don't stay in the town.

The general meeting was a factual informative meeting with a few questions in regards to things like u20s and other areas as well as community aspect etc.

I confirmed that the club now have a new chief scout who starts asap and will under his new role bring on board 3 or 4 people to go to games and get reports on players. This is a part of the club that we haven't had for a while.

Idea of a reunion day. Also a challenge match over 35s cowden vs dunfermline over 35s (ex players only).

There was someone taking notes and I think a broad summary will be in the programme at next home game

Few conversations about players and enlightening fans on simple things like where we train etc..

Frank discussions about the ground ownership and income going to be down next season due to no premier cup money etc..

In all I think very positive and thank you to everyone whom attended. 

Cheers.

Hi bud
Understand difficult for you and quite a few other fans who don't stay in the town.
The general meeting was a factual informative meeting with a few questions in regards to things like u20s and other areas as well as community aspect etc.
I confirmed that the club now have a new chief scout who starts asap and will under his new role bring on board 3 or 4 people to go to games and get reports on players. This is a part of the club that we haven't had for a while.
Idea of a reunion day. Also a challenge match over 35s cowden vs dunfermline over 35s (ex players only).
There was someone taking notes and I think a broad summary will be in the programme at next home game
Few conversations about players and enlightening fans on simple things like where we train etc..
Frank discussions about the ground ownership and income going to be down next season due to no premier cup money etc..
In all I think very positive and thank you to everyone whom attended. 
Cheers.

Thanks for that.

I'm watching Pollok v Annan. Mullen's having a good game and scored a cracking free kick.

Fraser always played well for Cowden but sometimes when you see an ex-player doing well for a different team you get the "if only.." vibes.