There was a coo

I really enjoy reading about the exploits of the other clubs on these forums.

I hope you all don't mind an East Kilbride fan commenting on your thread.

Some of the posts here have made me feel really bad about the fortunes of your club. But, If the club has the same passion and commitment that all of you have shown to your team, you'll be fine and fighting for your place back in the upper echelons of Scottish football.

Just not this year, Mon the kilby 😉

I see it has been confirmed that the SFA have blocked live streams even at Lowland League level.

I don’t know if it would have been economically viable for Cowden to do these anyway this season, but if it’s the shitey tv deal we have in Scotland to blame for this, which I’m sure it is, it’s a disgrace. 

12 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I see it has been confirmed that the SFA have blocked live streams even at Lowland League level.

I don’t know if it would have been economically viable for Cowden to do these anyway this season, but if it’s the shitey tv deal we have in Scotland to blame for this, which I’m sure it is, it’s a disgrace. 

It's a joke. The club actually made ok money so again cutting a revenue stream which is vital for small clubs.  Well done to ross and Craig and the volunteers to do all this when it was on.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

We really should have won on Saturday you have to take your chances when your on top. Gala took a chance and got a winner from it.

Have to disagree Andy mate. Gala created the guilt edge chances. Before half time they should have scored and it was eventually cleared off the line. Missed a sitter towards end of the game as well. 
In general play, there wasn’t a lot in it and it was the first game Cowden have been able to play abit and not just chase shadows for long spells as the sides were more even than previous games. 

18 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Would there not be something in the  tv contracts that give them exclusive rights to showing Scottish football? 
And it was waived due to covid but that’s all past now?

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Martin Rennie signing on loan for berwick this evening. A name being passed about on the terracing on Saturday someone we were looking at.

Yes the club tried. Would have been good but lad choose another option. We move on.. 

Well done to jb supporters club on their efforts. I'm sure the club appreciate it 

5 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

It's a joke. The club actually made ok money so again cutting a revenue stream which is vital for small clubs.  Well done to ross and Craig and the volunteers to do all this when it was on.

Yeah, we streamed a few home games last season when couldn’t get over, always good production and it was much appreciated.  Also did a few always like Annan and Stranraer later in the season, the clubs all did really well with these.

It’s really pathetic on the part of the SFA, League or whoever the hell it is. Do LL clubs even get a meagre share of any tv money I wonder? If not they should be allowed to stream if they choose.

The world’s changing all the time, the pandemic has shown alternative revenue streams for clubs, but the doughnuts that run football can’t see it.

4 minutes ago, big al said:

Would there not be something in the  tv contracts that give them exclusive rights to showing Scottish football? 
And it was waived due to covid but that’s all past now?

Yes, I think that Sky have a veto over everything, which they relaxed during covid, if that’s the case they should be forced to televise every club this affects at least once a season (either home or away) to give them a share of the live tv money that is paid out when a team is featured.

3 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yes, I think that Sky have a veto over everything, which they relaxed during covid, if that’s the case they should be forced to televise every club this affects at least once a season (either home or away) to give them a share of the live tv money that is paid out when a team is featured.

Sky just want to show the arse cheeks away games every week and when they play each other. They have little or no interest in the rest of the leagues, never mind non league semi pro shite.

31 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I really enjoy reading about the exploits of the other clubs on these forums.

I hope you all don't mind an East Kilbride fan commenting on your thread.

Some of the posts here have made me feel really bad about the fortunes of your club. But, If the club has the same passion and commitment that all of you have shown to your team, you'll be fine and fighting for your place back in the upper echelons of Scottish football.

Just not this year, Mon the kilby 😉

Cheers, I think a more realistic set of fans you could not find than the Cowden fans on this forum.

Some opposing fans on here were suggesting that our fans were expecting us to possibly bounce right back up at the first time of asking, I don’t think a single Cowden fan, knowing the predicament with the turnover of players, expected that at all.   

I think you guys have a fine chance of being thereabouts at the end of the season, you have an interesting game this midweek with the podcast team, who must have got a little reality check at the weekend.

17 minutes ago, big al said:

Have to disagree Andy mate. Gala created the guilt edge chances. Before half time they should have scored and it was eventually cleared off the line. Missed a sitter towards end of the game as well. 
In general play, there wasn’t a lot in it and it was the first game Cowden have been able to play abit and not just chase shadows for long spells as the sides were more even than previous games. 

Point is they never took their chance before half time and we were on top for a spell early in the second half if only we could have scored who knows.

As you say Gala should have got a third at the end it would have been easier for him to score than miss!

It was still an opportunity to get at least a point missed.

The mistakes for the two goals were poor and when are we going to defend a corner,

It was more even as Gala will probably be a mid table side.

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Point is they never took their chance before half time and we were on top for a spell early in the second half if only we could have scored who knows.

As you say Gala should have got a third at the end it would have been easier for him to score than miss!

It was still an opportunity to get at least a point missed.

The mistakes for the two goals were poor and when are we going to defend a corner,

It was more even as Gala will probably be a mid table side.

We badly miss Martins. He is already our best player. A player in the mould of Mango, but even more important in our current team.

53 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It’s a UEFA thing I’m sure so the SFA will have to enforce it I suppose.

34 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Yes the club tried. Would have been good but lad choose another option. We move on.. 

Well done to jb supporters club on their efforts. I'm sure the club appreciate it 

That the boy from Montrose?

Would have been decent although he was under our noses when playing for the Albert and and our previous management missed him, a decent player on our door step!

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s a UEFA thing I’m sure so the SFA will have to enforce it I suppose.

I wasn’t sure, did a little digging and this article suggests it’s a UK only thing, other countries not so restrictive;

https://www.goal.com/en/news/why-is-there-a-saturday-football-blackout-in-the-uk-for-live/1bs2qnkj73shx1uryui898tax6

Edited by Cowdenleith

48 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

this article suggests it’s a UK only thing, other countries not so restrictive;

That's because other countries schedule their games differently, therefore they don't need a blackout rule. Germany for example, have their Bundesliga games at 14:30 UK time but their 2. Bundesliga games at 12:00 and their 3. Liga games at 13:00; plus a few games from each division on Friday/Sunday. This is a good thread on the subject: