There was a coo

22 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Cowden five times. Stenny the only club never to have won a league title.

Cowden five times Stenny nane would probably work better as a mantra to be repeated to some rhythmic music and burning incense. Bo'ness FC (one of the two clubs that became United) won the second division in 1926-27 so it's kind of pathetic that Stenny have never managed something like that given how many more opportunities they have had over the years.

Sadly I've been away since the Open Goal game so haven't had the ability to tell much from the team, apart from what what goes on here and the match highlights.

Apart from the Dalbeattie game and the Cumbernauld one (and to be fair I don't overly care about these cup results this season) the weekend past. I don't think many of us expected to be anywhere else than where we are. We played well against Celtic B and if, not for a glaring miss and a poor/incorrect red card, could have walked away from something there. We pushed Rangers B all the way, despite it being highlighted how much they spent over the summer on players. A point against Hearts B, after they trounced Berwick, came as a suprise to me at least.

It must be horrendous for a young team like ours losing 3 goals in seven competitive games (eight including East Fife) and surely has affected their confidence going into these winnable games. As pointed out by Nelly, the club just don't have the draw to bring in the experienced players we need to make a real stab of it this year and to keep heads from falling on this run. We might look back at the end of the season and say it was the wrong decision but at least we are trying something different and in my opinion going to take longer than the end of August for that to become apparent. 

I know I have a much larger breaking point with working away and it gets harder and harder each season.  But, if there's a time to rally round it's now. From the board, to the volunteers, to every single one of us getting our season tickets, match day tickets, programmes and scarves. We should all be proud of what we've put in. Let's not throw the towel in when we've reached the top of the hill with the hard games behind us and hopefully one day we'll be pointing at the heavens trying to spot a helicopter 🇧🇷

Edited by sailorcowden

49 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:

Sadly I've been away since the Open Goal game so haven't had the ability to tell much from the team, apart from what what goes on here and the match highlights.

Apart from the Dalbeattie game and the Cumbernauld one (and to be fair I don't overly care about these cup results this season) the weekend past. I don't think many of us expected to be anywhere else than where we are. We played well against Celtic B and if, not for a glaring miss and a poor/incorrect red card, could have walked away from something there. We pushed Rangers B all the way, despite it being highlighted how much they spent over the summer on players. A point against Hearts B, after they trounced Berwick, came as a suprise to me at least.

It must be horrendous for a young team like ours losing 3 goals in seven competitive games (eight including East Fife) and surely has affected their confidence going into these winnable games. As pointed out by Nelly, the club just don't have the draw to bring in the experienced players we need to make a real stab of it this year and to keep heads from falling on this run. We might look back at the end of the season and say it was the wrong decision but at least we are trying something different and in my opinion going to take longer than the end of August for that to become apparent. 

I know I have a much larger breaking point with working away and it gets harder and harder each season.  But, if there's a time to rally round it's now. From the board, to the volunteers, to every single one of us getting our season tickets, match day tickets, programmes and scarves. We should all be proud of what we've put in. Let's not throw the towel in when we've reached the top of the hill with the hard games behind us and hopefully one day we'll be pointing at the heavens trying to spot a helicopter 🇧🇷

Great points made.

Good article online from central fife times about the team. Maurice saying Saturday was horrendous and players will feel it in training this week. He’s also suggested at moving a few players on which is crazy after a matter of months but quite right not going to be easy to do though if players have a contract for the year. Also looking at boys coming in so here’s hoping for improvement but I’m aware moneys tight and tough to attract players to a club lurking at the bottom.

Other clubs getting relegated from League Two would maybe take a totally different approach to relegation than Cowdenbeath have.
The leagues not the problem in their case.
I'm sorry but every team that has been relegated from league 2 has struggled to get into the top 5 (imaginary playoff place) the following season.

7 hours ago, foreverarover said:
On 21/08/2022 at 10:06, cowdenbeath said:
Other clubs getting relegated from League Two would maybe take a totally different approach to relegation than Cowdenbeath have.
The leagues not the problem in their case.

I'm sorry but every team that has been relegated from league 2 has struggled to get into the top 5 (imaginary playoff place) the following season.

Maybe in the Lowland but Brechin gave a good shot of it in the Highland League last season and this one.

They will be the one who comes back, can’t see the 3 in the Lowland League doing so.

Didn’t the Shire do well in their early seasons sure they would have been top five then.

Edited to add

Shire were runner up in their first season behind a good EK side and 4th the next.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Shire were runner up in their first season behind a good EK side and 4th the next.

The league's changed quite a bit since 2016-17. VoL, WW, Hawick, Preston, Selkirk are all gone. Those that still exist are going to be bouncing around the lower EoS divisions for a while if they don't sink to the bottom and stay like Hawick appear to be doing.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The league's changed quite a bit since 2016-17. VoL, WW, Hawick, Preston, Selkirk are all gone. Those that still exist are going to be bouncing around the lower EoS divisions for a while if they don't sink to the bottom and stay like Hawick appear to be doing.

Aye that was Shires best chance to get back.

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Fort William are really a cluckfest, think the only folk who bother about them are some sad sacks on social media.

Shafted by the Highland League Blazers tho, did everything in their power to do Fort Williams legs.

Thought the HL had more integrity than the LL blazers but seems all the same power crazy scumbags really.

18 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Shafted by the Highland League Blazers tho, did everything in their power to do Fort Williams legs.

Thought the HL had more integrity than the LL blazers but seems all the same power crazy scumbags really.

Wait, have we actually found someone who believes the woe is us act from fort William?

Edited by parsforlife

12 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

no they werent,fort williams problems were brought about by fort william,theyre an absolute circus

On 23/08/2022 at 20:48, The_Pit_Owns said:

John Herron? He can only have played about 3 games for us before getting injured - was it at Dumbarton?

Aye John Herron played 5 games in the season we got relegated from the championship.

Edited by cowdenbeath