There was a coo

43 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Fairly enjoying my cowden free weekend😂 hope mo’s had the boys in for a session this morning before Tuesday 

Kinda boring though and it’s a nice day for fitba.

Took a wee jaunt down to Peebles and watching Rovers play Tweedmouth, good game.

Well, the teams all round us in the league got beaten today, some heavily.

Tuesday’s opponents, Edinburgh Uni, got horsed 6-0 at home by the team that beat Cowden 2-0 at home last weekend.

It makes our game on Tuesday a must win really, not technically of course, just from a morale point of view.  A win with style would be nice, but I’ll take a last minute rebound off their goalie’s arse if that’s what it takes.

54 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Well, the teams all round us in the league got beaten today, some heavily.

Tuesday’s opponents, Edinburgh Uni, got horsed 6-0 at home by the team that beat Cowden 2-0 at home last weekend.

It makes our game on Tuesday a must win really, not technically of course, just from a morale point of view.  A win with style would be nice, but I’ll take a last minute rebound off their goalie’s arse if that’s what it takes.

Is the Edinburgh Uni game on Tuesday at home?

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah it is, 7.45.

Be good if the club could try and get a bit of publicity going for it and drag a few people out their houses/the pub.  Weather forecast looks decent enough.

Perfect cheers, should make that. 
No champions league yet as well although EPL on BT Sports will sadly keep the brainwashed away from attending. 

6 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Kinda boring though and it’s a nice day for fitba.

Took a wee jaunt down to Peebles and watching Rovers play Tweedmouth, good game.

I was at Leith last night and Spartans today, really enjoyed these games which I can’t really say about any of ours in a long time.

Two good teams today Spartans and EK.

2 hours ago, big al said:

Perfect cheers, should make that. 
No champions league yet as well although EPL on BT Sports will sadly keep the brainwashed away from attending. 

Another side without away fans although season ticket holders should keep it at a reasonable crowd.

Being honest not much to attract the neutral fan.

41 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was at Leith last night and Spartans today, really enjoyed these games which I can’t really say about any of ours in a long time.

Two good teams today Spartans and EK.

Was that Leith Athletic at Meadowbank? What sort of crowd are they attracting?

3 Lowland League games kicking off at 3pm in Edinburgh today at Spartans, Civil Service and Edinburgh Uni, and we headed down to Peebles to watch a game. 😆

51 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Another side without away fans although season ticket holders should keep it at a reasonable crowd.

Just hope there might be some random reason for a bigger crowd like the midweek game against Open Goal.

Maybe the chance of seeing some goals? Edinburgh Uni have shipped a startling 31 goals in 8 league games, we have to get at them from the first minute and break their spirit early.

I’m looking forward to Tuesday, working from home as usual, 4 o’clock finish, away sharp to battle traffic to the Forth Bridge then hopefully time for a bite to eat once we hit Fife.  

12 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Was that Leith Athletic at Meadowbank? What sort of crowd are they attracting?

3 Lowland League games kicking off at 3pm in Edinburgh today at Spartans, Civil Service and Edinburgh Uni, and we headed down to Peebles to watch a game. 😆

Aye Leith at Meadowbank crowd was 111, decent for them probably helped being on the Friday.

12 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just hope there might be some random reason for a bigger crowd like the midweek game against Open Goal.

Maybe the chance of seeing some goals? Edinburgh Uni have shipped a startling 31 goals in 8 league games, we have to get at them from the first minute and break their spirit early.

I’m looking forward to Tuesday, working from home as usual, 4 o’clock finish, away sharp to battle traffic to the Forth Bridge then hopefully time for a bite to eat once we hit Fife.  

Uni always struggle early season as a lot of their players arn’t back for the new term.

Ticket bought for Tuesdays game. First game I will have attended at CP for some time as a relied on the quality live streams to see matches last season. 
Looking forward to it but also very apprehensive as well. Horrible to see Cowden in this situation but if I’m going to moan about it I may as well witness the horror for myself ;) . 

Edited by Only coo in the village

8 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Ticket bought for Tuesdays game. First game I will have attended at CP for some time as a relied on the quality live streams to see matches last season. 
Looking forward to it but also very apprehensive as well. Horrible to see Cowden in this situation but if I’m going to moan about it I may as well witness the horror for myself ;) . 

Great to hear, hopefully get a bit of a rally round of fans for tomorrow and a respectable  turnout.  I’ll get our 3 bought today online.

Edited by Cowdenleith

On 27/08/2022 at 22:26, cowdenbeath said:

19 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye Leith at Meadowbank crowd was 111, decent for them probably helped being on the Friday.

Which was only 3 less than you got on a Saturday afternoon.

You can't rely on the away fans coin when you're struggling to get numbers through the gates yourselves. 

A couple of high and mighty posts C, maybes the club should look to trial into the Friday night market as well? 

Reading through these posts times look desperate which is sad to see so might at least be worth a try or do you only have the lease for the Saturday afternoon where you're hardly made the most welcome when the stock cars are on? 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Which was only 3 less than you got on a Saturday afternoon.

You can't rely on the away fans coin when you're struggling to get numbers through the gates yourselves. 

A couple of high and mighty posts C, maybes the club should look to trial into the Friday night market as well? 

Reading through these posts times look desperate which is sad to see so might at least be worth a try or do you only have the lease for the Saturday afternoon where you're hardly made the most welcome when the stock cars are on? 

I’m far from high and mighty I only pointed out the Leith crowd as the guy asked I know fine well they only had 3 less than Cowdenbeath.

Leith probably got a wee boost from a few Friday night neutrals no idea what the get on a Saturday, I’ll go some Saturday to find out.

Re about Uni having no away fans to speak off I was more thinking that the Cowden record this season wouldn’t do much for a decent crowd.

Imagine season tickets would stop it from being too embarrassing.

To be honest the only games I enjoy these days are random neutral ones, Cowden games are a waste of time if your looking to enjoy your 90 minutes,

2 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

For the online tickets,is there a cut off time you have to buy them by?

You can buy them right up to kick off, but I think it takes 5 or 10 minutes for them to register so that the barcode scans when you are at the turnstile.