There was a coo

Weather set fair for tomorrow night. I’ve not seen the team this season. I will go with an open mind. Some reports are positive but the results don’t show that. Still I’m looking forward to the game. We are where we are. 

Looks like we will be down to the bare bones tomorrow.

Sinclair, Martins and Graham all injured and Garrad will be suspended.

Could be a tough one against OGB who seem to have recruited well in the main part.

As previously mentioned we are where we are and just have to get on with it.

Its a hell of a start after midweek Premier Sports Cup games it’s much the same thing for the league.

Probably too much midweek league games for my liking.

34 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Could be a tough one against OGB who seem to have recruited well in the main part.

Its a hell of a start after midweek Premier Sports Cup games it’s much the same thing for the league.

Yeah and one or two more potentially also sadly.there will be a couple of trialists however on bench to help the numbers.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Seen Harry osborne in the stands last 2 games aswell that down to injury or performances.

He has been a passenger in the matches I have seen. I am all for young and hungry and something to prove, but it is starting to look like just young and nothing else sadly. I should add, with the exception of a handful of players.

Edited by PELE

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

He must have a look a like that wears a cowden tracksuit and sits in the stands then🤣

As Nelly says he was away for the last 2 Premier Sports Cup ties.

You may have seen his twin brother wearing his Cowden trackie at one of those games😀

8 hours ago, PELE said:

He has been a passenger in the matches I have seen. I am all for young and hungry and something to prove, but it is starting to look like just young and nothing else sadly. I should add, with the exception of a handful of players.

Some will always be better than others when you sign 19 new players at the same time.

Brief highlights up from Saturday’s game, oh so unlucky not to take the lead.  Chris’s goal was a cracker.

I suppose the sending off was a red card offence, as usual I just felt the ref was bursting to get his card out, he didn’t give himself a few seconds to think about it, card was out the top pocket before the Celtic player had stopped rolling. 😏

Good luck to the team tonight, despite all the injuries hope we can give a good account, get stuck into they podcast oddbods.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Brief highlights up from Saturday’s game, oh so unlucky not to take the lead.  Chris’s goal was a cracker.

I suppose the sending off was a red card offence, as usual I just felt the ref was bursting to get his card out, he didn’t give himself a few seconds to think about it, card was out the top pocket before the Celtic player had stopped rolling. 😏

Good luck to the team tonight, despite all the injuries hope we can give a good account, get stuck into they podcast oddbods.

Still to watch the highlights my first thought was Jarrad was off be interesting to watch it back.

As you say great chance to take the lead great save by the keeper but should have scored in the follow up.

Good to see Chris scoring, it would have been good to see anyone scoring😀

16 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I think the red card wasnt a red card. Its not denying a clear goalscoring opportunity as the keeper is 50 50 to make that ball it's not 100%, clear and obvious. The miss is just a wow tbh and it should be 1 nil. The players dug in with 10 men if theres one team you dont want to be down to ten men against its Celtic who knock the ball about for fun. 

The shape and determination and effort was top though.

13 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

For teams in the LL the League Cup groups are just a hindrance. When we were in it we had Stranraer (league 1 playoffs), Annan, Motherwell and Rangers. We put up 4 good performances, conceded last min to lose at Stranraer, held Motherwell out for an hour or so etc but the players were just shattered by the time the season started and it took us a good month or two to get going, which in this league you can’t afford to. Nobody really comes with a run in this league, whoever gets out early tends to stay there.

The amount of cups we need to play in makes the league fixture list a bit of a joke. We play almost a third of our league games in the first month and a half. Signing players when pre season starts half way through June is also a nightmare, if they have a family they’re away on holiday for at least a week of pre season which doesn’t help either.

I think if you can get through the first couple weeks unscathed then you should be fine. You have a nice run against some of the lesser teams to get points on the board and built from there 

I suppose the sending off was a red card offence, as usual I just felt the ref was bursting to get his card out, he didn’t give himself a few seconds to think about it, card was out the top pocket before the Celtic player had stopped rolling. [emoji57]

Really was an awful miss. As for the red card, Cowden would have had Toddy sent off every game last season if all referees applied the same rules. Keeper not too clever at two of the goals.