There was a coo

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Evening gents. The junction bar supporters club have a few old retro tops donated to us and will be auctioning off soon. Looking for the season that this away top was from if anyone can help thanks in advance.

54682034-52F1-4982-BD41-EA746F58BBD2.jpeg

It was worn by Jimmy Greaves on Saints and Greavsie at the start of 1991 so will have been 1990/91 anyway but can't remember how long we kept it so could be 1993 as suggested above. I remember I used to wear mine as a goalkeeper top.

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Evening gents. The junction bar supporters club have a few old retro tops donated to us and will be auctioning off soon. Looking for the season that this away top was from if anyone can help thanks in advance.

54682034-52F1-4982-BD41-EA746F58BBD2.jpeg

As mentioned, it was 1991-93. I have both the home and away tops.

Here we go then. First game in the lowland league for us today. Mixed feelings from myself expect celtic to be well organised plenty of energy and move the ball well on the deck. Pre season not the best in my eyes lack of goals/chances silly defending but I can see improvements from the first friendly to our last league cup game. Good numbers going through from the supporters club on the bus today the team will have our backing and support aslong as 100% effort is giving. Safe travels to those heading through mon the cowden

Edited by cowdenbeath0-3

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Here we go then. First game in the lowland league for us today. Mixed feelings from myself expect celtic to be well organised plenty of energy and move the ball well on the deck. Pre season not the best in my eyes lack of goals/chances silly defending but I can see improvements from the first friendly to our last league cup game. Good numbers going through from the supporters club on the bus today the team will have our backing and support aslong as 100% effort is giving. Safe travels to those heading through mon the cowden

Good luck to the team and all the supporters heading through.

Away for a break and miss 4 league games in that fairly short span, 2 home and 2 away, crazy schedule. 🤔

Well the key to unlocking Cowdenbeath appears to be 'give their defenders the ball'. Number 2 with the first touch of a brick wall, #6 with the brain of Harvey Swann and #5 with the left foot of Heather Mills. Impressively shite. At least you might start finding the net against some less experienced and lower quality defences, but I wouldn't have much faith in those cloggers at the back if I were a Blue Brazillian. 

I would maybe worry about your own defence pal xx

3-1 defeat and i’ve not come home with any doubt or disappointment. The boys dug deep with the majority of the game a man down. A very well drilled full time side who moved the ball well but we pressed and sat tight in the right areas. What a save from their keeper early on and goal line clearance very unlucky to not have went 1-0 up. Red card was a red for me no complaints just wish we brought the attacker down just as he entered our half. Proud of the boys great fight and some good signs of improvement. Wont get any easier on Tuesday but full of hope. Also berwick lol 

Edited by cowdenbeath0-3

41 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

3-1 defeat and i’ve not come home with any doubt or disappointment. The boys dug deep with the majority of the game a man down. A very well drilled full time side who moved the ball well but we pressed and sat tight in the right areas. What a save from their keeper early on and goal line clearance very unlucky to not have went 1-0 up. Red card was a red for me no complaints just wish we brought the attacker down just as he entered our half. Proud of the boys great fight and some good signs of improvement. Wont get any easier on Tuesday but full of hope. Also berwick lol 

Great to hear, so glad the boys got a goal, even a consolation. That is no bad effort for 70 minutes with 10 men.

The boys were tremendous today. Have to disagree on the red. It was a foul, but felt that there were numbers back by that point and the goalkeeper had stifled the chance. The team solidified well after that though. 

Thought their number 8 should have seen red after the spate of tackles on the halfway line, where he seemed to have a rush of blood. 

Celtic came out more urgent after halftime and we tired but there's no complaints tonight from me. Fought well and it was a well taken goal, which will surely give Chris and the forwards a bit confidence going forward.

There is a great sense of togetherness from both the support and players and it is only time before it shows in results. Onwards to Tuesday...Mon cowden 

All sounds quite encouraging from people's comments despite the result.

All the best for Tuesday's game.

No interest from Berwick on our thread which is unusual? Perhaps they are knocked for six tonight 

Edited by Cowden316

It's good that the Cowden fans come out and support the team and fair play to you all but I wouldn't be giving the arsecheeks and their maroon cousins Colts any of my money (which meant I missed CSS handing out the telts last night) as I think having them there makes a mockery of the Lowland League 

Anyway at least you're not Berwick...

Sorry I couldn't be here sooner - some of us don't spend our Saturday nights looking for any opportunity to furiously bite on an internet forum and clearly I'd been knocked for six. Anyway, delighted to see such a successful Saturday for my friends from Fife. Another loss, another 3 conceded, and another case of 'nothing to worry about!' from the delusional Cowdenbeath fans :lol::lol::lol: But but but, the boys ran lots!

Sorry I couldn't be here sooner - some of us don't spend our Saturday nights looking for any opportunity to furiously bite on an internet forum and clearly I'd been knocked for six. Anyway, delighted to see such a successful Saturday for my friends from Fife. Another loss, another 3 conceded, and another case of 'nothing to worry about!' from the delusional Cowdenbeath fans :lol::lol::lol: But but but, the boys ran lots!

At first I genuinely thought Berwick must have a decent side this year with the winding up you are doing on this thread. But to still be trying this after taking 6 of Hearts kids really is a red neck…. Fair play!

33 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Wow just wow.

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Good to see a Cowden boy bag a hat trick for Hearts B.

23 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

If Connor Smith is typical of the kind of player in Hearts B team they would have to be title contenders.

If he's not going to be in the first team, surely they need to loan him out.

He was YPOTY for Queen's Park last season in League 1. 

14 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I don't know the player, obviously he's young but if he's on the verge of the first team then they wont loan him out as they expect him to star being picked for games for the first team to gain more experience. Hopefully this is the case 👍

3 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Imagine he will be away out on loan to a championship side.

Shows the inconsistency of B teams, Berwick will have faced them at their strongest while other clubs may face weaker starting XI’s.

Imagine he will be away out on loan to a championship side.
Shows the inconsistency of B teams, Berwick will have faced them at their strongest while other clubs may face weaker starting XI’s.

Especially when it’s the international break. A lot of they Hearts players that played yesterday will be on international duty. Even more noticeable with Celtic & Rangers.

But more than happy for Hearts having a strong team yesterday, the big mouth from Berwick has been quiet on the situation.