There was a coo

Just a quick half time post to say brilliant first half; should be out of sight. We have had the strong wind, interesting to see if it makes any difference.
If Iain Davidson is past it, please send some more like that our way. 

I was worried when we signed Davo. I saw him last season and he was poor. However, he really was excellent today and well deserved mom. Just can’t believe it’s the same player he strolled that game.

What a performance start to finish. The recent signings have bolster the team to another level.
Carlos Lyon was fantastic today, he is the forward player we've been needing. I was happy to see his reaction to being appalled off by the Cowden fans when substituted. 
I would also like to mention Bisland today. He has had some justified criticism by others. But I thought he was really good today and the goal was deserved for his performance. Hopefully he can use this to spur himself on now in future fixtures coming soon.
A great team performance today. I think we have a lot to be positive for the future if a few more good signings are made and the development of U20's team as@silkybeath previously mentioned.
Mon the Cowden.

Carlos was very good, must be a nightmare to play against.

At last we look like a team. Carlos looked way off it  on Wednesday but was miles better today. All our experienced players played well and that seemed to lift the. younger lads , who get more confident as the game progressed. Shire were pretty poor but I think they will stay up . Nice strip though.

Well done cowden. Controlled performance with a high tempo and excellent reaction to a poor previous performance.

The press was excellent today and we won 1st and 2nd balls all over the pitch.

Same type of effort and tempo required tuesday. Sadly sam newman (who was excellent today) will be missing tuesday as cant play against his parent club.

I don’t think we have turned a corner as we have a young team and I feel we will get good performances like today mixed in with some poor performances like Wednesday. Hopefully as the season progresses, the poor becomes less frequent.

I suppose it’s a case of not getting too high when good and not too down when poor.

Completely ignoring the footy today (as a 'Shire fan who would blame me) l just wanted to say that I have now had the chance to read the match programme and it is by best by miles I have ever seen/read at this level. It makes the rest of us programme guys and girls look like we are just playing about.

Others will love the design and layout, which is stunningly good, but for me it is always all about content... and that is crazily good.

Serious huge well done Andy. 

7 hours ago, Dead said:

Completely ignoring the footy today (as a 'Shire fan who would blame me) l just wanted to say that I have now had the chance to read the match programme and it is by best by miles I have ever seen/read at this level. It makes the rest of us programme guys and girls look like we are just playing about.

Others will love the design and layout, which is stunningly good, but for me it is always all about content... and that is crazily good.

And Cowden Cowboy.

Funniest bit in yesterday’s one was the old report from when we played in the 09 play off final and all the antics that went on that day😀

Happier times for both clubs back then.

Not had much luck seeing away programmes this season so far just Hearts B.

10 hours ago, Dead said:

It’s great to see other clubs fans praising the programme. It’s been a great publication for years now. As for the content, it’s always fresh and informative.  It must be a hell of a lot of work. Well done to all involved. 

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Great game and day yesterday. Brilliant hospitality day very well looked after by the club and a 5-0 win couldn’t ask for any better.

Was in quite sharp so popped in to the lounge for a couple of drinks, nice to see so many people in, with your group and the other one which I take it was the one commemorating the supporter who would have turned 100.

Very well behaved bunch you were as well. 😀

Don’t think I have seen it mentioned here but the programme said that Mark Donaldson has left the club.

He featured quite a lot at the start of the season but don’t think he has even been on the bench of late, suppose with some of the players we have brought in, his chance of any game time has reduced to nothing.

Also noticed that Chris Aikamhemze got the winner for Livingston United yesterday, well done Chris.  They are second in the league, chasing Scott Sinclair’s former team Bo’ness Athletic who are going really well by looks of things.

Only to be expected after recent horrific seasons but so sad that a number of familiar faces were missing on the terracing on Saturday. Some people who have been there for many a year through thick and very thin. 

It made me think of people I’ve seen at Cowden games over the years who stop attending for whatever reason and you never know where their story goes. 
People with real passion for the team who gradually disappear or move away. I remember at a relatively young age a blond guy and his mate who were at every game. When we were attacking one of them would make a bugle sound which always made me laugh. Think they both became stewards at some point but I’ve no idea what happened to them both.

It’s funny the characters you come across at games who are following other sides over the years. One I don’t miss is the Arbroath fan ( I think ) who tunelessly played a trombone for a few years and the Albion Rovers supporter who constantly shouted obscenities throughout the matches. That’s rich coming from a Cowden fan mind you ;) 

3 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Only to be expected after recent horrific seasons but so sad that a number of familiar faces were missing on the terracing on Saturday. Some people who have been there for many a year through thick and very thin. 

It made me think of people I’ve seen at Cowden games over the years who stop attending for whatever reason and you never know where their story goes. 
People with real passion for the team who gradually disappear or move away. I remember at a relatively young age a blond guy and his mate who were at every game. When we were attacking one of them would make a bugle sound which always made me laugh. Think they both became stewards at some point but I’ve no idea what happened to them both.

It’s funny the characters you come across at games who are following other sides over the years. One I don’t miss is the Arbroath fan ( I think ) who tunelessly played a trombone for a few years and the Albion Rovers supporter who constantly shouted obscenities throughout the matches. That’s rich coming from a Cowden fan mind you ;) 

I know who you are talking about re the bugle never seen either of them for years.

It was a QP fan who played the trumbone.

5 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

It's sad that our crowd was 200 at weekend and our crowds are below teams in lower levels like Dunbar and musselburgh amongst many many others.

I actually came up with a potential idea of having a REUNION day game later in season. The idea being that for one game highlighted in the not to distant future we promote a game where we invite all past fans and ex players and family of current fans etc etc to the game with a reduced rate and through word of mouth or social media or simply texting your old cowden friends to say look cowden are having a reunion day where we can all meet again on the terrace and have that nostalgia feeling and meet old faces.

I would look to get 2 or 3 local pubs involved where I would say if they can put on an old game in their boozer for example one pub play cowden vs brechin and one pub put on cowden vs dunfermline pre game and get people into the pub b4 game also. Reduced entry for the game also.

I like the proposal and feeling knowing I could bump into lads who have not been to central park for years either due to work or family life or simply fed up of watching us. They go because they want a little day out with old friends. Life is short and meeting old buddy's is something not to be missed. Through effort and planning it could potentially work. Any thoughts?.

That is really spooky. I was just thinking about speaking to the club about something similar a couple of weeks back ahead of East Stirling game with it being a previous well known fixture. I had thought about a social media push around "Fill Central" asking anyone who attended previously and in particular games against Alloa, Elgin, Brechin, Dunfermline to turn up for this fixture.

Think maybe midweek from how attendances have went this year might work and would avoid other games.

I can't believe you just posted that. 😁

41 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

That is really spooky. I was just thinking about speaking to the club about something similar a couple of weeks back ahead of East Stirling game with it being a previous well known fixture. I had thought about a social media push around "Fill Central" asking anyone who attended previously and in particular games against Alloa, Elgin, Brechin, Dunfermline to turn up for this fixture.

Think maybe midweek from how attendances have went this year might work and would avoid other games.

I can't believe you just posted that. 😁

Great minds and all that. Even fans who attend maybe 1 in every 4 would b good to get that group of boys all there for one game.

It needs planning and people to help but the idea is solid.

I do think a Saturday is best so with plenty warning people that don't come or would come for this game only can get it in the diary and plan a lads day out. 

The old ETB gang fully together for a day. The tea and sconers together for a day. Families for one day. As said wouldn't be hard to say at junction get an old game on the screen for fans to watch before our game. Then after our game hopefully after a win. A night out.. 

Worth thinking about and pushing..