There was a coo

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Chris flatters to deceive.

Doesn’t feel like he ever gets long enough of a chance to flatter to deceive.  Hope the new striker Slaven is back soon, guess still injured after hobbling off recently

The new goalie Ruddy wasn’t even on the bench so we had no sub goalie (not sure Dalbeattie did either), very odd.

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

Doesn’t feel like he ever gets long enough of a chance to flatter to deceive.  Hope the new striker Slaven is back soon, guess still injured after hobbling off recently

The new goalie Ruddy wasn’t even on the bench so we had no sub goalie (not sure Dalbeattie did either), very odd.

Strange one about the goalie missing.

Hope Slaven is back soon as well.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Chris flatters to deceive.

He needs more game time. Either we want him there or we don't. He definitely looks more dangerous than the other front men.

That was abysmal today. No other way to describe it. We put in our worst performance against the worst team we will face.

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

He needs more game time. Either we want him there or we don't. He definitely looks more dangerous than the other front men.

That was abysmal today. No other way to describe it. We put in our worst performance against the worst team we will face.

I would say that Sinclair, Love and Slaven are all better than him.

Agree today is probably the worst game I’ve seen.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would say that Sinclair, Love and Slaven are all better than him.

Agree today is probably the worst game I’ve seen.

I’ve not been overly impressed with Sinclair to be honest so far, know he was injured almost right from the off, so may still be getting back to best.

Think he has played in 3 of the 4 games I’ve seen, small sample admittedly, and I do appreciate he has stepped up a level and is playing in a struggling team, so I am still hopeful for him.

3 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ve not been overly impressed with Sinclair to be honest so far, know he was injured almost right from the off, so may still be getting back to best.

Think he has played in 3 of the 4 games I’ve seen, small sample admittedly, and I do appreciate he has stepped up a level and is playing in a struggling team, so I am still hopeful for him.

He was really good last week v Rangers B.

That was the worst game of football I've seen. Both sides will be relegation candidates. 

For the last few seasons in SPFL we had a side that would have finished mid to lower table in the Lowland League.

Now we have a boys club playing Lowland League and it's playing out as I expected. Ross and the youth experiment is not working. 

Another long painful season for Cowden and Eosfl football next season. 

That was the worst game of football I've seen. Both sides will be relegation candidates. 
For the last few seasons in SPFL we had a side that would have finished mid to lower table in the Lowland League.
Now we have a boys club playing Lowland League and it's playing out as I expected. Ross and the youth experiment is not working. 

Agree with this. Today was just awful, much worse than anything seen last season.
Keeper not kicking the ball, rolls the ball to a defender who hoofs it up the park, ball goes out of play or straight to an opposition defender. Time after time, what’s that all about?
Like the man said “ you can’t win anything with kids”
Nothing there to tempt fans to return sadly.
I’d love to hear how the manager thinks the season is going.

2 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

It’s starting to get embarrassing now. No Cowden supporter expected us to be at the top end of the Lowland league, given our awful performance last season but few of us expected us to be plummeting the depths that we are now in. 

speaking personally, I’d rather see us packing it in than see us dwindling away in this fashion. I get the let’s get behind the team and be positive mantra but let’s get real now. If the team continues to be this shit, the club are finished. Apart from the amazing die hard fans. nobody will watch the disaster that is unfolding. 

Poor management appointments have sadly dragged us into this. 

Saturday’s crowd v Cumbernauld Colts will be a good gauge on what folk really think.

A cup tie not on the season ticket, how much ticket holders will turn up.

10 hours ago, CowdenPhil said:

A few folk I know who watch LL and non league in general predicted this to happen.

It can certainly be more of a transition than people realise. Berwick Rangers first 6 games saw them take just 4 points. And it didn't get much better after that for a while. It's really just the one relegation spot to panic about. So even though it's bad, there's a chance at recovery.

Berwick Rangers 3-5 Bonnyrigg Rose
Berwick Rangers 1-2 Stirling University
Edinburgh University 0-1 Berwick Rangers
Berwick Rangers 1-3 Civil Service Strollers
Gala FR 2-2 Berwick Rangers
East Kilbride 3-2 Berwick Rangers

It can certainly be more of a transition than people realise. Berwick Rangers first 6 games saw them take just 4 points. And it didn't get much better after that for a while. It's really just the one relegation spot to panic about. So even though it's bad, there's a chance at recovery.
Berwick Rangers 3-5 Bonnyrigg Rose
Berwick Rangers 1-2 Stirling University
Edinburgh University 0-1 Berwick Rangers
Berwick Rangers 1-3 Civil Service Strollers
Gala FR 2-2 Berwick Rangers
East Kilbride 3-2 Berwick Rangers

Cowden are very poor though with no leaders on the park and a manager whose competence is now being questioned more and more.
In the results you quoted Berwick were scoring, Cowden can’t, no shots on target yesterday against a poor side.

14 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

The strikers have absolute zero to feed off of, the midfield create nothing. Corners and crosses 95% of them don’t beat the first man which is poor at this level some of the corners yesterday were laughable. Put sinclair in a team that creates chances he’ll score simple as that. We need to cut this long ball p*sh out

13 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Agree with this. Today was just awful, much worse than anything seen last season.
Keeper not kicking the ball, rolls the ball to a defender who hoofs it up the park, ball goes out of play or straight to an opposition defender. Time after time, what’s that all about?
Like the man said “ you can’t win anything with kids”
Nothing there to tempt fans to return sadly.
I’d love to hear how the manager thinks the season is going.

I disagree a little with your first statement, particularly given the experience we had in our squad last season, compared to virtually zero this year.

Had an awful run of results and performances last year around this time for a couple of months.  Not sure anything this year has been as dismal as Civil Service in the cup.

It would be good to hear from the manager more often, seems there is a bit of a veil of silence, particularly regarding player availability/injuries, the communication to fans (other than Nelly on here) is quite poor.

I disagree a little with your first statement, particularly given the experience we had in our squad last season, compared to virtually zero this year.
Had an awful run of results and performances last year around this time for a couple of months.  Not sure anything this year has been as dismal as Civil Service in the cup.
It would be good to hear from the manager more often, seems there is a bit of a veil of silence, particularly regarding player availability/injuries, the communication to fans (other than Nelly on here) is quite poor.

We haven’t won a game yet. If we played CSS with that team, we’d get thrashed.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Had a look up for you prior to the Strollers cup game we had been on a run of 9 games without a win 3 draws and six defeats.

Bollan’s record last season was 4 wins, 3 draws, 10 defeats.

The rest of last season , including a defeat with McGurn in interim charge, saw us pan out 5 wins, 5 draws and 18 defeats.

Edited by cowdenbeath

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

On another note interesting to see big John Gemmell pulling the boots back on for dumbarton and getting a goal and assist 

He was at Cambuslang the last few seasons , Declan Byrne also scoring for them yesterday.

Cowdenbeath won't be relegated this season nor next year either.

Outside of serious money arriving Cowdenbeath will probably be stuck in the LL.

More likely serious relegation danger would come when and if the present original LL teams are mostly gone.

To be replaced a few more Club 42s and the ex Juniors from the West/East.