There was a coo

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

It's fair to say that the last few years have been excruciating for us Cowden fans.  It feels like a life time ago we were thrashing Dunfermline at East End!

I must confess to being less invested in the club this season.  I've a 1 year old son, just bought a new house and not having matches up North this season has made me feel very disconnected to the team and the club.  It must be horrendous to be watching these 'kids' getting thumped each week.

I've always been a big backer of Maurice.  I was at a bounce match in Dundee last Christmas not long after he started and he was quite a fascinating watch.  So invested in the game, constantly looking for ways to change and improve the game.  Total moaner as well and very blunt in his analysis so I can imagine what he is like with senior players that he disagrees with.

However so far this season the results have been unacceptable.  We've not been helped with injuries.  Scott Sinclair getting his toe broken early in the season means he's not as sharp as he could be for example.  We can't afford to sack him so it's about making good with what we have.

The most soul destroying thing for me currently is reading the Facebook comments after we get beat.  The number of people who say the board have given up just infuriates me.  We've had a director bloody cleaning the main stand to help save on cleaning costs FFS!

The fb thing does my head in too especially reading comments from people who come to the "big" games  or comments like jesus not that long ago we played rangers and hearts who cares that was years ago we cant look back only forward.. I far rather engage with fans on here as  i know they are the season ticket holders/blue brazil lottery people/sponsors etc etc etc. I think by being transparent on here with people is healthy rather than he said she said.  We may not agree for example the players brought in or even manager or the standard of the pies but at least its a forum for our true fans and lifeblood to get engaged. I wish there was more of this and perhaps through time there can be.

Btw there are genuine fans on fb too (just pointing that out) and a lot of fans are pissed off and rightly so. I would simply urge you to keep backing as much as you can as it is important believe me. 

MTC

9 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
31 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Cowden five times. Stenny the only club never to have won a league title.

If that gives you guys solace just now then fair play, yous deserve some.

Solace I'm taking are the umbro home & away shirts this season are both cracking. 

38 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Well you asked numbnuts.

I never asked anything actually, but we move on.

Nobody really gives a crap what you think, so yeah move on as in to your own part of the forum would be ideal all round. 

The fixture list for September looks really bare after a bit of a crazy period.

10 September looks to be a South Challenge Cup weekend, wonder if there is any chance we could reschedule one of the midweek fixtures from later in the season if there are any teams that are also out the cup.

Looks like most clubs are still involved in the Cup though Open Goal also got knocked out and we are due through there midweek in December. Not sure if any others.

Anyone know what 17 September is reserved for, no fixtures showing for then either?

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

The fixture list for September looks really bare after a bit of a crazy period.

10 September looks to be a South Challenge Cup weekend, wonder if there is any chance we could reschedule one of the midweek fixtures from later in the season if there are any teams that are also out the cup.

Looks like most clubs are still involved in the Cup though Open Goal also got knocked out and we are due through there midweek in December. Not sure if any others.

Anyone know what 17 September is reserved for, no fixtures showing for then either?

17/09 Scottish Cup first Round. It hasn't been drawn yet as the Prelim is this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Bloody hell, so it is, a stage earlier than last year of course. Wonder what delights await us? 🤔😆

All the HL, LL, with Jeanfield Swifts & Tynecastle who received byes.

Then there's a few predictable on paper ties in the Prelims.

• Auchinleck Talbot v Coldstream
  • Broxburn Athletic v Blackburn United
  • Burntisland Shipyard v Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
  • Carnoustie Panmure v Hawick Royal Albert
  • Clydebank v Bonnyton Thistle
  • Dalkeith Thistle v Lochee United
  • Drumchapel United  Easthouses Lily MWFC
  • Dundonald Bluebell v Tayport
  • Fort William v Benburb
  • Glasgow University v Golspie Sutherland
  • Haddington Athletic v Darvel
  • Invergordon v Newtongrange Star
  • Irvine Meadow v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
  • Linlithgow Rose v St. Cuthbert Wanderers
  • Penicuik Athletic v Musselburgh Athletic
  • Pollok v Girvan
  • Preston Athletic v Newton Stewart
  • Rutherglen Glencairn v Kilwinning Rangers
  • Sauchie Juniors v St. Andrews United
  • Syngenta v Threave Rovers
  • Tower Hearts v Cumnock
  • Vale of Leithen v Dunbar United
  • Whitehill Welfare v Camelon Juniors
  • Wigtown & Bladnoch v Dunipace

With how the season has gone so far. I'd be hoping for a favourable draw. Should find out over the weekend.

51 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

I’m looking forward to entering the scottish cup a round earlier than usual a real chance for a cracking away day but knowing our luck we’ll get fellow lowland league side at home. Highland league team thats not the top 4 away for me please.

as im out of the country that weekend we'll get clach,nairn or forres away

Nobody really gives a crap what you think, so yeah move on as in to your own part of the forum would be ideal all round. 

I know It's tough for you guys just now, I won't take the tone of your message personally Al. Take it easy mucker.

Doesn’t matter who it is we will lose anyway. By my reckoning 4 of last 6 seasons we lost to teams at least lowland league or lower while in SPFL and we are way more shit now so have no expectation other than losing that and having even more free Saturdays coming up.

I don’t doubt for a second that everyone is knocking their pan in behind the scenes to try and improve things but every other club has people probably doing the same. They all deserve a medal.

13 hours ago, wulliemc said:

Doesn’t matter who it is we will lose anyway. By my reckoning 4 of last 6 seasons we lost to teams at least lowland league or lower while in SPFL and we are way more shit now so have no expectation other than losing that and having even more free Saturdays coming up.

I don’t doubt for a second that everyone is knocking their pan in behind the scenes to try and improve things but every other club has people probably doing the same. They all deserve a medal.

In recent times Cowden have lost to Strollers, Broxburn and EK in the Scottish Cup.

Beat Wick Academy.

11 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

& NO REPLAYS EITHER 😭👎. SFA  CANT HAVE A TIER ONE TEAM HAVING TO TRAVEL A LONG DISTANCE &N PALY AN AFTERNOON MID WEEK KICK OFF ! DISRUPT THEIR TRAING SCHEDULE. 

I AGREE WITH NO REPLAYS FOR ALL ROUNDS THIS SEASON.    MORE CHANCE OF AN UPSET.