There was a coo

29 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Lost two poor goals in the first half., although a Gilmartin free kick flew in but the linesman ruled it out for someone who no one saw infringing the keeper.

Good second half Sinky made no mistake with his penalty plenty of power in it.

As the half went on we looked likely to get an equaliser with Gilmartin hitting the bar.

Aidens luck eventually changed and he scored in 89 minutes.

Two minutes later Mango headed home although he may have fouled Farrell.

Got caught out in 90+5 as everyone pressed forward and Tranent broke away to score against.

Farrell was then sent off as he gave the ref his opinion on Mangos earlier goal.

A harsh defeat and a draw would have been a fair outcome.

Sounds like game could have went either way then if decisions went our way.

Jack ruddy has a knock. Will likely have to source an emergency gk. Davo was the best player on the pitch when he came on. 

The players put in an unbelieveable shift and performance didnt deserve to lose but that's football. Looked a foul on gk for 3rd. Lost the 4th trying to chase game. We had a goal chopped off for offside when player never touched it and never interfered with play (strange). Hit the bar also. 

Thought the lads effort and desire and quality was good. A defeat yes but some positive things. Now we have to start picking points up in game like that. 

On 23/09/2022 at 19:32, big al said:

You may be right.

Personally, I don’t like him. He was standing up the back of the terrace 2/3 years ago , presumably to scout on loan players in the game. He was sniggering away like a wee gimp to his mates at a few of the Cowden fans going tonto at the ref/opposition. A swift warning and a few stares later he kept himself to himself. Ironic as he was a car crash at Cowden and thinks he can come to central and laugh at the locals

Definite cheap options at the DABS as they have severely overspent. I hope he’s sacked by the spring. 

To be fair, Maurice Ross is too and he's even allowed to come stand in the dugout

3 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

For the record Davidson was fine, if he plays like that every game he will be a big asset. Lost two shockingly bad goals but played a lot better second half.  People at Tranent very welcoming and even had a wee chat with Rie. Just knew Craig Barr was going to score.

Mango gave his all for Cowden and will do for Tranent. 
If his team mates last season had given the same effort, we wouldn’t be in the Lowland league.

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I hear that Ruddy has an injury.

Armstrong was going to go in goal but didn’t even have time to get the jersey on before the ref blew for time up!

In answer to a midweek question but some one Rie was there

Yes, I was.  I thought no one would notice me as I was wearing facemask like everyone in Japan against COVID.

22 minutes ago, big al said:

Does anyone know what happened to Kyle Miller, after all those years (10?) at Cowden?

Think he has just stopped playing. He really struggled over recent years but a shame that he has left without recognition after all the years service to the club.

50 minutes ago, big al said:

Does anyone know what happened to Kyle Miller, after all those years (10?) at Cowden?

Kyle wanted to take a break from football due to work and family commitments. He is a good lad and gave a lot to the club. Would have been nice to do something for him but usually that takes a committee to organise and as we all know the people running cowden day to day have a lot on their plate. 

Would not surprise me to see kyle pitch up somewhere in a few months as I know he will miss it. I know a couple clubs already tried to sign him.

2 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Kyle wanted to take a break from football due to work and family commitments. He is a good lad and gave a lot to the club. Would have been nice to do something for him but usually that takes a committee to organise and as we all know the people running cowden day to day have a lot on their plate. 

Would not surprise me to see kyle pitch up somewhere in a few months as I know he will miss it. I know a couple clubs already tried to sign him.

It’s a shame he never got a proper send off after 18 years at the club, 12 of them in the first team.

Really some going that to be at a club so long, most of his life!

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I recognised you😀 good to see your still supporting Nishy.

Yes, I am still supporting Nishy. I went to see games of Hibs youth teams since left Cowdenbeath until the first lockdown Mar 2020.

5 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
15 hours ago, Rie said:
Yes I was.  First football game since Mar 2020.

Great stuff, good to see you back.

But I do not think I can go to see next Cowdenbeath v Tranent J game, as I will be in Japan.

11 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Sounds like you deleted your comment when we were 2-0 down about Cowden being a team of disorganised and clueless young boys, with  Ross shouting meaningless instructions from the touch line. 

I think you have got me mixed up with someone else, I didn't post that?

That was somebody else that posted that. I noticed someone had taken their post down too

Think whoever posted it realised perhaps maybe their comments were harsh when the team managed to get the game back to two two.

Edited by Cowden316

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

I think you have got me mixed up with someone else, I didn't post that?

That was somebody else that posted that. I noticed someone had taken their post down too

Think whoever posted it realised perhaps maybe their comments were harsh when the team managed to get the game back to two two.

In that case  I owe you an apology and I’m sorry. Thought it was yourself but it was probably someone who was at the game. I will delete the post.