There was a coo

25 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye probably needed a bit of fleshing up with new folk with new ideas.

Clubs evolve through time and it’s good to have someone like Nelly who is quite young , who will have different thoughts on doing things.

Craig has been a long term supporter and sponsor and Alex is really good with engaging with the community stuff.

Good luck to them.

Apologes for my preceding post multi tasking clearly not something I have mastered and given my age I suspect a reach to far.

The appoitments also of Craig & Alex are a real boost. Two peope from differing backgrounds both who give fully without expectation of recognition or reward, but through an honest selfless commitment to the club. We are blessed and fortunate, thank you both for what you have done and I know you will continue to do.

1 hour ago, NELLY 1 said:

Its a valid point. And one in which I agree however the financial aspect is one to way up.  Do you spend a portion of the little money we have on a new u20s set up. That money comes out of first team budget. 

From that perspective it's something I and others are and will review. I know people within the club are already discussing things with certain people in the community. 

Cowden clearly will never be able to spend their way to success and the likelihood is that clubs such as darvel and ek with wealthy backers may become more normal than just 1 or 2 at this level.

Anyhow we can only concentrate on what we can control and work with budgets that is set.

Haws, Swifts, Kelty, Oakley, Crossgates etc under 20s all came from their grassroots setup/community clubs. In swifts case, the senior team came after.

Previously, a similar model was discussed when I ran a local youth setup but at the time Fife Elite was the main focus.

If we can continue the success of Cowden in the Community and most recent link with Blue Brazil who have boys teams throughout the age groups and now a large number of girls, hopefully the older age groups can progress to under 20s and that eventual link. Dont think costing is a huge amount and in my opinion worth more than anything for the future.

Youth teams don't only provide a potential player for 1st team but also a fan base. When my youth team was linked to Cowden, players attended training and the kids attended games, were ball boys, played at half time  and more importantly their parents also attended, eventually purchasing season tickets. An under 20 team is a must and can happen soon.

Edited by silkybeath

Solo trip over the Forth for me today as my daughter spent yesterday evening throwing up so misses her own football and the Cowden. The two bosses in the house have kindly granted permission for me to abandon them for the afternoon. 😆

Is the Andy Matthew lounge fine for a pint before the match? I’m quite happy to sit in the corner like an old codger with a drink, so don’t need anything fancy. 😀

15 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Solo trip over the Forth for me today as my daughter spent yesterday evening throwing up so misses her own football and the Cowden. The two bosses in the house have kindly granted permission for me to abandon them for the afternoon. 😆

Is the Andy Matthew lounge fine for a pint before the match? I’m quite happy to sit in the corner like an old codger with a drink, so don’t need anything fancy. 😀

It’s just bottles they sell no draught beer, it’s ok.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Well. A 5-0 win on a Saturday is a rare thing. Delighted with that. 

Aye and could have been more.

Shire are poor but it’s teams like that we have to beat to get away from the bottom.

Good that the goals were spread around the team as well.

Two big tests coming in the week ahead.

What a great performance today, no exaggeration to say it could easily have been 7 or 8 and not flattered us. Some lovely goals and link up play.

Although East Stirling are struggling they have had a couple of decent draws in recent weeks, so it wasn’t a given.

Of the new boys Iain Davidson was class today and I was impressed with most of what Carlos Lyon did, with the exception of his finishing, was willing him to score but wasn’t to be, got a good reception from the fans when he was subbed.

Ewan Thomson will have got a great lift from his goals, his second was a great move after superb lead up work from Scott Sinclair.  Struthers goal was a beauty as well.

Forgot to add I was standing where usually do along the far end of the terracing and was quite close to a band of about 20 East Stirling fans, thought they were great and supported their team as well as could be expected given the hiding they got.

A couple of them got a bit ratty when a few 50/50 decisions didn’t go their way, and they gave the ref and linesman a bit of stick, but overall they were quite funny and resigned to their fate long before the end, but they mostly all stayed to the bitter end (maybe to boo their players 😬😁)

Edited by Cowdenleith

I’d have settled for 3-0 but 5 was even more acceptable :) . We got the rub of the green with the first 2 goals as Shire should have been awarded the shy prior to our first and the second was intended as a cross but flew in above their keeper. 
That being said, Cowden completely dominated the game and had the vast majority of the possession. There was a bit of slackness  and we gave the ball away far too easily at times. There were however some good passages of play by us and was a definite improvement and a very positive performance. 
Fair play to the Shire fans who came along. Their team look extremely poor and it’s never easy following any club away at this level of football.