There was a coo

On 14/07/2022 at 12:20, cowdenbeath said:

Quite scary how quick football can change.

Remember going to Arbroath in 2015 and beating them in the Scottish Cup.

They were slogging it out with the Shire for Club 42.

In come Dick and look at them now.

Sure they will be paying big wages but their getting reward for in with their crowds , 900 at home to a Lowland League side is decent and probably our biggest of. The season.

The whole town is backing them as well something that has never happened in all my years following us.

Was just having a read through after Wednesdays game but it’s good to see that getting noticed. 1200 season tickets last year. Tuesday night games in February getting nearly 2000, 3100 at our last home Friday night league game to Morton (which was a dead rubber even I ended up staying in the pub) it’s a good place to be

If any Cowdenbeath fan traveled on Wednesday they’d have seen the number of kids at our games now it’s crazy 

I thought your number 2 was a decent player. Was wanting to see Shepherd as he supposedly went to a few of our training sessions but obviously couldn’t get in the game much.

Overall though you just need experience in that team especially at centre half, I dunno why we persisted in passing it about in nothing areas so much it was unbelievably boring to watch. A well timed run and a clip ball over the top would have created a one on one more often than not 

Some older heads to go along with they lads and you will be ok

I mean we played Forfar and Darvel and could’ve scored 10 albeit it was Scottish Cup games with a much higher tempo.

Take something off St Mirren for us please

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Was just having a read through after Wednesdays game but it’s good to see that getting noticed. 1200 season tickets last year. Tuesday night games in February getting nearly 2000, 3100 at our last home Friday night league game to Morton (which was a dead rubber even I ended up staying in the pub) it’s a good place to be

If any Cowdenbeath fan traveled on Wednesday they’d have seen the number of kids at our games now it’s crazy 

I thought your number 2 was a decent player. Was wanting to see Shepherd as he supposedly went to a few of our training sessions but obviously couldn’t get in the game much.

Overall though you just need experience in that team especially at centre half, I dunno why we persisted in passing it about in nothing areas so much it was unbelievably boring to watch. A well timed run and a clip ball over the top would have created a one on one more often than not 

I mean we played Forfar and Darvel and could’ve scored 10 albeit it was Scottish Cup games with a much higher tempo.

Do you mean sinclair ? He played 80mins

39 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I couldn’t make it up a shame as Gayfield is one of my favorites.

Watched it on the stream which was decent enough.

I always thought there was potential in Arbroath biggest town in Angus.

Its really phenomenal how much the town has got on board with what is happening and as you say loads of kids going which is great - the fans of the future.

Noticed in the stream that they have also done a lot of work at the entrances with new turnstiles etc.

A few Cowden connections there as well.

Dick and Pink grew up a few doors away from my gran.

TOB, Goldie and Cammy Gill all former players.

Good luck for the season a keep pissing off the full time clubs😀

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I couldn’t make it up a shame as Gayfield is one of my favorites.

Watched it on the stream which was decent enough.

I always thought there was potential in Arbroath biggest town in Angus.

Its really phenomenal how much the town has got on board with what is happening and as you say loads of kids going which is great - the fans of the future.

Noticed in the stream that they have also done a lot of work at the entrances with new turnstiles etc.

A few Cowden connections there as well.

Dick and Pink grew up a few doors away from my gran.

TOB, Goldie and Cammy Gill all former players.

Good luck for the season a keep pissing off the full time clubs😀

Yeah the hospitality at the back of the main stand has been built out too I think that alone takes over 250 now. Whole front wall got knocked down over the summer. There’s a main entrance building going in and electronic turnstiles. All the roofs have been replaced on the stands. 2 pie huts in each sea side corner. New dugouts, chairs, seating and where it was getting filmed from there’s actually a press box there. Quite smart with the glazed barriers all with the Arbroath badge on.

It would’ve been a good Saturday day out for you, I did see 4 Cowdenbeath fans who had their flag out and they’re maybe on here, saw them walk out after about 80 minutes and just thought fair play. It must be infuriating watching after having some seriously good players, Hemmings/Stewart ballin upfront not so long ago 

I’m not overly clued up on the lowland league but I don’t understand why Maurice Ross not got a few older heads in there (maybe he has tried who knows) I think it would be massive for you. 

I saw Brechin earlier on in Pre Season and I don’t think they were really that much better but guys like Ian Davidson and Kevin McHattie were streetwise and experienced and that’ll help them massively 

And yeah it was the guy at Bo’ness sorry, he’d trained a few times with us 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

47 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah the hospitality at the back of the main stand has been built out too I think that alone takes over 250 now. Whole front wall got knocked down over the summer. There’s a main entrance building going in and electronic turnstiles. All the roofs have been replaced on the stands. 2 pie huts in each sea side corner. New dugouts, chairs, seating and where it was getting filmed from there’s actually a press box there. Quite smart with the glazed barriers all with the Arbroath badge on.

It would’ve been a good Saturday day out for you, I did see 4 Cowdenbeath fans who had their flag out and they’re maybe on here, saw them walk out after about 80 minutes and just thought fair play. It must be infuriating watching after having some seriously good players, Hemmings/Stewart ballin upfront not so long ago 

I’m not overly clued up on the lowland league but I don’t understand why Maurice Ross not got a few older heads in there (maybe he has tried who knows) I think it would be massive for you. 

I saw Brechin earlier on in Pre Season and I don’t think they were really that much better but guys like Ian Davidson and Kevin McHattie were streetwise and experienced and that’ll help them massively 

And yeah it was the guy at Bo’ness sorry, he’d trained a few times with us 

Arbroath proper good club. Well run and very welcoming. As for the squad. The club has tried for experienced players I know of 10 at least but as maurice ross put out in his statement they either wanted a larger wage or didnt want to drop down to lowland level. I'm pretty sure someone said iain davidson was on circa 200 to 250 a week at brechin. That is just not possible at cbeath any longer.

There are 1 or 2 experienced players with whom would have been available but were perhaps not good enough in the eyes of the coaching staff. You dont sign experience for the sake of a number. Needs to be the right one. The club has 18 signed players now?. So not sure there will be much more coming in. Maybe 1.

The budget was cut over 35% I'm sure it kinda tells it's own story. Only 4 loans allowed in lowland league when u can have 5? In spfl. that also doesnt help.

Tough gig tomorrow against a full time premier league outfit. Hopefully a nice day and a good turnout. Any extra financials can only help the club.

I think once season starts more fans will travel eg to a galashiels or tranent etc.. embrace the new trips and league.😎😎

Edited by NELLY 1

58 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Arbroath proper good club. Well run and very welcoming. As for the squad. The club has tried for experienced players I know of 10 at least but as maurice ross put out in his statement they either wanted a larger wage or didnt want to drop down to lowland level. I'm pretty sure someone said iain davidson was on circa 200 to 250 a week at brechin. That is just not possible at cbeath any longer.

There are 1 or 2 experienced players with whom would have been available but were perhaps not good enough in the eyes of the coaching staff. You dont sign experience for the sake of a number. Needs to be the right one. The club has 18 signed players now?. So not sure there will be much more coming in. Maybe 1.

The budget was cut over 35% I'm sure it kinda tells it's own story. Only 4 loans allowed in lowland league when u can have 5? In spfl. that also doesnt help.

Tough gig tomorrow against a full time premier league outfit. Hopefully a nice day and a good turnout. Any extra financials can only help the club.

I think once season starts more fans will travel eg to a galashiels or tranent etc.. embrace the new trips and league.😎😎

Yeah I heard Brechin were trying to give Elgin £10k for Kane Hester so they must have a decent budget especially for league they’re in. Boy at Mackie Motors helps out although I’ve heard he could be in a bit of trouble.... 

And yeah it’s all about the League, these cup games are good fun and can be enjoyable but it’s just not the same. Off the bat there doesn’t seem to be a big favourite in LL

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah I heard Brechin were trying to give Elgin £10k for Kane Hester so they must have a decent budget especially for league they’re in. Boy at Mackie Motors helps out although I’ve heard he could be in a bit of trouble.... 

And yeah it’s all about the League, these cup games are good fun and can be enjoyable but it’s just not the same. Off the bat there doesn’t seem to be a big favourite in LL

Be a bit dodgy paying that fee with a court case coming up!

I was at the game with my mate and the two things we talked about were the number of kids at the game and also the amount of club merchandise people were wearing, adults too.

Saw the windows and stuff all look pretty smart.

A few Arbroath fans came up and wished us well for the season so cheers for that.

I counted 10 Cowden fans including me.

1 hour ago, wulliemc said:

I was at the game with my mate and the two things we talked about were the number of kids at the game and also the amount of club merchandise people were wearing, adults too.

Saw the windows and stuff all look pretty smart.

A few Arbroath fans came up and wished us well for the season so cheers for that.

I counted 10 Cowden fans including me.

Fair play to you heading up to that game. Away midweek with a 100 per cent chance of losing and a large chance of an absolute hiding 

If Cowden are having to play a different style to avoid a pasting in these league cup games, it’s not really helping apart from fitness exercises. 
Sooner games against teams they have a chance against come along the better.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Great to see eleven players trying instead of some of the loafers we had last season.

Couldn’t get over to the game today, the score line itself was encouraging, good to hear that maximum effort being put in.

Edited by Cowdenleith