There was a coo

31 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

There was a fairly stark article in the first programme of the season that mentioned the difficulties with Central Park, some of which surprised me, some didn’t, I meant to come back to it and post about it here, but never got round to it.

Surely the rent for Central Park should be on a fair basis, and there should be no outrageous hikes? If the stock cars try this can local councils and politicians not get involved to make them think again.  Pressure from local politicians can sometimes be more important than you think, especially when the entire future of a beloved institution is at risk.

And why on earth do the football club have to cover all the utilities? Surely in any sane world they would be shared as without electricity (for example), there ain’t no stock cars.  Again, should this be publicly voiced to bring some pressure on the stock car people?

I also don’t understand why they would want the football club out, unless they want to use the pitch for some car related stuff? I get that there is some inconvenience with the crossover period at the end of the football. Could Cowdenbeath not change to a 2pm start time to alleviate this?  Also, surely a fair rent paid by the football club is better than no rent, plus the stocks will be left with all the utility bills that they unfairly get out of at the moment?

As a fan of not that long standing I love Central Park and all it’s crumbling glory, wouldn’t change it for a thing, but I understand it’s a costly beast and a burden to a large extent.

What would long standing Cowden fans think of, for example, being tenants at another club, whether short or long term, Kelty being the obvious one? To me it would rip the heart and soul out the club but it would still be better than no club.

Is there any chance we could get a new stadium in the town/outskirts, I know this has been talked about a number of times over the years?

Personally I hate some of these soulless stadiums that have been built over the last 25 years, Stirling is awful, not a big fan of Falkirk compared to Brockville for example, East Fife. Give me the old stadiums any day of the week.

Sorry for the ramble. 😀

My opinion is if you start being the tenants at another ground the club quickly loses it's identify and risks it's connection with the community. Different story if there was concrete plans to develop something elsewhere for Cowdenbeath in Cowdenbeath.

It's just a shame the club don't own both stock cars, stadium and club as there could be lot's of innovative potential with this but as we know would need someone with a lot of cash to buy the stadium.

Edited by Cowden316

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

There was a fairly stark article in the first programme of the season that mentioned the difficulties with Central Park, some of which surprised me, some didn’t, I meant to come back to it and post about it here, but never got round to it.

Surely the rent for Central Park should be on a fair basis, and there should be no outrageous hikes? If the stock cars try this can local councils and politicians not get involved to make them think again.  Pressure from local politicians can sometimes be more important than you think, especially when the entire future of a beloved institution is at risk.

And why on earth do the football club have to cover all the utilities? Surely in any sane world they would be shared as without electricity (for example), there ain’t no stock cars.  Again, should this be publicly voiced to bring some pressure on the stock car people?

I also don’t understand why they would want the football club out, unless they want to use the pitch for some car related stuff? I get that there is some inconvenience with the crossover period at the end of the football. Could Cowdenbeath not change to a 2pm start time to alleviate this?  Also, surely a fair rent paid by the football club is better than no rent, plus the stocks will be left with all the utility bills that they unfairly get out of at the moment?

As a fan of not that long standing I love Central Park and all it’s crumbling glory, wouldn’t change it for a thing, but I understand it’s a costly beast and a burden to a large extent.

What would long standing Cowden fans think of, for example, being tenants at another club, whether short or long term, Kelty being the obvious one? To me it would rip the heart and soul out the club but it would still be better than no club.

Is there any chance we could get a new stadium in the town/outskirts, I know this has been talked about a number of times over the years?

Personally I hate some of these soulless stadiums that have been built over the last 25 years, Stirling is awful, not a big fan of Falkirk compared to Brockville for example, East Fife. Give me the old stadiums any day of the week.

Sorry for the ramble. 😀

Have to disagree about Stirlings stadium. It’s the ideal set up for lower league clubs. I was back there last week for the Dons game and every time I go it just makes me wonder how they managed to get it and Cowden are left with an out of date dump. 

On your point about sharing with Kelty, there are too many teams in fife. I said when Kelty crossed over it was bad news for Cowden and it certainly hasn’t helped. 2 teams within 2 miles is way too much, although Kelty will soon hit their ceiling unless they have other plans ahead.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Have to disagree about Stirlings stadium. It’s the ideal set up for lower league clubs. I was back there last week for the Dons game and every time I go it just makes me wonder how they managed to get it and Cowden are left with an out of date dump. 

On your point about sharing with Kelty, there are too many teams in fife. I said when Kelty crossed over it was bad news for Cowden and it certainly hasn’t helped. 2 teams within 2 miles is way too much, although Kelty will soon hit their ceiling unless they have other plans ahead.

Council own Stirling stadium, Council own Kelty stadium 

I'm slightly less bothered about where we play as I drive through from Glenrothes so wouldn't mind if we played at Kelty, Kirkcaldy or Glenrothes.  The owners of Central Park don't even need the Cowdenbeath FC cash, it's pocket change to them but can't see anyone with deep enough pockets coming to our rescue so I do worry about the future in the medium term.

As a well run club it's such a kick in the teeth to see us going the way we are through no real fault of our own making.

2 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

My opinion is if you start being the tenants at another ground the club quickly loses it's identify and risks it's connection with the community. Different story if there was concrete plans to develop something elsewhere for Cowdenbeath in Cowdenbeath.

It's just a shame the club don't own both stock cars, stadium and club as there could be lot's of innovative potential with this but as we know would need someone with a lot of cash to buy the stadium.

Face facts there is no connection between the town and it's football club.

Leaving vs staying at the ground, both arguments have their good and bad points. Leaving means we save costs but imho the current owners would love it as they could sell the land to build houses.

I help out but if we could get some more folk to volunteer, it would be a big help as the current board are in need of a helping hand.

10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Cowdenbeath will be in the Lowland League for longer than they had hoped for.     

Accept it, embrace it and enjoy it.

What's that now, three former league teams relegated to the Lowland league?

Can't see any of them going up again soon.

Maybe E.S. the only prospect. 

5 minutes ago, Amandajoan said:

In the current situation, I think you have to bounce back immediately, or you end up as a middle of the table LL side, as there are a number of decent sides capable of beating Club 42, both in tier 5 and 6.

However, once the pyramid is structured and working as it should, the scope for movement up or down should lead to no club feeling consigned to a lower league for eternity.

The movement of clubs between the more established EFL and the National league/Conference pyramid has seen several relegated clubs make a return along with a number of first time promotions to the higher echelons of English football, which I believe is a healthy situation and one to which Scottish football should aspire.

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

In the current situation, I think you have to bounce back immediately, or you end up as a middle of the table LL side, as there are a number of decent sides capable of beating Club 42, both in tier 5 and 6.

However, once the pyramid is structured and working as it should, the scope for movement up or down should lead to no club feeling consigned to a lower league for eternity.

The movement of clubs between the more established EFL and the National league/Conference pyramid has seen several relegated clubs make a return along with a number of first time promotions to the higher echelons of English football, which I believe is a healthy situation and one to which Scottish football should aspire.

Only matter of time before an ex SPFL club ends up in the EoSFL

11 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Your right if your tenants with another club you lose your identity especially if it’s out of your town.

The only one which would remotely be viable for us would be the Haws as HOB is more or less a part of the town, I doubt they would want to.

Your ideal scenario for Central Park was what we had until 2007 when Gordon McDougall sold up although he was still running the club for another year.

We we’re pretty stable back then.

10 hours ago, big al said:

Stirling stadium is owned by the council.

They basically sold all their city centre sports venues and moved to the edge of the city.

Even done that with a school which is next to the cricket club.

9 hours ago, CowdenPhil said:

Face facts there is no connection between the town and it's football club.

Leaving vs staying at the ground, both arguments have their good and bad points. Leaving means we save costs but imho the current owners would love it as they could sell the land to build houses.

I help out but if we could get some more folk to volunteer, it would be a big help as the current board are in need of a helping hand.

They would never remotely make back what they paid by building houses there.

9 hours ago, Amandajoan said:

I reckon Berwick would be back before the Shire done it if anyone.

9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It’s a lot harder to bounce back in England now that it was in the early days, although Grimsby got back via the play off last season.

If only the Lowland was like the National with decent crowds, sponsors and a TV deal😀

7 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

What’s to stop the stadium owners from just  booting Cowden out and building houses on the land anyway?

They are probably using the clubs tenuous situation to extract more rent from the club. They even have Cowden paying for all of the stadium costs and its upkeep and maintenance which seems extremely unreasonable All of the cards appear to be in their favour. As we all know, the local authorities don’t give a flying f**k about Cowdenbeath FC and there’s not a lot of love from the local community either.

It’s easy to make these observations and solutions are much harder to find. I’m certain the board are doing everything they can and work tirelessly for the club to their own detriment. In an ideal world Cowden would have a small, compact stadium with an artificial pitch, a stand and terracing, with a capacity similar to Kelty’s. 

I presume that the stock cars make money so that will be viable for them.

At the end of the day they are business people who probably made a bad deal buying the place and are now stuck with it.

Imagine retail is out of the question now and I doubt they would get their money back from housing.

A wee set up like Spartans with decent facilities would be the dream in an ideal world.

9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Your right about the set up, a Conference style National league below L2 would be difficult for SPFL to deny access to but I seem to remember the SFA floated the idea and HL Clubs rejected it outright.

Its the only way forward but will need need some arm twisting. The Non SPFL Clubs seem to think the seas will part cos Maxwell formed a working group ! Deluded nonsense to get the Colts in and will disappear if it hasn’t already.

Some thoughts re Facebook comments mainly.  

Replace Board with interim management committee - who will serve on this committee and ensure continuity of funding?  A new owner - who, what are they bringing to the party?  Just nebulously Calling for change is not delivering change - board not at all averse to change but there needs to be substance to that not rhetoric. 

Kelty Hearts situation has little or no relevance to Cowden’s problems.  Good luck to Kelty

Replace Board with interim management committee - who will serve on this committee and ensure continuity of funding?  A new owner - who, what are they bringing to the party?  Just nebulously Calling for change is not delivering change - board not at all averse to change but there needs to be substance to that not rhetoric. 

Kelty Hearts situation has little or no relevance to Cowden’s problems.  Good luck to Kelty

Bottom line is that the local population/council have NO interest in the football club. Even although a successful club will generate a lot of of money for the town. Many of the loyal fans don’t even live in Cowdenbeath.
Just look at the difference a successful club has made to Arbroath. There’s a real buzz about the place, kids out and about wearing the club tops,businesses doing well.
Sad times, there is no quick fix.

48 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I may be wrong and happy to be clarified if so but I'm sure I was at a meeting where a committee was muted with Donald  findlay suggesting he would support this. As of yet people at that meeting have not put together a committee and although some parties have stepped forward as volunteers to help it's still shy in numbers.

Saying and doing are 2 completely different things.  We must do this and must do that is very easy to say. Putting it into action is another matter.. 

I take my hat off to any volunteer at this club whether they do 2 hours on a match day or some people who do 25 to 30 hours a week on top of their normal working life. That's commitment and should never ever be taken for granted.

Mon the cowden

P.s extra money helps too lol  so anyone with a big win recently u r defo welcome.....lol

46 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Bottom line is that the local population/council have NO interest in the football club. Even although a successful club will generate a lot of of money for the town. Many of the loyal fans don’t even live in Cowdenbeath.
Just look at the difference a successful club has made to Arbroath. There’s a real buzz about the place, kids out and about wearing the club tops,businesses doing well.
Sad times, there is no quick fix.

Problem with the council is they have 4 SPFL sides, 1 LL side and multiple EOSL sides in their boundary.

They can’t help everyone. Kelty got their plastic pitch but that would have been deemed for community use and I imagine would have got outside funding as such.

If we had a suitable bit of land we owned we maybe would have got the same.

I would agree in the main the local population never got behind the club.

When I was young it was always the directors don’t want to go up line.

Perhaps the town is just a negative place with no local pride.

This year we never had a Gala after AH retired from organing it obviously no one wanted to step up and take over the task.

So it’s just no the FC they can’t be bothered with.