There was a coo

7 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Some players who we all had high hopes for sadly didn't perhaps fulfill their potential I think the club were pushed to signing 20 players in such a short short space of Time. Constantly trying to improve things so for example ruddy is an improvement on mcgready for me. Davo is an improvement. Stuart love improvement. 

The lads leaving are not bad players and not bad lads simply wasn't going to play as much as they or we had hoped. That's football.  Recruitment has to be better and things are being put in place to do this for short and long term.

Loan players are young players too and part of that same process. Alfie not far away but too soon for tomorrow I think.

The boys should be up for every game. Wednesday was an unacceptable performance they know that. Performances up until Wednesday had 100% been improving.

Let's hope for a reaction tomorrow.

Agree regarding Ruddy and Davidson. Will certainly help defensively.

Not sure about Love. Seems a bit off the pace at times, particularly when we are not in possession. Disappointed since his first game. Again that is only my opinion. 

Just think loan players are not required if building a team with no chance of promotion. Might as well develop own players.

6 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Agree regarding Ruddy and Davidson. Will certainly help defensively.

Not sure about Love. Seems a bit off the pace at times, particularly when we are not in possession. Disappointed since his first game. Again that is only my opinion. 

Just think loan players are not required if building a team with no chance of promotion. Might as well develop own players.

I would mark Love down as an improvement, he’s the sort of guy we needed with experience of the non leagues.

As you say Ruddy and Davo are improvements, also Slaven.

Off the loan signings Gilmartin has been the best.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would mark Love down as an improvement, he’s the sort of guy we needed with experience of the non leagues.

As you say Ruddy and Davo are improvements, also Slaven.

Off the loan signings Gilmartin has been the best.

I agree that Love is a positive with regards to experience and is useful on the ball. Just concerned how often he is caught out and left behind as lacks pace. Hopefully can form a partnership with Lucas who is mobile and can compliment each other.

Just shows the difference in quality from tier 7 to 5. He scored 30 odd goals from midfield for Oakley and Sinky also ran riot.

Slaven has potential. Just needs to stay onside.

Edited by silkybeath

16 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

I agree that Love is a positive with regards to experience and is useful on the ball. Just concerned how often he is caught out and left behind as lacks pace. Hopefully can form a partnership with Lucas who is mobile and can compliment each other.

Just shows the difference in quality from tier 7 to 5. He scored 30 odd goals from midfield for Oakley and Sinky also ran riot.

Slaven has potential. Just needs to stay onside.

Sinky was actually a level below last season.

Love has been a big loss for Oakley this season.

Thanks cowdenleith. I don't want to go into too much but my hope and plan is to do as much fan engagement as possible and keep fans up to date and speed as much as possible it's healthy that loyal fans have clarity and information.

With this in mind I made a proposal to offer a monthly meeting at Central park which will begin soon where fans/shareholders/club 135 members or supporters clubs can meet and i will discuss a wide variety of topics as I'm sure will a Director or 2 about other areas of the football Club.

I don't particularly like posting this on here but I know it's a good platform to get information out. So once the announcement is made for the monthly meeting I do look forward to seeing people.

The wide ranging role I shall take on is a huge task and everything I do is always for the good of the club. A club I have been watching from 8 years old and studying teams/players. The club means everything as it does to so many others. 

Fans ideas and proposals is vital the club welcome it. I welcome it and if fans wish to discuss anything with me directly it won't be hard to get in contact.

We all want success we all want our team to win but being a cowden fan for a long long time is the toughest gig in British football almost. I salute every one of us. 

Mon the cowden.

18 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Congrats to @NELLY 1 on the appointment,  you have quite the wide ranging role.😀 And to the others as well, hopefully take the club forward in different ways (sorry if Craig and/or Alex post on here and I’m not aware, sure a lot of you know them)

Aye probably needed a bit of fleshing up with new folk with new ideas.

Clubs evolve through time and it’s good to have someone like Nelly who is quite young , who will have different thoughts on doing things.

Craig has been a long term supporter and sponsor and Alex is really good with engaging with the community stuff.

Good luck to them.

10 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Thanks cowdenleith. I don't want to go into too much but my hope and plan is to do as much fan engagement as possible and keep fans up to date and speed as much as possible it's healthy that loyal fans have clarity and information.

With this in mind I made a proposal to offer a monthly meeting at Central park which will begin soon where fans/shareholders/club 135 members or supporters clubs can meet and i will discuss a wide variety of topics as I'm sure will a Director or 2 about other areas of the football Club.

I don't particularly like posting this on here but I know it's a good platform to get information out. So once the announcement is made for the monthly meeting I do look forward to seeing people.

The wide ranging role I shall take on is a huge task and everything I do is always for the good of the club. A club I have been watching from 8 years old and studying teams/players. The club means everything as it does to so many others. 

Fans ideas and proposals is vital the club welcome it. I welcome it and if fans wish to discuss anything with me directly it won't be hard to get in contact.

We all want success we all want our team to win but being a cowden fan for a long long time is the toughest gig in British football almost. I salute every one of us. 

Mon the cowden.

On a personal level delighted to see your appointment your effort and commitment is, and especially more recently has been above and beyond. 

👏👏👏

47 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Congrats to @NELLY 1 on the appointment,  you have quite the wide ranging role.😀 And to the others as well, hopefully take the club forward in different ways (sorry if Craig and/or Alex post on here and I’m not aware, sure a lot of you know them)

The golden period that Cowden had for a decade or so was built on having a large core of the team who had all come up from the youth development. 
Can argue with age they signed etc but roughly the likes of Adamson, Brett, O Brien, Milne, Robertson, Miller, Callaghan, Johnston, and I’m sure others. 
For me this is the only way Cowden will have any success. It’s kind of proven by the fact it’s the only successful period in my lifetime. 
Disappointing then that other local (now senior) semi pro clubs like the Haws, Kelty, Inverkeithing and so on all have under 20s etc.

For me Cowden will never be able to sign their way to success. 

Have heard the excuse for this previously that it’s too expensive, well how do all the other clubs finance it? 

Ideas were mentioned. This seems a fairly obvious 1 to me.

2 minutes ago, big al said:

The golden period that Cowden had for a decade or so was built on having a large core of the team who had all come up from the youth development. 
Can argue with age they signed etc but roughly the likes of Adamson, Brett, O Brien, Milne, Robertson, Miller, Callaghan, Johnston, and I’m sure others. 
For me this is the only way Cowden will have any success. It’s kind of proven by the fact it’s the only successful period in my lifetime. 
Disappointing then that other local (now senior) semi pro clubs like the Haws, Kelty, Inverkeithing and so on all have under 20s etc.

For me Cowden will never be able to sign their way to success. 

Have heard the excuse for this previously that it’s too expensive, well how do all the other clubs finance it? 

Ideas were mentioned. This seems a fairly obvious 1 to me.

Its a valid point. And one in which I agree however the financial aspect is one to way up.  Do you spend a portion of the little money we have on a new u20s set up. That money comes out of first team budget. 

From that perspective it's something I and others are and will review. I know people within the club are already discussing things with certain people in the community. 

Cowden clearly will never be able to spend their way to success and the likelihood is that clubs such as darvel and ek with wealthy backers may become more normal than just 1 or 2 at this level.

Anyhow we can only concentrate on what we can control and work with budgets that is set.

The club appointments are fantastically matched to the skills and strengths of the individuals.

Know them all personally really well and worked closely with a few during my volunteering years with the club.

Alex will be key with engaging with the community with his community experience and will be interesting to see how that develops.

Nelly passionate, ambitious, gives 100%, knowledgeable, contacts, can get selling the club well attracting new players and past players to help with fundraising i.e fundraising match and breathes the club all good qualities to set the club in a new direction and keep it's existence.

Craig. His professional experience and approach/contacts I am sure will be a good addition to the board whilst also providing fresh thinking in the boardroom.

1 or 2 more additions with similar qualities to freshen the board up more might... might just help take this crazy little club of ours forward whilst working closely with the existing experienced and loyal board members.

Edited by Cowden316