There was a coo

I must admit it's sad to see old rivals in such a mess. When I saw Cowden play Airdrie I thought an OK- if not promotion challenging- season beckoned. There are one or two tidy youngsters in the team.

However things have gone south very quickly since that afternoon. A traumatic relegation like last season's can leave a big hangover for a long time.

Very obvious now that Maurice Ross is not the answer. Talks a good game and his sides play nice football but are wanting both in goalscoring (Cowden have always had little visible goal threat in the last 12-18 months) and a string vest of a defensive line, also lacking in physicality and the ugly side of the game. However, I assume there is no money to pay off Ross and as this is meant to be his re-set job after the trouble he caused himself at Notts County, little chance of him walking away. Whenever he does leave a Gary Jardine-type will be required.

The existential problems the club faces- deadening local apathy, a small and exhausted band of diehards doing all the work, paying through the nose to rent a crumbling / decaying ground- will take vision and a generation to fix, probably. I cannot see that you could do any worse renting Kelty's park for 2-3 seasons whilst trying to progress a community focused sports facility- or perhaps entering into a ground share with the Haws and helping to make further improvements at that park. Without control of the ground and revenue streams Cowden are a badge, Lowland league membership, a few umbro strips and a dozen and a half players no one else wants. You can't build on that, merely exist for the sake of existing.

I'm not saying this to be snide- Montrose fans lived that reality at the bottom of league 2 for twenty years and had our own brush with the exit in 2015. I understand things look very bleak now but those of you who still go more often than not are the club's hardcore on which you have to try and build up again.  I hope things turn for the better soon.

5 hours ago, big al said:

Agree with all of this. The people of the town don’t care. A few hardy souls give their life’s to the club. The town don’t deserve their efforts or a football team. 

More than a few really do care Al. Yesterday was my first visit to Central Park this season. I saw the pre game  host of very young boys and girls in Cowden shirts, all shouting and chanting for the Blue Brazil. Their parents obviously do care.  I know and will continue my support for the dedicated people in the Central Park Community Trust who help with the organisation of the  local youth clubs.  It was very encouraging to observe the future in action.

Keep the faith.

9 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

More than a few really do care Al. Yesterday was my first visit to Central Park this season. I saw the pre game  host of very young boys and girls in Cowden shirts, all shouting and chanting for the Blue Brazil. Their parents obviously do care.  I know and will continue my support for the dedicated people in the Central Park Community Trust who help with the organisation of the  local youth clubs.  It was very encouraging to observe the future in action.

Keep the faith.

The community trust has been a real positive. The work that is being done is brillaint for youngsters in the local community. Seeing the children at the games is amazing. Let's get them on the park at half time playing some mini games and keep the momentum moving forward. Well done to Dean, Tom and all the many others involved. The children were all extremely enthusiastic buying keyrings etc before the game which was also an added bonus.

This is the future of our club!

Edited by silkybeath

17 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Ha ha, I hadn’t seen that until you mentioned it. Maybe Berwick-the-clearly-quite-beatable can come on to give us a report.

And at the same time Vomit 90 could let us know how good the now bottom of the table Stenhousemuir are doing.

I don't support Berwick, I support whoever is playing Cowdenbeath FC. I'm glad that you can use the biggest club in the Lowland League as a distraction from your own side's failure though.

17 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

15 games without a win now. Maurice has to go.

No signs of improvement and the multiple subs at half time in the last two games show he got the line up wrong to start the games.

It's not working.

15 winless and a crowd of 114. I almost felt sorry for Cowden when reading those. Ross has proven himself to be a joke of a human, let alone manager. It is absolutely unbelievable Cowden fans aren't vehemently calling for his head. He's clearly completely out of his depth and doing his level best to try kill the club. He literally could not have done a worse job at Cowdenbeath - I don't think there are any positives at this point. Why are you lot settling for it? You want solutions, start by getting rid of that fucking clown.

16 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I get what you are saying but would there be any point paying £x to pay off the manager, if the man coming in had similar to work with player wise? Would seem unlikely that anyone else would have access to players who want to come here on a shoestring budget (if there is even scope to add anymore contracts to the payroll).

How thick can you be. Yes, there's absolutely a point. You're quickly getting embroiled in a LL relegation battle. It's embarrassing, your fans are defeated, you're employing a complete bellend as manager, he's doing a completely shite job, he hasn't a clue how to get the most from his squad or how to set them up, and I'm sorry but all this bollocks about '30% budget cuts' is no excuse at all. Cowden's budget still completely dwarfs several teams who are completely outperforming them, who aren't managed by complete muppets, who make their side competitive. You have plenty of shite in your squad, but a decent manager can at least set yous up to be hard to beat. Spending money to shift that melt now and getting someone in who can make sure you're safe and can regroup will be a far better investment than paying him a wage, I can gurantee that.

12 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

At least Berwick the Unbeatable's Gas is at a peep:oops

Saturday night and I'm in your head. So tasty.

Edited by berwick-the-unbeatable

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Fitbaw can be a bitch.  Just need to keep looking forward and accept you are where you are.

We accepted where we are. We are not big time Charlie’s who think we shouldn’t be in the Lowland League. We are also struggling to look forward with the dreadful stuff being served up at the moment. No one I spoke to thought we would win the Lowland league this season with the squad we had last year. However before a player was signed I hoped we would at least be competitive with most teams in the league. This however is now apparently a pipe dream.  I have been watching football for 50 years and this Cowdenbeath team are unmeasurably worse than any Cowdenbeath team I have seen in these 50+ years. That’s the reality. 

3 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

I don't support Berwick, I support whoever is playing Cowdenbeath FC. I'm glad that you can use the biggest club bin the Lowland League as a distraction from your own side's failure though.

15 winless and a crowd of 114. I almost felt sorry for Cowden when reading those. Ross has proven himself to be a joke of a human, let alone manager. It is absolutely unbelievable Cowden fans aren't vehemently calling for his head. He's clearly completely out of his depth and doing his level best to try kill the club. He literally could not have done a worse job at Cowdenbeath - I don't think there are any positives at this point. Why are you lot settling for it? You want solutions, start by getting rid of that fucking clown.

How thick can you be. Yes, there's absolutely a point. You're quickly getting embroiled in a LL relegation battle. It's embarrassing, your fans are defeated, you're employing an complete bellend as manager, he's doing a completely shite job, he hasn't a clue how to get the most from his squad or how to set them up, and I'm sorry but all this bollocks about '30% budget cuts' is no excuse at all. Cowden's budget still completely dwarfs several teams who are completely outperforming them, who aren't managed by complete muppets, who make their side competitive. You have plenty of shite in your squad, but a decent manager can at least set yous up to be hard to beat. Spending money to shift that melt now and getting someone in who can make sure you're safe and can regroup will be a far better investment than paying him a wage, I can gurantee that.

Given up on Berwick then?  Lots of drivel but no mention of yesterday's  result.:oops

4 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

How thick can you be. Yes, there's absolutely a point. You're quickly getting embroiled in a LL relegation battle. It's embarrassing, your fans are defeated, you're employing an complete bellend as manager, he's doing a completely shite job, he hasn't a clue how to get the most from his squad or how to set them up, and I'm sorry but all this bollocks about '30% budget cuts' is no excuse at all. Cowden's budget still completely dwarfs several teams who are completely outperforming them, who aren't managed by complete muppets, who make their side competitive. You have plenty of shite in your squad, but a decent manager can at least set yous up to be hard to beat. Spending money to shift that melt now and getting someone in who can make sure you're safe and can regroup will be a far better investment than paying him a wage, I can gurantee that.

You have absolutely no idea about Maurice Ross’s contract situation you fucking plank, and neither do I.

It’s more common these days that managers are employed on a contract basis that they will only get a short severance pay of around 3 months if they are sacked, however, there will still be some managers employed that will be legally entitled to have their contract paid in full.

If Maurice has the latter, it could cost money that Cowden can ill afford to pay him off, plus his assistant, so it’s not so easy as just to say get rid. 

I’m not sure why I am even trying to reply in a civil manner to you, you are by far the biggest moron I have ever come across on a forum (a badge I am sure you would wear with pride) I highly doubt you even go and watch Berwick.

13 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

I don't support Berwick, I support whoever is playing Cowdenbeath FC. I'm glad that you can use the biggest club in the Lowland League as a distraction from your own side's failure though.

How thick can you be. Yes, there's absolutely a point. You're quickly getting embroiled in a LL relegation battle. It's embarrassing, your fans are defeated, you're employing a complete bellend as manager, he's doing a completely shite job, he hasn't a clue how to get the most from his squad or how to set them up, and I'm sorry but all this bollocks about '30% budget cuts' is no excuse at all. Cowden's budget still completely dwarfs several teams who are completely outperforming them, who aren't managed by complete muppets, who make their side competitive. You have plenty of shite in your squad, but a decent manager can at least set yous up to be hard to beat. Spending money to shift that melt now and getting someone in who can make sure you're safe and can regroup will be a far better investment than paying him a wage, I can gurantee that.

Genuine question, have you had personal dealings with Ross? I myself agree he is well out his depth but just interested as your feelings on him seem a bit irrational as someone who is not a Cowdenbeath fan?

1 minute ago, Sr2004 said:

Genuine question, have you had personal dealings with Ross? I myself agree he is well out his depth but just interested as your feelings on him seem a bit irrational as someone who is not a Cowdenbeath fan?

When they were teens at school Maurice nicked Berwick-the-unbearable’s girlfriend and paraded her on his arm at prom, Berwick’s  never got over it.

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

You have absolutely no idea about Maurice Ross’s contract situation you fucking plank, and neither do I.

It’s more common these days that managers are employed on a contract basis that they will only get a short severance pay of around 3 months if they are sacked, however, there will still be some managers employed that will be legally entitled to have their contract paid in full.

If Maurice has the latter, it could cost money that Cowden can ill afford to pay him off, plus his assistant, so it’s not so easy as just to say get rid. 

I’m not sure why I am even trying to reply in a civil manner to you, you are by far the biggest moron I have ever come across on a forum (a badge I am sure you would wear with pride) I highly doubt you even go and watch Berwick.

You're right. Cowden should avoid the potential solution rather than finding a way like every other football club. Maurice is doing a cracking job and he should continue to be paid a wage as he takes Cowdenbeath down. Again.

Just now, Sr2004 said:

He's not exactly the type I'd want managing my team, put it that way.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12297468/maurice-ross-resigned-from-notts-county-role-after-making-racist-remark

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

When they were teens at school Maurice nicked Berwick-the-unbearable’s girlfriend and paraded her on his arm at prom, Berwick’s  never got over it.

That might be the worst patter I've ever seen in my life. No wonder your club is on the brink when the brains they can lean on are like yours.

57 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Why don't the players want to sign? Is it because they talk to their friends in the game? "Hi Bobby Barr (who's had a few digs at Maurice on Twitter with those Tweets liked by last season's squad), I'm thinking about signing for Cowdenbeath. Good club?"

Or they speak to Kris Renton who talked to the papers about a clash with Maurice. "Hey Rents, been approached by Cowden. Decent move?"

Cowdenbeath should absolutely be able to attract and sign good, experienced players within the budget. 100%.

Happens at a lot of clubs. Some of the players made it known they wouldn't re-sign if Ross was still in charge, but then would we have wanted them to? They took us down. Ross came in to try and change it. I am guessing he wasn't all smiles and well done lads for the great performances. Never wanted the likes of BB in the team. As for Kris, he is a good lad, but he was never reliable for us and quite often injured or struggling with fitness and nearing the end of his career. Remember, he was upfront when we were toiling at the wrong end of the league and not for just one season.

10 minutes ago, PELE said:

Happens at a lot of clubs. Some of the players made it known they wouldn't re-sign if Ross was still in charge, but then would we have wanted them to? They took us down. Ross came in to try and change it. I am guessing he wasn't all smiles and well done lads for the great performances. Never wanted the likes of BB in the team. As for Kris, he is a good lad, but he was never reliable for us and quite often injured or struggling with fitness and nearing the end of his career. Remember, he was upfront when we were toiling at the wrong end of the league and not for just one season.

Yes, good points. Another example is Liam Buchanan who I have huge respect for as a player, has scored exactly zero goals for Berwick so far, again he has injury issues I think which is going to happen at his age. I don’t suppose he is exactly cheap by Lowland League standards.

16 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

It’s beyond embarrassing now. The manager has gone in completely the wrong direction. We now have a bunch of kids playing for us with no clue, much like the manager. I’d rather we had signed a team of old has beens, sprinkled with a few young players than this utter farce. 
just when we thought we had hit rock bottom we have tied a lead weight to our legs and jumped into the deep end. 

I don’t know why you never went round the Fife teams and picked up the best from HoB , Dundonald, Oakley ,Swifts etc  some really decent young and experienced ones at Glenrothes as well 🤷‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

I don’t know why you never went round the Fife teams and picked up the best from HoB , Dundonald, Oakley ,Swifts etc  some really decent young and experienced ones at Glenrothes as well 🤷‍♂️

The teams you have mentioned would have probably equalled or bettered our points gained so far!

Wasnt going to post but I will for the true fans who deserve to know or hear what is going on. Yesterday was an unacceptable performance 100% no issues with fans being disappointed and disillusioned. I feel as a club we have gone down a route that was needed for years. We have had to sign 21 players from scratch and a brand new staff. Its impossible to get the recruitment all correct and I agree it should be better on the pitch.

Experienced players have been approached and offered of that I can guarantee. Players from last season were offered terms of that i can guarantee. Why they dont join is likely 3 fold. Not enough money. Or not an enticing proposition to join the club or finally d9nt want to play lowland league.

The young players brought in are work in progress and yes maybe a few wont be up to it but that's for them to prove the fans wrong. They are being given a wonderful opportunity to go showcase their talent they have been treated well by the club and deserve after yday the fans and club a performance.

The manager and his staff are not daft they understand they need to win football games and that helps the situation. The club are doing everything to ensure we start winning games and the fact we have had no physio since start of season  would also be an issue.

As a fan I felt let down by the players yesterday to be honest. Something I cant really say so far even though we lost games.

I would ask that fans keep supporting the club by coming to games and trying to keep positive rock bottom is now officially here and this club needs its hardy supporters more than ever.

The club is also speaking to a couple experienced players to potentially bring in to help improve the quality and standards and results. Whether they happen will tbh likely down to money. Money that the club are trying hard to find and source.

The position thr club is in is not great and I 100% believe that we will b end of season b much higher than we are just now. I know the staff work day and night to try get things right.

Sinclaur and slaven back soon will help. 

I'm sorry that things are not great just now it genuinely hurts me and I know it hurts others who give their life and soul to this club.

We will do all we can to win football games. Hopefully starting a week on Tuesday.

Mon the cowden.

I think maybe Ross was given a bit more money lately and  signed some players with a bit of experience in Love, Slaven and Ruddy. Maybe that will bear fruit soon. But it's hard for the team to gell when he never fields the same eleven twice. Don't know why we are persisting with hopeful punts forward which are bread and butter defending for these  lower league defenders. What they don't like are players running at them with the ball at their feet. But we don't seem to have anyone willing to try it  unless of course they are being told not to.

10 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

I'm sorry that things are not great just now it genuinely hurts me and I know it hurts others who give their life and soul to this club. 

You have absolutely nothing to apologise for. The amount of time and effort that you have and continue to put in to the club is staggering.