There was a coo

Quite pleased signing Davo. The squad has certainly improved since the start of the season.

I’m afraid you won’t be saying that after a couple of games. His legs have totally gone and offers nothing.

Brechin fans had been wanting him away for about a year.

3 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Correct, he has been done for a while. Very strange signing.

Let's face it. Anyone with any real ability is unlikely to sign for us (with the exception of Daniel Martins and the 2 keepers).

7 hours ago, PELE said:

Let's face it. Anyone with any real ability is unlikely to sign for us (with the exception of Daniel Martins and the 2 keepers).

Eh?. What a strange comment. So our team has no ability apart from Daniel Martin's and 2 gks is that what you are suggesting?.

I think the signings of late are showing an intent to improve the squad in certain areas. 2 lads who have played a lot of football at higher levels and will help on snd off the pitch. 

7 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Correct, he has been done for a while. Very strange signing.

He played 38 games last season I'm sure for brechin. The definition of done for me is a lad who plays pretty much zero.  The signing shows that the club want an experienced lad on and off the pitch. Will he play every week dont know.. but in terms of driving standards and being a leader we have found one of the best in the Lower leagues. He can still play and yes although he wont be as quick as he once was I'm sure he will manage games on the pitch really well in terms of positioning and winning 2nd balls being physical etc etc. 

Mon the cowden.

15 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

He played 38 games last season I'm sure for brechin. The definition of done for me is a lad who plays pretty much zero.  The signing shows that the club want an experienced lad on and off the pitch. Will he play every week dont know.. but in terms of driving standards and being a leader we have found one of the best in the Lower leagues. He can still play and yes although he wont be as quick as he once was I'm sure he will manage games on the pitch really well in terms of positioning and winning 2nd balls being physical etc etc. 

Mon the cowden.

If he played 38 games for Brechin last season for a team that finished 2nd in the HL, it doesn’t sound like done to me.  That’s an impressive number at any age.

They wouldn’t have played someone that often when pushing for promotion if he was not at the races.

Good luck to Iain. 

If he played 38 games for Brechin last season for a team that finished 2nd in the HL, it doesn’t sound like done to me.  That’s an impressive number at any age.
They wouldn’t have played someone that often when pushing for promotion if he was not at the races.
Good luck to Iain. 

Trust me, he should never have played that number of games and there wasn’t one Brechin supporter that wasn’t baffled by his inclusion every week. We are much better without him in the team.

Good luck to Iain. 

Brechin currently three points clear at the top of the Highland league not having dropped any points.
But as already stated, you never know.

18 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Looks like a sucker punch today from looking at the live updates.

Sounds like they done really well to get it all square in the 90th minute coming back from two nil down but conceding two goals in stoppage time disappointing.

GK sent off near the end and we didn’t seem to have a sub goalie ?

Lost two poor goals in the first half., although a Gilmartin free kick flew in but the linesman ruled it out for someone who no one saw infringing the keeper.

Good second half Sinky made no mistake with his penalty plenty of power in it.

As the half went on we looked likely to get an equaliser with Gilmartin hitting the bar.

Aidens luck eventually changed and he scored in 89 minutes.

Two minutes later Mango headed home although he may have fouled Farrell.

Got caught out in 90+5 as everyone pressed forward and Tranent broke away to score against.

Farrell was then sent off as he gave the ref his opinion on Mangos earlier goal.

A harsh defeat and a draw would have been a fair outcome.

4 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

GK sent off near the end and we didn’t seem to have a sub goalie ?

I hear that Ruddy has an injury.

Armstrong was going to go in goal but didn’t even have time to get the jersey on before the ref blew for time up!

In answer to a midweek question but some one Rie was there