There was a coo

Players played really well and worked hard whilst well organised.

Deserved the 3 points and still struggling to see why that was a penalty to Hearts B.

Players/management should be proud of their performance and keeping their discipline despite the cruel blow of the penalty.

Onwards and upwards with something to build on.

On 01/08/2022 at 11:39, cowdenbeath said:

Ainslie Park is a good set up for the LL maybe not so good for the SPFL as Edinburgh City weren’t allowed to use the grass banking.

A small problem which could be overcome if Spartans got promoted.

It’s certainly more than a back pitch at a leisure centre, it has 2 pitches for a start😀

Seriously it’s the model to base a ground on.

I would do the stand different and have some terrace but would have a similar type pavilion and if possible the extra pitch for community stuff.

Hope you made it up to the San Fergie tonight Andy. A proper fitba ground and your team defended their point like their lives depended on it.

48 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Hope you made it up to the San Fergie tonight Andy. A proper fitba ground and your team defended their point like their lives depended on it.

I did and enjoyed it great wee ground.

A few improvements since my last visit.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Well. A point is a point and ends this horrendous run we’ve been on. Small steps as they say. 

It wasn’t the trialist who scored.

His headed came off the side of the post and fell to McKenzie Lemon to score.

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It wasn’t the trialist who scored.

His headed came off the side of the post and fell to McKenzie Lemon to score.

Mackenzie was credited with the goal by the referee but it looked like the ball had already crossed the line by the time he put it in the net.

If there are any highlights, it might clear it up. 

1 minute ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Mackenzie was credited with the goal by the referee but it looked like the ball had already crossed the line by the time he put it in the net.

If there are any highlights, it might clear it up. 

I thought it came back out from where I was sitting, but as you say if Hearts put highlights up that should confirm it.

Anyway a great performance and commitment by all the players.

26 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Penalty was a bit of a mystery though otherwise I thought the ref was really good. I felt we invited them on to us a bit too much and the players had to dig deep the last twenty minutes.  The addition of a bit of experience is making a difference.

I was told it was for a shirt pull.

Well done to the fans who came and backed the team last night. I know the management and players were appreciative of it and it was gr8 to see.

A good point that could have been all 3 if not for another dubious decision... linesman said number 2 was the guy who fouled and ref said it was sum1 else. Ffs.

Anyhow good point and some good positive things on the pitch. The lads dug deep and worked their nuts off. 100% commitment from everyone on and off the pitch. 

Mon the cowden.

1 hour ago, NELLY 1 said:

Well done to the fans who came and backed the team last night. I know the management and players were appreciative of it and it was gr8 to see.

A good point that could have been all 3 if not for another dubious decision... linesman said number 2 was the guy who fouled and ref said it was sum1 else. Ffs.

Anyhow good point and some good positive things on the pitch. The lads dug deep and worked their nuts off. 100% commitment from everyone on and off the pitch. 

Mon the cowden.

Aye that penalty decision was really unclear.

Great overall performance getting a bit of experience in with Stuart Love has really helped the young boys.

A long way to go but good to break the run of defeats.

Got to give our keeper some credit thats how you take your chance when the gaffer gives you game time, some great saves very vocal and commanding. Great energy levels boys dug in deep last 10 mins as we were backs against the wall, trialist up front looked not too bad would like to see him again, experience in love shows on the park tells boys where to be and when to press.

52 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Got to give our keeper some credit thats how you take your chance when the gaffer gives you game time, some great saves very vocal and commanding. Great energy levels boys dug in deep last 10 mins as we were backs against the wall, trialist up front looked not too bad would like to see him again, experience in love shows on the park tells boys where to be and when to press.

Dan had a very good game and more vocal.

If it’s the same as the SPFL the trialist can play one more time as a trialist, I would sign him.