There was a coo

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

In disbelief liam fox has managed to get the dundee utd gig permanently 🤣

It’s 5 years on since he was Cowden manager, far more experienced in coaching and management since then.

He was probably far too young and inexperienced to be a manager back then.

I can remember a young manager getting sacked after 4 months or so , his name Dick Campbell who has done not bad since then.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s 5 years on since he was Cowden manager, far more experienced in coaching and management since then.

I can remember a young manager getting sacked after 4 months or so , his name Dick Campbell who has done not bad since then.

Good point.

Fox's appointment at Cowdenbeath probably gave him a good foundation to learn from that experience.

Clearly it's went in favour for his development and fair play and good luck to him at Dundee Utd. Big club who are currently underachieving.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

You may be right.

Personally, I don’t like him. He was standing up the back of the terrace 2/3 years ago , presumably to scout on loan players in the game. He was sniggering away like a wee gimp to his mates at a few of the Cowden fans going tonto at the ref/opposition. A swift warning and a few stares later he kept himself to himself. Ironic as he was a car crash at Cowden and thinks he can come to central and laugh at the locals. 

Definite cheap options at the DABS as they have severely overspent. I hope he’s sacked by the spring. 

1 hour ago, big al said:

You may be right.

Personally, I don’t like him. He was standing up the back of the terrace 2/3 years ago , presumably to scout on loan players in the game. He was sniggering away like a wee gimp to his mates at a few of the Cowden fans going tonto at the ref/opposition. A swift warning and a few stares later he kept himself to himself. Ironic as he was a car crash at Cowden and thinks he can come to central and laugh at the locals. 

Definite cheap options at the DABS as they have severely overspent. I hope he’s sacked by the spring. 

Aye I wasn’t a fan of his😀

Your probably right a cheapskate appointment as shown with Stevie Crawford as his assistant.

1 hour ago, big al said:

You may be right.

Yeah. Utterly useless for us.

I like the statement from DUTD, "I have no doubt this coaching team will bring much-needed fresh and innovative coaching and game models to Dundee United". Really? They are talking about Fox and Crawford here. They will take them down, if they are there long enough that is.

7 minutes ago, PELE said:

Yeah. Utterly useless for us.

I like the statement from DUTD, "I have no doubt this coaching team will bring much-needed fresh and innovative coaching and game models to Dundee United". Really? They are talking about Fox and Crawford here. They will take them down, if they are there long enough that is.

Considering what happened with Fox we maybe should have given Colin Nish another year.

On 22/09/2022 at 09:20, Cowdenleith said:

Looking at Tranent Twitter, they don’t seem to advertise advance sales, so guess it is only pay at the gate. Regular adult admission seems to be £8 and £5 concessions.

Their wiki page suggests only 44 seats(!) which could well be taken by officials and maybe season tickets holders.    That might be less seats than even Bonnyrigg had last season. 😬

I've been to a few Belters games and the seats tend to be used by auld gadgies and folk with mobility problems rather than officials so I can't see any problems in getting one other than a suggestion you turn up early.

Incidentally you've reminded me of a Tranent v Meadowbank pre-season friendly 30 years ago. We'd just signed John Coughlin from Newtongrange Star and he was playing 

Anyway there was an old lad in a bunnet standing on the terracing and I thought "That's nice, an old gentleman watching his local team"

Coughlin put in a crunching tackle and out of the mouth of the sweet old gentleman came the words

"COUGHLIN YA BIG NEWTONGRANGE C*NT!"

22 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Considering what happened with Fox we maybe should have given Colin Nish another year.

I actually thought Nish was unlucky. I think with just a little bit of better luck he would have been ok.