There was a coo

11 minutes ago, big al said:

Haha yeah I knew the globetrotters, meant tell me more about broomhill! Haha

who are their superstars ?

Spending no bad bit dosh. Kirk broadfoot. Gary fraser. Broque watson and ryan Conroy etc. Very good players for this level. Decent budget but unknown qty in terms of how they actually will do. 

11 minutes ago, big al said:

Haha yeah I knew the globetrotters, meant tell me more about broomhill! Haha

who are their superstars ?

Gary Fraser signed for them, used to play for us then went to Peterhead.

Superstar is a boy called Slaney who used to play for Celtic apparently ? He is the podcast star with the Broomhill Manager Si Ferry and is making a comeback to football. Of course there is a film about the comeback you can follow if you fancy a cheap Rocky remake and some famous Glasgow banter.

8 minutes ago, big al said:

cheers lads

Just took a sponsorship for the home game v them but never heard of them. 
Get torn into them 👍

Broomhill entered the Lowland League as part of Broomhill Sports Club, an entity that was set up by concerned parents of Broomhill High School in Glasgow that not enough was being done to promote sports. They had football and hockey sides. The football side played in youth football in Glasgow. 

On joining the Lowland League they were going to play originally at Ashfield Juniors but the pitch is quite narrow there (due to a speedway track) so they played at Maryhill Juniors instead. There was a plan to build a new ground in a nearby park but this never came to fruition, perhaps planning permission was a problem. Maryhill's Lochburn Park has a  pitch that is a bit swampy sometimes (although the Social Club serves a fine pint of Vitamin T) so they decamped to Alloa Athletic. 

There has been a split in the club and the team that now play in the West of Scotland League are closer to the original spirit of the team than the team playing out of Alloa who are now associated with Open Goal. Whatever that is. 

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

At £17 I certainly wouldn't be in any rush :lol:

I think FC Embarassment are charging £12. 

Mind you Hibs are charging the same price for their game against Morton, which might be more of a draw for the neutral... 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Mind you Hibs are charging the same price for their game against Morton, which might be more of a draw for the neutral... 

I noticed Dumbarton v Raith is £15 for adults, just about every game I have seen advertised for the Premier Sports Cup seems to be £12, so that seems a bit price gouging to me.

Are you going to make a visit to the magnificent Meadowbank stadia to cheer on the Cowden?

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I noticed Dumbarton v Raith is £15 for adults, just about every game I have seen advertised for the Premier Sports Cup seems to be £12, so that seems a bit price gouging to me.

Are you going to make a visit to the magnificent Meadowbank stadia to cheer on the Cowden?

I think I'm washing Dick Campbell's hair that night 

I will get down to Central Park sometime though, happy to give you lot some cash 

Gary Fraser was quite decent but definitely the worst long throws ive seen in my time watching football lol, bromhill im sure will do well but East Kilbride recruitment seems serious, i do think we need a few experienced heads to challenge for play off's but the manager has the plan of young and hungry and seems set on that, just got to trust and hope we get results, 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s £12.

If you look back the lad was taking his daughter therefore I thought it was £17. 

Cammy graham on sky news yesterday raising awareness of skin cancer after he was diagnosed last year and thankfully all clear.  Wearing cowden training kit during the interview 😂

Check out sky news on twitter or fb for the interview.

Cammy graham on sky news yesterday raising awareness of skin cancer after he was diagnosed last year and thankfully all clear.  Wearing cowden training kit during the interview [emoji23]. 
Check out sky news on twitter or fb for the interview.

Yep they’ve shown it a couple of times this morning too

Skipping ahead, how are the troops feeling about Celtic B then? One of the better sides last season. It'll be great to see you truly welcomed to the Lowland League's tinpot nature by having no idea if you're gonna go up against 11 youth internationals or their U15s. Some league

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Skipping ahead, how are the troops feeling about Celtic B then? One of the better sides last season. It'll be great to see you truly welcomed to the Lowland League's tinpot nature by having no idea if you're gonna go up against 11 youth internationals or their U15s. Some league

I imagine they will have a strong side out, although some of their older youths may be on the bench for the first team friendly.

As you say the B teams make the league tinpot.

Once again it feels strange to say that the boys have played well, despite being 2-0 down.

Had a couple of chances at 0-0, both their goals were avoidable, caused by little mistakes.

Some nice passing movements, just need a wee break in front of goal. How I would love a goal.

This stadium is weird though. There is a decent enough crowd in, but almost completely silent, hardly a murmur when they scored.  They seem to have quite an elderly fan base.

There are certainly a decent enough amount of  Cowden fans scattered about I reckon.

Edited by Cowdenleith