There was a coo

4 hours ago, monthecoo said:

Does anyone think it's a must not lose tomorrow? 3 points would bring East Stirlingshire level on points with us. We need to pull away from the bottom 2 as soon as we can and not bring others closer. I am very concerned of 2 relegations with the high possibility of a Brechin-Albion playoff. Brechin are looking very good at the moment. 

Yeah, definitely a no lose game absolute minimum, but to me a win is really important to lift a bit of the understandable gloom that is around at the moment.

40 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

My understanding is that it’s pretty much like @monthecoo said;

One team will be relegated from the Lowland League, unless the Highland League team wins the overall play off against the bottom League 2 team, if that happens two teams will be relegated from the Lowland League.

Aye if the L2 side is in the LL area

20 hours ago, big al said:

Surprised that Cammy Graham has been let go. Understand the need to let players leave to free up wages but thought he was decent in the games he played and in particular when brought on v Gretna. 

Hopefully an improved performance tomorrow. A bit of attacking intent would be good to see. That was what the manager promised at the start of the season. Leaving at least one player up the park at a corner would be a good start.

C'mon the Silky!

32 minutes ago, _FFC1876 said:

I initially thought this too, but Wikipedia (not the most reliable source, I know 😂) seems to have it that there could potentially be no teams relegated.

I’m sure Iv heard before that there’s a scenario where nobody gets relegated. Most likely 1 does, but also a chance that 2 do. 

14 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Surprised that Cammy Graham has been let go. Understand the need to let players leave to free up wages but thought he was decent in the games he played and in particular when brought on v Gretna. 

Hopefully an improved performance tomorrow. A bit of attacking intent would be good to see. That was what the manager promised at the start of the season. Leaving at least one player up the park at a corner would be a good start.

C'mon the Silky!

In the summer I thought he may have been a good signing.

Cammy top top lad. Would have found game time limited at the club and that's football. With a big squad and over budget it's also a financial decision as well as a football one.

He goes with best wishes. I'm sad he has left but the kid wants to go play every week. 

Mon the cowden

3 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Cammy top top lad. Would have found game time limited at the club and that's football. With a big squad and over budget it's also a financial decision as well as a football one.

He goes with best wishes. I'm sad he has left but the kid wants to go play every week. 

Mon the cowden

Think we are at 24 players far too much could do with shedding a few more really.

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Think we are at 24 players far too much could do with shedding a few more really.

We had 7 on the bench on Wednesday and I counted 6 players sat in the stand aswell the squad size is far to big, if you think about these players we’ve missed out on for a few pounds we could have easily spent it if we didnt sign so much.

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

We had 7 on the bench on Wednesday and I counted 6 players sat in the stand aswell the squad size is far to big, if you think about these players we’ve missed out on for a few pounds we could have easily spent it if we didnt sign so much.

It’s 23 with Cammy away but includes Chris Aikamhenze who is on loan.

Could do with some more getting out on loan.

Maybe should have went for quality over quantity as you suggest.

13 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Doesn't work like that I'm afraid. I understand it's easy to say don't sign those 3 and use that 3s wages and sign that target we missed out on who went for an extra 50 quid a week but it genuinely don't work like that.

Maybe we have players playing for very little or free...  a lot of clubs have that eg expenses only for example.

20 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Doesn't work like that I'm afraid. I understand it's easy to say don't sign those 3 and use that 3s wages and sign that target we missed out on who went for an extra 50 quid a week but it genuinely don't work like that.

Maybe we have players playing for very little or free...  a lot of clubs have that eg expenses only for example.

I agree that things are not that easy. You also do a cracking job with regards to negotiating and promoting Cowden to potential targets.

I am concerned that a few players that were identified as being the future of the team are already leaving. Hopefully the youngsters left can be nurtured correctly and make progress. 

Would like to see loan players that are making little difference to not be involved. Rb Bisland from Dundee Utd will surely miss out when Alfie is back.

Crucial game tomorrow. Boys will hopefully be up for it.

Well done to Junction boys for showing an amazing support again with hospitality.

Remember to pop in to the club shop tomorrow and start some early xmas shopping (or personal shopping 😉)

C'mon the Silky!

11 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

I agree that things are not that easy. You also do a cracking job with regards to negotiating and promoting Cowden to potential targets.

I am concerned that a few players that were identified as being the future of the team are already leaving. Hopefully the youngsters left can be nurtured correctly and make progress. 

Would like to see loan players that are making little difference to not be involved. Rb Bisland from Dundee Utd will surely miss out when Alfie is back.

Crucial game tomorrow. Boys will hopefully be up for it.

Well done to Junction boys for showing an amazing support again with hospitality.

Remember to pop in to the club shop tomorrow and start some early xmas shopping (or personal shopping 😉)

C'mon the Silky!

Some players who we all had high hopes for sadly didn't perhaps fulfill their potential I think the club were pushed to signing 20 players in such a short short space of Time. Constantly trying to improve things so for example ruddy is an improvement on mcgready for me. Davo is an improvement. Stuart love improvement. 

The lads leaving are not bad players and not bad lads simply wasn't going to play as much as they or we had hoped. That's football.  Recruitment has to be better and things are being put in place to do this for short and long term.

Loan players are young players too and part of that same process. Alfie not far away but too soon for tomorrow I think.

The boys should be up for every game. Wednesday was an unacceptable performance they know that. Performances up until Wednesday had 100% been improving.

Let's hope for a reaction tomorrow.