There was a coo

The team defended really well for the most part, Gilmartin came close for Cowden.

I thought there were doubts about both goals, first had a touch of offside from the boy on the left, and looked like a foul for the second.

McCready has had a couple of fine saves and Martins looks the part at centre half.

Think it will be a long second half but as long as they keep battling no complaints from me.

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

The team defended really well for the most part, Gilmartin came close for Cowden.

I thought there were doubts about both goals, first had a touch of offside from the boy on the left, and looked like a foul for the second.

McCready has had a couple of fine saves and Martins looks the part at centre half.

Think it will be a long second half but as long as they keep battling no complaints from me.

Cheers mate.

Fair play to Donald - he's got you leaping to his defence while charging you £13 to watch an under 20's team take on a side that can only muster a squad of 13, in a game your manager has told you he knows he'll lose but he doesn't give a f**k. What a bunch of mugs.

17 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Fair play to Donald - he's got you leaping to his defence while charging you £13 to watch an under 20's team take on a side that can only muster a squad of 13, in a game your manager has told you he knows he'll lose but he doesn't give a f**k. What a bunch of mugs.

You’re trying far too hard. If you’re going to troll you need some intelligence. I would suggest contracting it out. Good luck. 

Went along with my 2 year old daughter. Lasted til half time which is all I expected  her to make to be honest. 
Airdrie were getting stronger as the half wore on and Cowden were compressing more and more around their own goal. 
Wasn’t as bad as I feared after reading comments through the week. The team will get better when the strikers are available and 1 or 2 more to come in so not all doom and gloom.

Got charged £20 at the gate though. Surely young kids are free or a couple of pounds? Bit of a crazy price 

Edited by big al

2 hours ago, onecowden said:

Just before kick off we’re 40/1 with bet365. Biggest price I’ve seen us for any  game. 

On Thursday Airdrie were 4/9 which was printing money.

checked last night and they were down to 1/6. 
A short term mistake by the bookies 

8 minutes ago, big al said:

On Thursday Airdrie were 4/9 which was printing money.

checked last night and they were down to 1/6. 
A short term mistake by the bookies 

Aye. They were 6/5 against Ht/ft. 12 hours later 4/6 A few people I know took advantage. 

Went along with my 2 year old daughter. Lasted til half time which is all I expected  her to make to be honest. 
Airdrie were getting stronger as the half wore on and Cowden were compressing more and more around their own goal. 
Wasn’t as bad as I feared after reading comments through the week. The team will get better when the strikers are available and 1 or 2 more to come in so not all doom and gloom.
Got charged £20 at the gate though. Surely young kids are free or a couple of pounds? Bit of a crazy price 
2 year old you would hope would get lifted over.

1 hour ago, big al said:

You have to agree prices with opponents for Premier Sports Cup games.

Bit excessive paying that for a 2 year old, back in the day they would get lifted over.

Kids are free for Lowland League games.

I thought we done better than expected until the first goal.

Second goal could very well have been a foul to us.

Airdrie did deserve to be ahead with our keeper having 2 decent saves.

Although down in squad numbers Airdrie are still a decent side.

As for us still a work in progress with all the players apart from Chris making their competitive debuts.

Second half Cowden had a lot more of the ball than in the first without creating many chances until right near he end.

Third goal was a bit of a defensive mix up, so hopefully get these out the way before he league starts. 

As I said at half time I thought Martins was good, but he got even stronger in the second and showed some fancy footwork in a great charge up the field. Alfie Robinson was another stand out for me.

Nelly can maybe tell us how they were in the dressing room after the game, but I didn’t feel like they were tiring too badly, not as much as I expected, which is great sign for first competitive match. Youthful exuberance perhaps.

Only minor downside was the wee club shop being closed. 😟

Edited by Cowdenleith

24 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Second half Cowden had a lot more of the ball than in the first without creating many chances until right near he end.

Third goal was a bit of a defensive mix up, so hopefully get these out the way before he league starts. 

As I said at half time I thought Martins was good, but he got even stronger in the second and showed some fancy footwork in a great charge up the field. Alfie Robinson was another stand out for me.

Nelly can maybe tell us how they were in the dressing room after the game, but I didn’t feel like they were tiring too badly, not as much as I expected, which is great sign for first competitive match. Youthful exuberance perhaps.

Only minor downside was the wee club shop being closed. 😟

Don’t know what happened to the club shop today a few folk were asking, hopefully be back to normal next week.

Did you get a programme ok?

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Don’t know what happened to the club shop today a few folk were asking, hopefully be back to normal next week.

Yeah got a programme cheers, looks great, only had a quick glance through, will read it properly later.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would have sold you it😀

It’s just a great programme, can’t praise enough you guys that put it together, must be a load of work, but perhaps easier these days with all the technology than it might have been even 10 years ago?

Did you get a sell out? 😀  I suppose it’s quite difficult knowing how many to print, as you don’t want to have loads left over, but making sure the fans at the game can get one.

31 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

We are planning to open the club shop officially on the 26th July. We are awaiting delivery of stock and want to have it well stocked with some fabulous new merchandise before opening. The shop had limited items and is also getting a small repair to the floor done. It will be worth the wait folks as there will be lots of variety from novelty tshirts to golf merchandise.