There was a coo

6 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

That's twice where a midweek crowd has beaten the next Saturday attendance. Food for thought perhaps?  Less competition with other matches, youth football, visits to IKEA and so on. Interesting.

Kelty, East Fife & Rovers all at home today. Maybe the 20 or 30 or so curious, neutral, nothing else to do had their own games to go to. 

6 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Kelty, East Fife & Rovers all at home today. Maybe the 20 or 30 or so curious, neutral, nothing else to do had their own games to go to. 

Also a Scottish  Cup replay at Hill of Beath which would have picked up a lot of the neutral floating fans. I know 2 folk who were at our midweek game who were at the Haws, 1 who would have been at Kelty as he supports them,

Sometimes midweek games can be a good thing crowd wise as a lot of folk just want to take in a game.

Also Uni had some fans where as I didn't see any Gretna today.

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Gretna manager officially away. The last 2 games I have seen Gretna their manager has left after the game. I was at a game at Kelty in 2019 when their manager got sacked after the game.

For some reason getting hosed (not in the dictionary and a "Really poor use of the Queen’s English")  by the Blue Brazil has been the death knell for a number of managers over the years.

Well done to the players and management for putting 2 good results together under a bit of pressure. I was shocked at some comments after the edi uni game eg they had chances and we weren't great etc etc. We won 3 nil and as today proved with edi uni beating east kilbride who have spent a LOT of money on their players it shows this is a difficult league and anyone can beat any1 I thought at time comments for our win against uni team were harsh.

Anyhow 2 good results and 2 clean sheets. Miles of improvement left in this group but they know that so wont get carried away. 

Good few training sessions now for the group before a massive scottish cup tie against boness who are a right good team with good players.

Would be gr8 to get through the round from a financial aspect as much as anything.

Well done to the fans who were excellent and encouraging. It's very important.

Mon the cowden.

Well done to the players and management for putting 2 good results together under a bit of pressure. I was shocked at some comments after the edi uni game eg they had chances and we weren't great etc etc. We won 3 nil and as today proved with edi uni beating east kilbride who have spent a LOT of money on their players it shows this is a difficult league and anyone can beat any1 I thought at time comments for our win against uni team were harsh.
Anyhow 2 good results and 2 clean sheets. Miles of improvement left in this group but they know that so wont get carried away. 
Good few training sessions now for the group before a massive scottish cup tie against boness who are a right good team with good players.
Would be gr8 to get through the round from a financial aspect as much as anything.
Well done to the fans who were excellent and encouraging. It's very important.
Mon the cowden.

I’m not getting excited by beating two out of three teams who were absolute dogshit and if they took any of their chances could be leaving with points. The last two games had keeper howlers at important times in the match.

I agree it’s two good results and that there’s miles of improvement but it’s a hard watch and I don’t bank on any more points coming to Central Park until we play any of the last 3 league opponents next time round.

I would be stunned but delighted if Cowden are still in the draw* in a couple of weeks.

* give Bo’ness a pasting

3 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

I’m not getting excited by beating two out of three teams who were absolute dogshit and if they took any of their chances could be leaving with points. The last two games had keeper howlers at important times in the match.

I agree it’s two good results and that there’s miles of improvement but it’s a hard watch and I don’t bank on any more points coming to Central Park until we play any of the last 3 league opponents next time round.

I would be stunned but delighted if Cowden are still in the draw* in a couple of weeks.

* give Bo’ness a pasting

Nice positive attitude pal. So the horseshit team edi uni beat east kilbride..?.  Of course you are entitled to your opinion but sounds a bit harsh. 

Gk made errors yes but we were winning both games at the time of the mistakes. Yes teams had chances but if they didnt take them that's their fault. We shouldn't give away as much chances as we do but hopefully that will come too eg more solid.

There was some good play today and other night as well as some real sloppy stuff.

Anyhow going into the game against boness is better with 2 wins than losing or drawing.

I'm fairly confident this group will win games outwith the bottom 3 dogshit teams as you would say.

22 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

* give Bo’ness a pasting

That's the spirit. Nice and positive.

47 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

* give Bo’ness a pasting

I agree. It is great that we are capable of beating teams like Edinburgh Uni and Gretna and it is great to be positive, but let's get real here. We are poor. I said the same today, we will more than likely not beat any other teams above us. Some of the players are nowhere near good enough. Some people disagreed when I said Edinburgh Uni looked a better team than us. They obviously took their chances against EK. I like Maurice Ross and hope he gets the team playing the way he wants them to. It can't be easy when some of the players you want to sign knock you back. You can see by the way he reacts on the sidelines that he gets frustrated too.

Sadly, I think normal service will resume in a few weeks when Bo'ness comfortably knock us out of the cup. I hope not, but I haven't seen anything lately to make me think otherwise. We have just played the three easiest games we will have all season. You can only hope that 2 wins might give the team a boost and they raise their game.

Seems a bit crazy, but our season is effectively over in terms of relegation or promotion. Highly unlikely that Dalbeatie will catch us now (that's if there even is any relegation this season) and we aren't going to trouble the top few teams. The team should be able to play with more freedom now and take risks. I don't mind players making mistakes. I would rather they take risks and make a mess of it than play safe. I still think we sit too deep though and need to push forward more, especially when we are a few goals up. There were times today when Gretna had acres of space when taking throw ins, sometimes even in our half.

Not sure I agree with Wullie & Pele in totality. What I saw today was a well organized team that grew into the game and were comfortable by the end. The defence and goalkeeping were excellent. There are clearly some problem positions. Right back for instance. Bisland had some issues today (and Thomson by all accounts against Edin Uni). Weekes at left mid was physically ineffective and folk tended  to get rid of the ball too quickly and aimlessly. We did, on occasion, play the ball on the deck and looked decent but I'm not sure the forward line won a ball in the air that was hoofed up too on many occasions. I do think we are within a couple of the additions of the right kind of player, mainly in midfield, of showing signs of  a potentially decent side based on today.

Edited by ronaldincoo

Games about opinions however winning 2 games in a row 3 nil and still having negativity is strange to me.

Of course there is issues and improvement and yes the better teams in the league we will have to sharpen up on things. 

I see a team out there who has a great spirit and desire something I believe may have been lacking in the past.

I just feel we are one bad result or performance from them being slated and an i told you so attitude which is a bit unfair. We will lose games and have bad performances thats football. Dont get too high when we win and dont get too low when we lose.

I think ronaldincoo makes some good points. Stuart love was missing today and 2 attacking options were injured today also aikenhemze and cammy graham.

Jack ruddy went off with a bad dead leg hopefully be back for boness. Alfie shouldn't be too bad and again hopefully back for boness game.

3 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Games about opinions however winning 2 games in a row 3 nil and still having negativity is strange to me.

Of course there is issues and improvement and yes the better teams in the league we will have to sharpen up on things. 

I see a team out there who has a great spirit and desire something I believe may have been lacking in the past.

I just feel we are one bad result or performance from them being slated and an i told you so attitude which is a bit unfair. We will lose games and have bad performances thats football. Dont get too high when we win and dont get too low when we lose.

I think ronaldincoo makes some good points. Stuart love was missing today and 2 attacking options were injured today also aikenhemze and cammy graham.

Jack ruddy went off with a bad dead leg hopefully be back for boness. Alfie shouldn't be too bad and again hopefully back for boness game.

Did you get your ball back from the gretna bench🤣

Looked a good game from the highlights,plenty of chances for both sides. Lovely free kick from Sinclair.

A couple of excellent saves from Danny Farrell, the lad has impressed me each time I have seen him, I was a bit surprised when Ruddy was brought in, and immediately seem to go above him in the pecking order.