There was a coo

10 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

I don't have the desire to poke yous anymore, yous are genuinely that bad there no fun in it.

But aye we are sh*te, although I imagine you would be happy to be as sh*te as us the now. Beggars belief Ross was kept on & is STILL being allowed to continue.

You sound defeated, not the usual schtick. Lovely.

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

One positive I’ll take is that both Uni and Gretna are shipping goals at an alarming rate.

Uni have let in 25 in one more game compared to our 13, and Gretna 18 in one league game less than us.   And Gretna let in another 4 today in a cup tie, I guess Cambuslang are pretty strong though.

Yeah, the Uni game a week on Tuesday could be a tough sell though I asked my daughter if she fancied missing training just this once and she said aye (hates missing out on going to a game 🤣) so plan on battling the traffic leaving Edinburgh after work to get over.

Why's that a positive? We can't score! 

8 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Why's that a positive? We can't score! 

Geez you are gloomy, we managed two against Staunch B, maybe it will all come together in the next couple of games, I dunno.

Strollers and Berwick, for example, have only scored 2/3 goals more than us from the same number of games.

I’ll try and find some positives and that’s about as good as I could do. 😬

55 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Geez you are gloomy, we managed two against Staunch B, maybe it will all come together in the next couple of games, I dunno.

Strollers and Berwick, for example, have only scored 2/3 goals more than us from the same number of games.

I’ll try and find some positives and that’s about as good as I could do. 😬

At least Berwick the Unbeatable's Gas is at a peep:oops

7 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

One positive I’ll take is that both Uni and Gretna are shipping goals at an alarming rate.

Uni have let in 25 in one more game compared to our 13, and Gretna 18 in one league game less than us.   And Gretna let in another 4 today in a cup tie, I guess Cambuslang are pretty strong though.

Yeah, the Uni game a week on Tuesday could be a tough sell though I asked my daughter if she fancied missing training just this once and she said aye (hates missing out on going to a game 🤣) so plan on battling the traffic leaving Edinburgh after work to get over.

Mate, do your daughter a favour and take her to training. Always better playing than watching. 
When you get older it’s a long long time not playing and it’s shit, trust me.

22 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

The football club is at the lowest point in its entire history. Who cares about a few trolls on an Internet forum. This shit needs sorted and it needs sorted now. I used to worry that Cowdenbeath FC would no longer exist but as things stand we might as well just pack it in and have a picnic. 

Agree with all of this. The people of the town don’t care. A few hardy souls give their life’s to the club. The town don’t deserve their efforts or a football team. 

41 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

The football club is at the lowest point in its entire history. Who cares about a few trolls on an Internet forum. This shit needs sorted and it needs sorted now. I used to worry that Cowdenbeath FC would no longer exist but as things stand we might as well just pack it in and have a picnic. 

What are your proposals for sorting it? How does it get sorted and sorted now?

You allude earlier should have went for a blend of youth and experience. You are paying biscuit tin money so are left with what you are left with, what experience players are going to go to Cowdenbeath for buttons a week? Some names of realistic, experience players who could have pitched up at Cowdenbeath?

You are barely scraping 100 fans and that could get worse so yes, unfortunately, Cowdenbeath's short to medium term goal has to be survival as a club and a blend of youth and experience is fantasy land stuff at this stage. It must be difficult watching what you are watching but the likes of yourself and Aberdeen Cowden throwing in the towel with the club you have supported all your life (I'm assuming) isn't the answer either. Be stronger, get your head around where you really are as a club and get behind them moving forward or times will never change for the better. 

I look forward to seeing you all next season in the Lowland League.

Edited by Neilly

44 minutes ago, Neilly said:

You allude earlier should have went for a blend of youth and experience. You are paying biscuit tin money so are left with what you are left with, what experience players are going to go to Cowdenbeath for buttons a week? Some names of realistic, experience players who could have pitched up at Cowdenbeath?

You are barely scraping 100 fans and that could get worse so yes, unfortunately, Cowdenbeath's short to medium term goal has to be survival as a club and a blend of youth and experience is fantasy land stuff at this stage. It must be difficult watching what you are watching but the likes of yourself and Aberdeen Cowden throwing in the towel with the club you have supported all your life (I'm assuming) isn't the answer either. Be stronger, get your head around where you really are as a club and get behind them moving forward or times will never change for the better. 

Neilly, it’s all very well saying do this, do that. There simply aren’t enough people who are interested, and the ground clearly causes lots of extra issues but there doesn’t seem to be a realistic way out. 
I don’t think boys are throwing in the towel, just accepting that something isn’t really sustainable.

Would you put your heart and souls and money into a restaurant that only ever gets a handful of customers?

If you think it’s biscuit tin money this season, wait until next season. No league cup group money, no parachute payment (or a much smaller 1?) and no play off gate money.

Edited by big al

2 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

The football club is at the lowest point in its entire history. Who cares about a few trolls on an Internet forum. This shit needs sorted and it needs sorted now. I used to worry that Cowdenbeath FC would no lonxger exist but as things stand we might as well just pack it in and have a picnic. 

Fitbaw can be a bitch.  Just need to keep looking forward and accept you are where you are.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

I totally agree that our small fan base no longer turning up will only create further damage. The entertainment however is absolutely abysmal and although I will continue attending I can see why this is happening. 

I also agree with point regarding experienced players. We have tried but players dont want to sign or offered more money elsewhere. We are unable to compete with the wages of EK, Broomhill etc. However, we are able to pay more I would think for certain than Gala, Dalbeatie, Gretna, uni teams, Cumbernauld etc but recruited wrongly. I think a manager with knowledge of non league football would know of hardy streetwise players that would grind out results. The young lads that were released at spfl level (many was out of depth) was a poor decision and confidence is already gone. 

This has been an extended period of disappointment but things can turn for the better through time. I can only hope!

2 hours ago, big al said:

Mate, do your daughter a favour and take her to training. Always better playing than watching. 
When you get older it’s a long long time not playing and it’s shit, trust me.

Ach, she has training Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week, can miss just the one for the vital game. 😉

The fact that the season is already pretty much over for Cowden and it’s still August is pretty grim. The Lowland League is a shit show and needs an overhaul with more promotion places and a much more fluid pyramid system.

If you had a play off system for example for teams from 2nd-5th at least it will keep more supporters interested for longer, but already being 16 points behind 1st place no wonder the crowds are low and will continue to dwindle.

1 minute ago, silkybeath said:

I totally agree that our small fan base no longer turning up will only create further damage. The entertainment however is absolutely abysmal and although I will continue attending I can see why this is happening. 

I also agree with point regarding experienced players. We have tried but players dont want to sign or offered more money elsewhere. We are unable to compete with the wages of EK, Broomhill etc. However, we are able to pay more I would think for certain than Gala, Dalbeatie, Gretna, uni teams, Cumbernauld etc but recruited wrongly. I think a manager with knowledge of non league football would know of hardy streetwise players that would grind out results. The young lads that were released at spfl level (many was out of depth) was a poor decision and confidence is already gone. 

This has been an extended period of disappointment but things can turn for the better through time. I can only hope!

One thing I remember reading at the start of the season (unless misremembering) is that the player budget would be cut by 30%.

Now to a layman with no idea of contracts, signings on etc that doesn’t sound like the worst situation that we could have been in for 22/23, presumably it could be even more dire next season for reasons stated.

It does seem a bit weird that we were unable to attract any experienced players at the start of the season, given that other clubs in the LL were able to do exactly that, and we must have had bigger budgets than some of them.

Surely to god we are not paying this group of youngsters 70% of what we were paying the likes of Craig Barr, Cammy Gill, Fraser Mullen etc last season?