There was a coo

What's the players performance like tonight?

Knew this season would be a struggle but I didn't think it would be this bad.

We've had enough games now for the team to gel and start playing. Excuses stop now. 

Not a great fan of Ross. He needs to get us results soon. 

20 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

We've had enough games now for the team to gel and start playing. Excuses stop now. 

Being a Cowden fan is a tough gig at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

Had hoped for a bit better tonight, but the B team opponents Cowden seem to be up against every other game recently are all full time, they don’t have to go to college or work during the day.

I know the family of one of the Rangers youngsters and was staggered to find out what he was offered to sign for them, and I doubt he is an exception, how can you compete with that?

However, the fixtures going forward now will maybe paint a truer picture of how the team are doing, and if any progress is being made.

Saturday against Dalbeattie is obviously a really important game, I hope the supporters turn up in some numbers and get behind the team, looking forward to it.

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Had hoped for a bit better tonight, but the B team opponents Cowden seem to be up against every other game recently are all full time, they don’t have to go to college or work during the day.

I know the family of one of the Rangers youngsters and was staggered to find out what he was offered to sign for them, and I doubt he is an exception, how can you compete with that?

However, the fixtures going forward now will maybe paint a truer picture of how the team are doing, and if any progress is being made.

Saturday against Dalbeattie is obviously a really important game, I hope the supporters turn up in some numbers and get behind the team, looking forward to it.

Dalbeattie Star will be a tough game. We need a win, otherwise it's last season all over again and Cowden will be relegated to Eosfl. 

I know we are up against but so are other Lowland League teams. Ross needs to start delivering results fast. 

6 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

Dalbeattie Star will be a tough game. We need a win, otherwise it's last season all over again and Cowden will be relegated to Eosfl. 

I know we are up against but so are other Lowland League teams. Ross needs to start delivering results fast. 

Sure will be tough, both teams should be absolutely up for the fight, I expect blood and guts to be spilled, a true six pointer if ever there was one.

6 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

3-0. That has become a depressingly familiar f**king ring on our scoreline. This is Maurice's team. He can talk the talk but needs to walk the walk. Pronto. 

Wipe the slate clean, season starts at the weekend.

Got Dalbeattie, Edinburgh Uni and Gretna at home in the next few weeks, these will be a true representation of how the season will pan out, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Wipe the slate clean, season starts at the weekend.

Got Dalbeattie, Edinburgh Uni and Gretna at home in the next few weeks, these will be a true representation of how the season will pan out, in my opinion.

I for one am not underestimating any of these teams. It will be tough, these teams will be up for it. Just hope we are. 

I see St Mirren B were dumped out on penalties by East Stirlingshire with the 2 Cowden loan players playing for St Mirren, Gilmartin and Thomson. I know the shirt numbers don't match the position as much anymore, but Gilmartin was number 3 tonight and he didn't take any of the penalties for St Mirren. Is he actually a forward player?

Too busy crying into my killie pie to update. Killie were a good side moved the ball well but got in behind far to easy, lemon had a poor poor game was tough to watch, sinclair isolated all game up top himself. The lad they had on loan from the french team was quality great feet real danger and threat everytime he got on the ball. Missed struthers in the midfield and when he come on in the first half I had hope but he came on at right back played the rest of the game there. Massive one on Saturday nothing less than the 3 points.

11 minutes ago, PELE said:

I see St Mirren B were dumped out on penalties by East Stirlingshire with the 2 Cowden loan players playing for St Mirren, Gilmartin and Thomson. I know the shirt numbers don't match the position as much anymore, but Gilmartin was number 3 tonight and he didn't take any of the penalties for St Mirren. Is he actually a forward player?

WTF? I didn’t realise that was the arrangement, what a mess.

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Premiership clubs do this all the time in this cup.

I think that’s ridiculous, if you are on loan for the season then that should be it, you only play for that club.

I can sort of see the logic (even though I don’t agree with when you are many divisions below) that you can’t play against your parent club in a cup tie or league match if you happen to be in the same league as the parent club.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I think that’s ridiculous, if you are on loan for the season then that should be it, you only play for that club.

I can sort of see the logic (even though I don’t agree with when you are many divisions below) that you can’t play against your parent club in a cup tie or league match if you happen to be in the same league as the parent club.

I know at one time loans of young players were classed as development loans which meant they could also play for their parent clubs in reserve games and the challenge cup.

I have seen enough of the m8 and m9 to last me for a while. Tonight was as discouraging as Saturday was encouraging. Played 5-4-1 and Killie looked like scoring every time they came forward. Second goal was laughable. Sinclair is a real find but he's going to get sickened if he has to t do that every week.

10 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

WTF? I didn’t realise that was the arrangement, what a mess.

As Cowdenbeath mentioned, it is not uncommon. It's basically take it or leave it.

My main question though was whether St Mirren see Gilmartin as a forward or not.