There was a coo

Uni of Stirling far better than us. Like DD said above, they are almost like full time players. They were fitter and better.

No disrespect to the Uni team, but it is quite depressing being at Forthbank in the Lowland League compared to when we used to go there in League 2. Like watching a schools football match now. No turnstiles used, no tannoy, no catering, no ball boys. Not unexpected, but just shows how far we have fallen.

Sadly, most of our team just do not have the ability to play at this level. Awful touch and control and can't make simple passes. Some of them can't even read the game. Some think Mo Ro should go, but I don't really blame him. He looks as frustrated as us. We get what we can afford. We had no threat at all up front. We don't even create any chances.

As someone already stated, we should send Bisland back to D Utd. What on earth they see in him is beyond me. If we have players from Premier League clubs on loan, they should be comfortably better than most of the players in this league. If I was a neutral and was told that some players were on loan from Premier League clubs, I would without any doubt think they were in the Uni team, not ours.

Again, as already mentioned, why do we sit so deep? We are almost camped in our own half at times, even when the game is lost.

39 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

They might be fit but they aren’t footballers.

Tool. They always have a solid and well setup side.

Good to see fans realising the charlatan in charge is doing more damage each week. Plenty money found for new signings, none to get rid of the tube.

5 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Good to see fans realising the charlatan in charge is doing more damage each week. Plenty money found for new signings, none to get rid of the tube.

Agree Stirling Uni have always had a decent side at this level.

They have also had a good few of them stepping up to the SPFL over the years.

Mo isn't going anywhere let's be honest, no cash to make it happen. We'll get enough points to be safe but probably end up in the lower quarter of the table come end of season.

Stirling were a good side though but our game was honking on the night. There was no idea both on and off the park.

At the start of the season a couple of my mates who are Cowden season ticket holders but like to watch a lot of non league football predicted more or less what has happened,

My biggest fear would be finishing second bottom, if the Highland side got promoted and club 42 was the south a second club would be relegated from the LL.

Edited by cowdenbeath

It’s not because Stirling are so good it’s because we are so poor. Even the couple of games we have won could have gone either way.You could have written the post before the game.
We have had many good players on loan over the years, doesn’t seem to be working anymore.

The hunger and desire has disappeared from the lads. Never seen so many half hearted challenges last night only love and davo getting stuck in. We lost 85% of 50/50s 85% of headers. We are weak and lazy now it’s terrible to watch. 15 of us at hospitality on Saturday I wont be shy to voice my opinion in the correct manner of course.

4 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It’s not because Stirling are so good it’s because we are so poor. Even the couple of games we have won could have gone either way.You could have written the post before the game.
We have had many good players on loan over the years, doesn’t seem to be working anymore.

You're poor, absolutely. That doesn't make Stirling Uni a team with no footballers. Your comment screams the kind of snobby mentality that we still see at Berwick, where people can't accept that we're at the level we are anymore and that makes every defeat or error a disaster rather than a simple reality of where we are and football being football. Tranent went in to our Scottish Cup game heavy favourites and there were fans calling it a disgrace that we lost in the last minute with 10 men. People just jump to conclusions with no consideration of the reality.

Just because your club has been in higher leagues previously doesn't mean that the teams at this level are shite. Many clubs in this league would pump League 2 sides, many would compete. There are certainly good footballers at this level, many of whom could play much higher and choose not to for money, ease, whatever. There'll be a few in this league who'd improve the Cowden championship side of the past.

Stirling Uni are consistently competitive and certainly have been since Berwick arrived in the LL. It's one of the UK's best sport universities and they'll always attract capable players. I think one of the negatives of this league is playing sides with small supports etc, and the Uni sides are good examples of it. But while being a uni side, being a B Team or being a diddy club or whatever it is that creates a negative perception of a club might make you think they're a bit of a shit club, it doesn't mean any side has no right to beat the almighty Berwick, Shire or Cowdenbeath. 

16 hours ago, PELE said:

Some think Mo Ro should go, but I don't really blame him. He looks as frustrated as us. We get what we can afford.

I don't buy that. We are still paying decent wages to the players - yes, they are on less than last season's squad but will be on more than most of the players in the league, a lot of whom won't be getting paid at all. Our recruitment has been poor overall with a few decent signings scattered throughout. We could have got better value if Maurice hadn't signed an Under 20s side to begin with. To be fair, he acknowledged he needed experience and has started to bring that into the side.

56 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

The hunger and desire has disappeared from the lads. Never seen so many half hearted challenges last night only love and davo getting stuck in. We lost 85% of 50/50s 85% of headers. We are weak and lazy now it’s terrible to watch. 15 of us at hospitality on Saturday I wont be shy to voice my opinion in the correct manner of course.

One of Maurice's shouts at Carlos Lyon last night was "you're just a waste of space." That's not going to make players want to play for you. Is that how he talks to all the players?

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

You're poor, absolutely. That doesn't make Stirling Uni a team with no footballers. Your comment screams the kind of snobby mentality that we still see at Berwick, where people can't accept that we're at the level we are anymore and that makes every defeat or error a disaster rather than a simple reality of where we are and football being football. Tranent went in to our Scottish Cup game heavy favourites and there were fans calling it a disgrace that we lost in the last minute with 10 men. People just jump to conclusions with no consideration of the reality.

Just because your club has been in higher leagues previously doesn't mean that the teams at this level are shite. Many clubs in this league would pump League 2 sides, many would compete. There are certainly good footballers at this level, many of whom could play much higher and choose not to for money, ease, whatever. There'll be a few in this league who'd improve the Cowden championship side of the past.

Stirling Uni are consistently competitive and certainly have been since Berwick arrived in the LL. It's one of the UK's best sport universities and they'll always attract capable players. I think one of the negatives of this league is playing sides with small supports etc, and the Uni sides are good examples of it. But while being a uni side, being a B Team or being a diddy club or whatever it is that creates a negative perception of a club might make you think they're a bit of a shit club, it doesn't mean any side has no right to beat the almighty Berwick, Shire or Cowdenbeath. 

Nail on the head we are very much a Lowland League club now.

No point in clinging on to better times.

Like Berwick and Shire we just have to get on with our new level.

42 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I don't buy that. We are still paying decent wages to the players - yes, they are on less than last season's squad but will be on more than most of the players in the league, a lot of whom won't be getting paid at all. Our recruitment has been poor overall with a few decent signings scattered throughout. We could have got better value if Maurice hadn't signed an Under 20s side to begin with. To be fair, he acknowledged he needed experience and has started to bring that into the side.

One of Maurice's shouts at Carlos Lyon last night was "you're just a waste of space." That's not going to make players want to play for you. Is that how he talks to all the players?

Apart from the obvious ones like EK , Tranent, Broomhill  and Berwick who actually pays big money.

Have the feeling Spartans may have the luxury signing.

The Uni sides will be amateurs , can’t see the likes of Dalbeattie spending much while going by their squad it looks like the money guy has left Shire.

28 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Heard that to, it's unacceptable. He shouted at Alfie at the Gretna game "Alfie, you useless lanky ****". I was appalled honestly. You will not get the best performance out your employees speaking to them like that in any industry.

Your right in any job if you treat an employee like shit they won’t respect you and you won’t get the best out of them.

3 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

I’m in the incredible position of agreeing with your whole post.  Strange times indeed.