There was a coo

Just going back a few posts and the comments aimed at players during the game/s from the manager.

Some coaches are good coaches but awful managers.

Many coaches can work with any age group, however some coaches are great at youth level but can't translate that to an age group that might be able to challenge their perspective of the game, and they crumble in that environment.

And with the Cowden manager's previous record, and acriminous split from his last employees, it doesn't feel good to think that it was a misjudged appointment at the time - possibly out of desperation on both sides - and now Maurice, despite the handicaps of Cowden's current position (which incidentally has little to do with him where the club has ended up), it seems the 'boss' has been found out.

Hopefully the team can get over the line this season and not finish in those bottom two positions, and reevaluate things in the summer. Because despite the man's intentions to play a youthful and hungry side at the start of the season, if he treats his players like we've previously heard then the Coos are doomed if he stays beyond the end of the year

Edited by Drifter

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Kirk Broadfoot could still do a job at Championship level.

Bob McHugh?

That's me out of names but I don't claim to have a huge knowledge of the players at this level.

Both well past their prime, that’s why they’re playing non league football. 
Mchugh could only dream of being at Stewart and Hemmings level anyway, prime or not.

2 minutes ago, big al said:

Both well past their prime, that’s why they’re playing non league football. 
Mchugh could only dream of being at Stewart and Hemmings level anyway, prime or not.

Absolutely. Broadfoot played almost every Championship game for a decent ICT side last season though so could probably still do a job. 

4 minutes ago, big al said:

Possibly yeah. My dislike for him is maybe clouding my judgement 🤣

Just remembered, saw clubfoot this season for Broomhill at Cowden. He was ok in general play still, and I’m sure he scored a header?

It was Gary Fraser who caught the eye in that game though. Never getting a game in the Cowden championship side mind you. Half the reason he looked good was because of the  opposition!

Edited by big al

17 minutes ago, big al said:

Just remembered, saw clubfoot this season for Broomhill at Cowden. He was ok in general play still, and I’m sure he scored a header?

It was Gary Fraser who caught the eye in that game though. Never getting a game in the Cowden championship side mind you. Half the reason he looked good was because of the  opposition!

Depends on which Championship side. Gary Fraser gets in the team ahead of Declan Hughes or Sammy Stewart. 

14 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

At the start of the season a couple of my mates who are Cowden season ticket holders but like to watch a lot of non league football predicted more or less what has happened,

My biggest fear would be finishing second bottom, if the Highland side got promoted and club 42 was the south a second club would be relegated from the LL.

Maybe both the franchises in the Scottish League will go bust and save Cowden..

Spoiler

The franchises being L********n and FC E*******h although A*****e probably count too

I've been to a few Stirling Uni games this season (they often play on Sundays and I have nothing else to do!!)

Was at their home game against Broomhill. Stirling won 3-0. Comfortably. Broadfoot was 2nd best all game to the big number 9 up front for the Uni (alas, I don't know any of their names). 

So if Broadfoot could be considered Championship level then that lad would be worth a punt. And he wasn't their best player on that day.

38 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

I've been to a few Stirling Uni games this season (they often play on Sundays and I have nothing else to do!!)

Was at their home game against Broomhill. Stirling won 3-0. Comfortably. Broadfoot was 2nd best all game to the big number 9 up front for the Uni (alas, I don't know any of their names). 

So if Broadfoot could be considered Championship level then that lad would be worth a punt. And he wasn't their best player on that day.

The two big uni strikers were a right handful on Wednesday night was impressed with them both.

39 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Doesn’t make sense. Surely the worst thing that you can do is slag off your own players. Were there no directors there?

Even more bizarre that he only signed the boy two or three weeks ago. I am assuming he has the final say on player recruitment.

42 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Even more bizarre that he only signed the boy two or three weeks ago. I am assuming he has the final say on player recruitment.

I think the assistant manager has a bit of input in player recruitment as well, as he has been involved in lower leagues previously so knows abit more about some of the players than Ross will.

Of course the manager has the final say in signings. Don't think any manager at this level or even most levels would accept any different.

The player he signed who he told u have 2 mins or your off simply wasn't following instructions and what was worked on at training.

The club of course has a large squad so likely move one or two on. 

2 minutes ago, _FFC1876 said:

What’s the situation with LL relegation this season. Can someone explain it so a simpleton like me can understand? 😅

My understanding is that it’s pretty much like @monthecoo said;

One team will be relegated from the Lowland League, unless the Highland League team wins the overall play off against the bottom League 2 team, if that happens two teams will be relegated from the Lowland League.