There was a coo

Awful game. Thought we looked slightly more dangerous in the first half but didn’t take any of our chances. Fell out the game after half time and never looked like scoring. 

First game I’ve seen for a few weeks and it all feels the same, even the games we win we don’t look like much of a threat. 

Passed through our midfield far to easy. Bu defence won’t have an easier half than they did in the second. A player like jones is what would be ideal for us links the back to front well not scared to take players on. Bizarre from jamie todd during the boness celebration giving it the get it up you to us can’t remember us shouting a bad word towards him🤣 rattled me though give him that.

You have to take your chances when you get them.

Think Bo’ness had 3 efforts on target and scored from one it was all they needed.

Poor free kick to give away but Jones struck his effort well, also a good effort from him which Ruddy tipped over.

Once they scored Bo’ness were able to shut us out easy.

As mentioned don’t know what Tood’s gripe with us would be.

Fans never got on his back or anything.

I believe that to be considered a supporter you have to follow your team through thick and thin, so I will do so, but I have to say I'm sick of watching this shit Boness have a good keeper, and the number eight Jones looks decent, otherwise they are a very ordinary side, which is all they had to be to beat us. Several well respected football people said Maurice was a top coach and Cowden were really lucky to have him, but there's precious little evidence of it on the field. I've hardly missed a game and I have no idea what our structure is and our tactics are  other than boot the ball as hard as you can when it comes anywhere near you.

I thought we did ok first 30mins and unlucky not to be ahead. Really unfortunate with lob that came back off the post.

End of first and beginning of second we were poor. Love really struggles with lack of pace and Sinclair really stuggles with his touch. Right back from Dundee United had a difficult day.

Thought Carlos looked good and other than poor decision making leading to the free kick where Bo'ness took the lead Martins was ok beside Armstrong. Lucas tried to make things happen. Slaven could make a difference but seems to lack any urgency and was regularly offside.

New low for Cowden with Todd's reaction at the goal. An awful player for us and despite being part of the team that got us relegated he received no negative comments. Seriously lacks any decency. One thing he was decent at was high balls, can't believe we didn't get players to run at him and play balls in the channels.

Hopefully anyone who was in attendance at the game today places no blame on the club for the absolute tube from Bon'ess who shouted during the silence. Well done to his own supporters for their response. 

Really hoped for a run in the cup but not to be.

2 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

I thought we did ok first 30mins and unlucky not to be ahead. Really unfortunate with lob that came back off the post.

End of first and beginning of second we were poor. Love really struggles with lack of pace and Sinclair really stuggles with his touch. Right back from Dundee United had a difficult day.

Thought Carlos looked good and other than poor decision making leading to the free kick where Bo'ness took the lead Martins was ok beside Armstrong. Lucas tried to make things happen. Slaven could make a difference but seems to lack any urgency and was regularly offside.

New low for Cowden with Todd's reaction at the goal. An awful player for us and despite being part of the team that got us relegated he received no negative comments. Seriously lacks any decency. One thing he was decent at was high balls, can't believe we didn't get players to run at him and play balls in the channels.

Hopefully anyone who was in attendance at the game today places no blame on the club for the absolute tube from Bon'ess who shouted during the silence. Well done to his own supporters for their response. 

People from Boness don’t wear east fife tops but please continue to try and push this narrative if you like.

agree that Cowden should have been ahead first 20 mins and at this level you need to take your chances when on top. Thought Boness got to grips with the physicality of your front two after 25 mins and were the better team from then on. 

3 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

As on Bo’ness United thread assumptions being made that the minutes silence was disturbed by a Bo’ness fan. Completely incorrect as the clown apparently was an East Fife fan.Please get your facts correct before posting.

If you read my post, you will actually see that I was complimenting the Bo'ness supporters. I apologise if he was not a Bo'ness supporter but he  was certainly shouting for them before the silence. As said, no problems with Bo'ness fans other that the old guy with his wife at the front who gave the big get it right up you when you scored at a couple of OAPs and a young girl.

15 minutes ago, NewtonBU said:

People from Boness don’t wear east fife tops but please continue to try and push this narrative if you like.

agree that Cowden should have been ahead first 20 mins and at this level you need to take your chances when on top. Thought Boness got to grips with the physicality of your front two after 25 mins and were the better team from then on. 

You deserved to win.

"At this level" 🤔

5 minutes ago, NewtonBU said:

At this level?! Wow 😂

The first half hour we were the better team and certainly should have been ahead had it not been for the post and an excellent penalty save. Then we looked exactly like any Cowdenbeath side has looked for the previous few seasons where everyone loses their shit and can't manage the basics of playing football, with the ball being booted black and blue. No composure, no awareness and no confidence. Hopeless.

Jamie's GIRUY was baffling to say the least. f**k him. Just as culpable as most of the other players in the side that got us relegated. Hope his next shite is a hedgehog.

When the signing policy was announced whereby the route of bringing young players in was the way forward, I was really encouraged by this and welcomed it. I expected to see a few boys with great promise who maybe just needed a bit of luck and a run in a team. I'm not going to say this will apply to all of them, but this will be the highest level nearly every one of them will ever play and that's a sad reflection of where the club is now at.

Bo'ness weren't great and at least we made it fairly difficult for them to create good chances but we generally offered absolutely nothing going forward.

I continue to go and support in person but it saddens me to say my soul is elsewhere these days.

19 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

At this level?! Wow 😂

The first half hour we were the better team and certainly should have been ahead had it not been for the post and an excellent penalty save. Then we looked exactly like any Cowdenbeath side has looked for the previous few seasons where everyone loses their shit and can't manage the basics of playing football, with the ball being booted black and blue. No composure, no awareness and no confidence. Hopeless.

Jamie's GIRUY was baffling to say the least. f**k him. Just as culpable as most of the other players in the side that got us relegated. Hope his next shite is a hedgehog.

When the signing policy was announced whereby the route of bringing young players in was the way forward, I was really encouraged by this and welcomed it. I expected to see a few boys with great promise who maybe just needed a bit of luck and a run in a team. I'm not going to say this will apply to all of them, but this will be the highest level nearly every one of them will ever play and that's a sad reflection of where the club is now at.

Bo'ness weren't great and at least we made it fairly difficult for them to create good chances but we generally offered absolutely nothing going forward.

I continue to go and support in person but it saddens me to say my soul is elsewhere these days.

I’m not quite sure what you’ve taken offence at regarding my reference to this level. I was merely implying that generally there is very little between majority of LL teams and you need to score when you’re on top. Same applied to us playing Tranent, Broomhill and Spartans. Miss chances and you’ll more often than not be punished. Certainly wasn’t any slight on cowden as a club. Personally think you guys are a great addition to the league and was looking forward to today’s game. 

All the best for the season 

I've not taken offence, I just thought it was a pretty funny comment due to the fact this level is officially 'Diddy', but fair enough.

All the best to you guys too. The guy that scored the free kick is a tidy player who can probably play higher up the pyramid.

25 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

The guy that scored the free kick is a tidy player who can probably play higher up the pyramid.

Alassan-Jones when on his game is a Championship level player.  Shows a bit of inconsistency which is why he has dropped down the leagues.   That's another cracking free kick to add to his collection.