There was a coo

7 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

I hope as this is a miserable start to the Lowland League campaign. As I said in pre season and cup games alarm bells are ringing at the amount of games we concede 3 and fail to score. 

I was quite encouraged with the Premier Cup games I saw, created a number of good chances at Edinburgh in particular.

Away on holiday at the moment so not at games, but tonight would seem to be the one real major disappointment so far, but I’d caveat that by saying that a lot of people were tipping the podcast team to be up near the top and are clearly a decent team.

I was impressed by Daniel Martins before he got hurt, him missing is definitely having an impact on the defence.

Does anyone have any idea how long he and Scott Sinclair are likely to be out?

I was quite encouraged with the Premier Cup games I saw, created a number of good chances at Edinburgh in particular.
Away on holiday at the moment so not at games, but tonight would seem to be the one real major disappointment so far, but I’d caveat that by saying that a lot of people were tipping the podcast team to be up near the top and are clearly a decent team.

I was impressed by Daniel Martins before he got hurt, him missing is definitely having an impact on the defence.
Does anyone have any idea how long he and Scott Sinclair are likely to be out?

All teams have players getting injured, no excuse. It’s a real shame just when you want your team to do well in front of a decent attendance. Not many will be going back if this is the norm.

It's another trio of goals conceded for Cowd3nb3ath - wow! Maurice Ross continues to do a really compelling job, and I for one think his management continues to be just fantastic. Just look how hard the boys are running 😀

Interesting result elsewhere at Shielfield Park tonight, where an experienced Berwick side showed just how to beat Celtic B. Take note, lads!

Cowdenbeath fans need to be realistic. Injuries or no injuries, a team of reject kids aren't going to be competing with the likes of this Open Goal mob anytime soon. Watson, Cook, Broadfoot, Semple, Conroy the list goes on these are a quality of player that Cowdenbeath can only dream of in their current circumstances.

You're in for a long, suffering season with plenty of beat downs so just need to get behind the team or hit the lager even harder. 

8 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

All teams have players getting injured, no excuse. It’s a real shame just when you want your team to do well in front of a decent attendance. Not many will be going back if this is the norm.

I’d say it is a reasonable excuse when the squad was so small in the first place, and two key players are missing so early in the season.

I hope the fans stick with it, it could well be a long season, but there’s nothing else for it is there?

Early days yet.

Maybe a bit over optimistic on my part thinking Cowdenbeath might bounce back first time round.

No danger of relegation of course because the ex boys clubs and Uni teams have still to be weeded out.

Long term the LL will be Senior league drop outs and ex Junior teams.

As mentioned a lot of our boys arn't strong enough. Being honest never really expected anything tonight OGB have assembled a decent squad and will be challengers for the title.

Just got to hope that things get better once the injured players are back.

Re the number of OGB fans there were around 60 of them had bought online tickets so I heard, probably quite a lot of neutrals there as well for the novelty of seeing our first home game in the LL.

I would have been more confident when playing Gala on Saturday but I see they beat CSS on their own patch so they maybe arn't that bad.

I dont really know if Ross has any credit in the bank from last year but I was instantly alarmed by the squad he assembled. This is a physical league where every team is well drilled and can be hard to break down. If your teams heads drop after this start it could be a long, old season. 

I think yous are all feeling a bit down because you maybe set your expectations a bit too high but realistically you have played two teams that will be at the top end of the league. Maybe the manner of defeat is the worry. In a parallel universe you might've started with Edinburgh Uni and Gretna and be sitting top of the table tonight. There's a long way to go but I would certainly be getting worried if you don't pick up some wins in your next couple games.

6 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Maybe the manner of defeat is the worry. In a parallel universe you might've started with Edinburgh Uni and Gretna and be sitting top of the table tonight. There's a long way to go but I would certainly be getting worried if you don't pick up some wins in your next couple games.

Next few games are against Gala, Hearts, and Rangers so will be tough. Big games after that against Dalbettie, Edinburgh Uni, and Gretna.

You have to be brutally honest and realise that we are where we should be, toiling at the bottom end of the table. We were never going to challenge at the top end of the table with the team we now have. Unless there are any significant changes, which is unlikely, then the best we can realistically hope for is finishing third or fourth bottom. If anyone thinks different, then they are in for a rude awakening. I hope we can improve going forward, but you have to be realistic.

Took game in last night and thought Cowden were well off the pace and physicality in the game , offered nothing up top which has to be alarming as even the uni teams can pull off results on their day , would be a tad worried at the moment