There was a coo

Just now, silkybeath said:

We are planning to open the club shop officially on the 26th July. We are awaiting delivery of stock and want to have it well stocked with some fabulous new merchandise before opening. The shop had limited items and is also getting a small repair to the floor done. It will be worth the wait folks as there will be lots of variety from novelty tshirts to golf merchandise. 

Also organising card machine to avoid cash only.

Remember all profits from club shop merchandise goes straight to the club.!

21 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

We are planning to open the club shop officially on the 26th July. We are awaiting delivery of stock and want to have it well stocked with some fabulous new merchandise before opening. The shop had limited items and is also getting a small repair to the floor done. It will be worth the wait folks as there will be lots of variety from novelty tshirts to golf merchandise. 

Good stuff probably best waiting for the launch until you get all your new stock in.

Should be worth the wait!

21 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Also organising card machine to avoid cash only.

Remember all profits from club shop merchandise goes straight to the club.!

Maybe be good if the club communicated this on their website/ Facebook / twitter or whatever they use these days. 

24 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It’s just a great programme, can’t praise enough you guys that put it together, must be a load of work, but perhaps easier these days with all the technology than it might have been even 10 years ago?

Did you get a sell out? 😀  I suppose it’s quite difficult knowing how many to print, as you don’t want to have loads left over, but making sure the fans at the game can get one.

Yes it sold out perhaps in hindsight we under ordered given it was against Airdrie.

Its hard getting it right , print costs have gone up in the last year like everything thing else.

We try to get enough but sometimes get caught out, as long as we sell out we’re in profit while any left over copies are money lost.

Glad you like reading it. Can be a slog at times but we love doing it.

Technology has made a difference years ago we used to post stuff to the printers, then the fax came out and finally email.

Now we just send text and photos at the click of a button a hell of a lot easier!

With digital printing we also have the benefit of full colour as well.

28 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Yes it sold out perhaps in hindsight we under ordered given it was against Airdrie.

Its hard getting it right , print costs have gone up in the last year like everything thing else.

We try to get enough but sometimes get caught out, as long as we sell out we’re in profit while any left over copies are money lost.

Glad you like reading it. Can be a slog at times but we love doing it.

Technology has made a difference years ago we used to post stuff to the printers, then the fax came out and finally email.

Now we just send text and photos at the click of a button a hell of a lot easier!

With digital printing we also have the benefit of full colour as well.

Yeah, just reading through it just now, the article about the current situation with the club, which has been released in the media in part already this week put things into stark perspective, I may post separately about that.

I love all the history articles, much of them being almost local history as well as just about the club. Not being a Fife boy I find them, really interesting.

It’s only relatively recently I have started buying the programme, so am slowly trying to get some of the older issues, they are hard to come by though, even recent seasons. Not necessarily just for the collecting aspect, just enjoy reading them.

I can’t get to every home game due to other commitments so will need to start ordering them through the website when I know I can’t make it.

When would you say the ‘modern era’ of the Cowden programme started? By that I mean packed full of articles.

No complaints about the result and certainly nothing to be embarrassed about.

From what I've seen of Harry Osborne so far, he looks like a luxury player who may well be an asset in games against the so called weaker teams in the Lowland League but he was a passenger today. Doesn't look like he wants to put in the hard work. Players bursting a gut to get back and he's just strolling.

With the ball as his feet and some time, he looks decent enough but you wouldn't want him with you in a battle/scrap.

13 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

No complaints about the result and certainly nothing to be embarrassed about.

From what I've seen of Harry Osborne so far, he looks like a luxury player who may well be an asset in games against the so called weaker teams in the Lowland League but he was a passenger today. Doesn't look like he wants to put in the hard work. Players bursting a gut to get back and he's just strolling.

With the ball as his feet and some time, he looks decent enough but you wouldn't want him with you in a battle/scrap.

He might be alright. A blend of types of players are required to make a team. 
I feel it’s a bit early to making judgements on players, a thing which all fitba fans do naturally and pretty quickly. It’s a young team and it’s all just been cobbled together so would like to think there would be a few months before judgements start. 
some of these boys will improve as they get games and find how they can influence a game.

Obviously some will struggle but that’s life. 

Second half Cowden had a lot more of the ball than in the first without creating many chances until right near he end.
Third goal was a bit of a defensive mix up, so hopefully get these out the way before he league starts. 
As I said at half time I thought Martins was good, but he got even stronger in the second and showed some fancy footwork in a great charge up the field. Alfie Robinson was another stand out for me.
Nelly can maybe tell us how they were in the dressing room after the game, but I didn’t feel like they were tiring too badly, not as much as I expected, which is great sign for first competitive match. Youthful exuberance perhaps.
Only minor downside was the wee club shop being closed. [emoji45]

Yes, Martins and Robinson were very good, would have got in the team last season.
I liked our No 9 too, was good in the air but didn’t have much support.
Things look a lot more promising than I feared.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, just reading through it just now, the article about the current situation with the club, which has been released in the media in part already this week put things into stark perspective, I may post separately about that.

I love all the history articles, much of them being almost local history as well as just about the club. Not being a Fife boy I find them, really interesting.

It’s only relatively recently I have started buying the programme, so am slowly trying to get some of the older issues, they are hard to come by though, even recent seasons. Not necessarily just for the collecting aspect, just enjoy reading them.

I can’t get to every home game due to other commitments so will need to start ordering them through the website when I know I can’t make it.

When would you say the ‘modern era’ of the Cowden programme started? By that I mean packed full of articles.

It started to really grow from around 2008 getting bigger and bigger with more articles.

Peaked at 48 pages over the last few seasons although some were 52, a cup special with Rangers which also had a Laminated cover, and a few double issues.

Cut back to 40 pages this season due to higher costs.

1 hour ago, big al said:

He might be alright. A blend of types of players are required to make a team. 
I feel it’s a bit early to making judgements on players, a thing which all fitba fans do naturally and pretty quickly. It’s a young team and it’s all just been cobbled together so would like to think there would be a few months before judgements start. 
some of these boys will improve as they get games and find how they can influence a game.

Obviously some will struggle but that’s life. 

As you say early to judge that was everyone making their debut today apart from Chris.

When you get such a large group of new players some are going to make it and some won’t very much a work in progress.

Liked what I seen from scott sinclair yesterday even though he was limited due to lack of the ball. He put himself about challenged for every ball and had a few nice touches. Keeper had some phenomenal saves was impressed. All goals conceded easily avoidable striker in the box with no one within 5 yards of him. 2nd one newman just has to hook it away but as he’s left footed hes tried to take it down and shift it on his left foot to clear. 3 games i’ve seen now and we need another two david struthers in midfield his work rate and engine is impressive. Berry needs to put himself about more and as for Harry I don’t need to say much as its been said already. Was also interesting how we’ve went from a back 4 to a back 5 now was this just because maurice knew airdrie would have all the ball or it this what he’s wanting going into the season. I much preferred the 5-3-2 as gilmartin has support up top unlike last few friendlies. 

Took this one in yesterday. Cowden were nothing like as bad as some catastrophists were suggesting. The team is still gelling for me. Martins and Robinson looked decent at the back & the young keeper made two outstanding saves in the first half- one a worldly from a downward header low to his right.

Goal two was a poor mistake by the left back, allowing Cammy Ballantyne a debut goal for Airdrie. Goal three relied on one or two very kind bounces of the ball in the box. Still, Airdrie were streets ahead, looked pretty slick in the main & had a nice shape.

Cowden very much a team in the making and sensible to use these games as competitive friendlies. I think after 2-3 weeks & with a couple more bodies in Cowden will be fine.

If they can replicate that workrate & enthusiasm every week, and find a reliable goalscorer, they will have far too much for a lot of teams in the LL. The home support seemed pleasantly surprised by the display.

Scorcher of a day- a contrast to the last time I was at Central Park, a freezing, raw late December day and a goal-less draw with Albion Rovers.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

42 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Took this one in yesterday. Cowden were nothing like as bad as some catastrophists were suggesting. The team is still gelling for me. Martins and Robinson looked decent at the back & the young keeper made two outstanding saves in the first half- one a worldly from a downward header low to his right.

Goal two was a poor mistake by the left back, allowing Cammy Ballantyne a debut goal for Airdrie. Goal three relied on one or two very kind bounces of the ball in the box. Still, Airdrie were streets ahead, looked pretty slick in the main & had a nice shape.

Cowden very much a team in the making and sensible to use these games as competitive friendlies. I think after 2-3 weeks & with a couple more bodies in Cowden will be fine.

If they can replicate that workrate & enthusiasm every week, and find a reliable goalscorer, they will have far too much for a lot of teams in the LL. The home support seemed pleasantly surprised by the display.

Scorcher of a day- a contrast to the last time I was at Central Park, a freezing, raw late December day and a goal-less draw with Albion Rovers.

Always good to get the view of a neutral.

49 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Thanks for your perspective on the game, it’s good to know that a few of us on here didn’t have the rose tinted specs on when commenting on the game.

McCready’s save that you referred to down low was fantastic, we were high up at that end of the terracing and had a great view of it. He looked very assured all afternoon.

I predicted a scorcher of an afternoon when I posted before the game, it was even warmer than I expected, was quite surprised the players didn’t have a quick water break.

Could certainly do with a little experience, I noticed Bobby Barr is not fixed up, anyone? 😉   

Edited by Cowdenleith