There was a coo

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Not going to be easy tonight spartans are a good side with a few ex cowden. Looking forward to a night under the lights boys must have a bit of confidence going into this after Saturday. Be happy to come away with a point

Only Mikey Herd has been a regular in their side.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Only Mikey Herd has been a regular in their side.

Not paid much attention to them, has Harvey Swann not been getting a game?

Just can’t make it over tonight, wish I could, let’s take the first win over a team in the top half. 

On 30/09/2022 at 20:05, silkybeath said:

I agree that things are not that easy. You also do a cracking job with regards to negotiating and promoting Cowden to potential targets.

I am concerned that a few players that were identified as being the future of the team are already leaving. Hopefully the youngsters left can be nurtured correctly and make progress. 

Would like to see loan players that are making little difference to not be involved. Rb Bisland from Dundee Utd will surely miss out when Alfie is back.

Crucial game tomorrow. Boys will hopefully be up for it.

Well done to Junction boys for showing an amazing support again with hospitality.

Remember to pop in to the club shop tomorrow and start some early xmas shopping (or personal shopping 😉)

C'mon the Silky!

Never got the chance to say thanks very much for the beer mat mate! Its a cracker

Agree with onecowden, very little between the teams.

Cowden struck the woodwork although Spartans had a few opportunities and the keeper had 2/3 good saves.

Big 5 caught the eye abit , he uses the ball really well with his left foot. 
Don’t understand that every single player is withdrawn in to the 18 yard box for all corners and free kicks, specially when losing and time running out. 
A mid table battle between 2 teams who’s league seasons are almost over already in such a big league. 

Edited by big al

44 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Didn’t think there was much in the game. Poor defending for the goal. We should have scored just before they did. Worst crowd I’ve seen at a Cowden game in my not so short life. 

Aye could have had a point Carlos hitting the post just before they scored and Jack cracking the bar.

As you say poor crowd of 136 think you would have to go back to the 90s for one so low.

Can't really comment on all the game as only really seen the game from second half.

A very frustrating game to watch tonight and a very poor goal to lose.

We were probably if being fair to the team deserved a draw after hitting the crossbar and Spartans also appeared to get all the decisions.

7 defeats in 12 games If we are brutally being honest is a horrific start if we have ambitions to succeed as a football club. 

My concern is unfortunately it appears that we can only defeat and draw with the teams below us so far which is very very poor considering the potential threat of further relegation and this league will get stronger as years come and go.

Concerned also this is a team albeit in early infancy with an SPFL parachute payment lying 15th. What type of team will be mustered when there is no parachute payment would be my concern.

A critical but balanced post but I and everyone connected with Cowdenbeath surely deserve and expect better than our poor start to the Lowland League season?

Hopefully Lowland League structure improves as if I'm being honest I have lost interest in this season already as nothing to really play for unless dragged into the bottom or a miraculous winning streak is formed.

Only thing keeping me going is the care and love for the club 

Edited by Cowden316

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Agree with onecowden, very little between the teams.

Cowden struck the woodwork although Spartans had a few opportunities and the keeper had 2/3 good saves.

Big 5 caught the eye abit , he uses the ball really well with his left foot. 
Don’t understand that every single player is withdrawn in to the 18 yard box for all corners and free kicks, specially when losing and time running out. 
A mid table battle between 2 teams who’s league seasons are almost over already in such a big league. 

We are slowly starting to get better, but I also don't get the tactics sometimes. Our season was effectively over when we moved a few wins clear of Dalbeatie. Highly unlikely to get relegated and no chance of winning the league, so why not be more attacking and take risks, especially as you say when we are already losing. Ross should maybe start with Garrad. He has looked more dangerous in recent games.

1 minute ago, Cowden316 said:

Can't really comment on all the game as only really seen the game from second half.

We were probably if being fair to the team deserved a draw after hitting the crossbar and Spartans also appeared to get all the decisions.

7 defeats in 12 games If we are brutally being honest is a horrific start if we have ambitions to succeed as a football club. 

My concern is unfortunately it appears that we can only defeat and draw with the 4 teams below us so far which is very very poor considering the potential threat of further relegation as this league will get stronger.

Concerned also this is a team albeit in early infancy with an SPFL parachute team lying 15th. What type of team will be mustered when there is no parachute payment would be my concern.

A critical but balanced post but I and everyone connected with Cowdenbeath surely deserve and expect better than our poor start to the Lowland League season?

It was always going to be hard starting from scratch.

My thoughts - some of the early recruitment wasn’t great but the manager has obviously seen that as well and managed to move a few on.

More recently recruitment has been better with the likes of Ruddy (although Danny has been doing well and kept him out), Love, Slaven, Lyon and Davidson.

Think if we had them at the start we would have been a bit better placed.

We are at the stage when we can beat the sides around us as you say.

Thought we done alright tonight against a top six side and hit both the post and bar.

We certainly competed better against a higher side tonight than we were doing at the start.

Its small steps but we seem to be making a little bit of progress.

I believe that you get half of the parachute payment in your second season.

Its something that we will just have to get on with but you would expect to be building a whole new squad next summer.

9 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

My concern is unfortunately it appears that we can only defeat and draw with the 4 teams below us so far which is very very poor considering the potential threat of further relegation as this league will get stronger.

Concerned also this is a team albeit in early infancy with an SPFL parachute team lying 15th. What type of team will be mustered when there is no parachute payment would be my concern.

Sadly, I think East Stirlingshire are a future version of us. When the parachute money stops, surely we will struggle. Without someone pumping money in it is hard to compete, even at this level.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was always going to be hard starting from scratch.

My thoughts - some of the early recruitment wasn’t great but the manager has obviously seen that as well and managed to move a few on.

More recently recruitment has been better with the likes of Ruddy (although Danny has been doing well and kept him out), Love, Slaven, Lyon and Davidson.

Think if we had them at the start we would have been a bit better placed.

We are at the stage when we can beat the sides around us as you say.

Thought we done alright tonight against a top six side and hit both the post and bar.

We certainly competed better against a higher side tonight than we were doing at the start.

Its small steps but we seem to be making a little bit of progress.

I believe that you get half of the parachute payment in your second season.

Its something that we will just have to get on with but you would expect to be building a whole new squad next summer.

Yeah certainly completing with teams better and definitely deserved something tonight which probably made things even more frustrating.

Hopefully the players can keep the hard work going as business as usual and take a good game to EK on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, PELE said:

Sadly, I think East Stirlingshire are a future version of us. When the parachute money stops, surely we will struggle. Without someone pumping money in it is hard to compete, even at this level.

Could happen but on the other side of the coin you have clubs like Civil Service Strollers with little fans being able to punch against their weight and do alright in this league.

Suppose we will find out soon enough!

5 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Yeah certainly completing with teams better and definitely deserved something tonight which probably made things even more frustrating.

Hopefully the players can keep the hard work going as business as usual and take a good game to EK on Saturday.

Hope so 316.

8 minutes ago, PELE said:

Yes that is what I fear too. Definitely need to change our model and look at ways to how we operate in a sustainable but also competitive way to road map/blueprint a way back to the SPFL.

We need strong leadership,vision and Business acumen and strong football knowledge  to get us back to the SPFL with a lot of support as like the board have found they can't be expected to do this alone it needs a lot of people to help.

Hopefully the foundations are starting to be laid for this process which I understand things are happening behind the scenes.

Edited by Cowden316

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Never got the chance to say thanks very much for the beer mat mate! Its a cracker

Not a problem. Will look at getting some shorts with JB on them to the shop where possible. 

Some more pub/bar things coming very soon.

Enjoyable enough game, thought both sides played decent and there were a lot of chances, compared to the 1-0 shambles a week ago this was a million times better a performance.

Always going to be disappointed to lose but thought the team played well, Spartans looked a lot better going forwards than they were at the back which meant we created a lot of goal scoring chances but just couldn't take one unfortunately.

Good all round effort shown by the team, hope they can keep it up and we'll get a result against a better side soon I have no doubt.